Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long has Vala been a Goa'uld host? (Family Ties spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long has Vala been a Goa'uld host? (Family Ties spoilers)

After seeing Family Ties, I was wondering - just how long has Vala been host to Ketesh. The reason I asked this was that if Vala has been a host for a long time (like hundreds, if not thousands of years), her father wouldn't be still alive, right?

And judging from various others like Baal and that Tok'ra guy in Dominion who recognised her instantly, I'd say Ketesh didn't change her host very often and Vala has been a host for quite some time.
    Last edited by gkyun; 13 May 2007, 09:19 AM.
    "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

If she had been, wouldn't she have aged rapidly because of the withdrawal from the sarcophgous. The same thing that happened with Apophis when the Tauri were holding him from Sokar. But if not, it is just another plot hole.

: Green is Good.
    sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

Oh yeah forgot about the "Sarcophgus Withdrawal Symtoms". Though the Tok'ra might have done something to restore her youth, like what Sokar did with Apophis when he got him back.
      "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

I don't think she was a host for that long, maybe 10 years type a thing. Her father didn't seem to know she was host or at least he never said anything about it. Her father might not have seen her since she was child so she could have been host for all of her adult life for all we know. (age 20 and upwards)

Cap116 is right if she had been hundreds of years old she would have gone through the effacts from the sarcophgous and rapidly aged. Remember in season 5 when Daniel was worried about the hosts to the System Lords but Jakob told him that they would all die for that very reason.
        Ben Browder on who'd win a fight, Mitchell or Critchon..."Cameron would have the upper hand until Aeryn kicked his ass."

Comment

i'm betting she isn't that old. any good goa'uld will keep track of their rivals new hosts though of course.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by gkyun View Post
            Oh yeah forgot about the "Sarcophgus Withdrawal Symtoms". Though the Tok'ra might have done something to restore her youth, like what Sokar did with Apophis when he got him back.
            I think all Sokar did was put Apophis in a sarcophgus which brought him back to life and restored his youth. I don't think there was any special procedure to do it.

: Green is Good.
            sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

But how long after death can a sarc revive a person.. Especially one which underwent not only death but full aging due to the loss of their symbiot..?

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                i'm betting she isn't that old. any good goa'uld will keep track of their rivals new hosts though of course.
                Of course they would have kept track. They all gathered intelligence on each other. After all, you have to know what your rivals are up to.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Obviously not very long because as was stated above, she didn't suffer from rapid aging or from the insanity that follows from the phsycological trauma from being host to a Goa'uld. That and that her parents are still around.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Cap116 View Post
                    If she had been, wouldn't she have aged rapidly because of the withdrawal from the sarcophgous. The same thing that happened with Apophis when the Tauri were holding him from Sokar. But if not, it is just another plot hole.
                    This is true however look at kendra she was a goa'uld host for a longtime.Why do I sya this you ask because she was trained in the temple of marduk and she gave suggestions to her symbiote and later in the tomb it was said that marduks tmple was abandoned for hundreds of year's.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Great Lord Baal View Post
                      This is true however look at kendra she was a goa'uld host for a longtime.Why do I sya this you ask because she was trained in the temple of marduk and she gave suggestions to her symbiote and later in the tomb it was said that marduks tmple was abandoned for hundreds of year's.
                      Ah good point! maybe thor's hammer had a protective aspect?

Comment

It's about time I had one.
                        sigpic

Comment

I hope the writers will give us answer to this question some day...

Comment

By season 9 she had been freed from Quetesh for at least 4 years. Maybe she wasn't a host that long.

Comment

Originally posted by Cap116 View Post
                              If she was a few hundred years old, maybe but a Goa'uld slows down the aging process of their host without taking the sarcophagus into account. The Tok'ra don't use sarcophagi, but Martouf was more than a hundred years old when he died and he looked to be in his thirties. It's very possible that the years would not have caught up with him if he had lost Lantash and that he would have aged normally from then onwards.

Maybe Qetesh didn't have access to a sarcophagus or didn't bother with it much given her host's youth. In that case, Vala could have been a host for twenty years and only aged about four or five years physically during that time, or something along those lines.

Vala had been free from Qetesh ten years by "Prometheus Unbound", so if she was in her teens or early twenties when she was taken as host - I don't see her being any younger, a pint-sized Goa'uld isn't likely to strike fear into many hearts - she was either a host for a period of no more than five or six years or else Qetesh slowed her aging process.
                              Last edited by ReganX; 22 May 2007, 03:43 PM.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Working...
                              X