Sound Familiar

Taken from SG-1 Scorched Earth (4x9)

Lotan: - ‘The beings that built it are called the GadMeer'

'They placed all of their knowledge within the ship’s memory
    Science, Mathematics medicine art, philosophy...'
    'Ten thousand years of civilization...'
    'This is their Legacy...............'

'They were a very advanced race, compared to the Enkarans.'

'However they, were also peaceful, and fell victim to a Superior Military Power'

'They built this ship in the hopes that their world would be born again, far from the reach of their enemies’
    Last edited by VSHARMA; 13 May 2007, 03:32 AM.

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

A bit, yea. To be fair though, the Ancient civilization lasted over 10,000 years. They essentially had millions of years of reign before collapse.
    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Still very similar however, well spotted vsharma.

Comment

Spoiler:
        Hopefully the Asgard came up with something similar. I'm not talking about the Odyssey, btw.

But it would be interesting if a cool advanced species like the Gadmeer showed up on Atlantis... Am I the only one tired of homo sapiens?
        sigpic

Comment

Interesting? Never thought about that. Good discovery.

: Green is Good.
          sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
            Spoiler:
            Hopefully the Asgard came up with something similar. I'm not talking about the Odyssey, btw.

But it would be interesting if a cool advanced species like the Gadmeer showed up on Atlantis... Am I the only one tired of homo sapiens?
            I agree with that. Heres a closer look at them

gateworld.net 'The Gadmeer appear reptilian rather than humanoid. They are about the same averageheight as humans, and have long tails.'

Maybe a bit too high budget for SGA bearing in minds the rating of the show?
            Last edited by VSHARMA; 13 May 2007, 03:34 AM.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

sigpic

Comment

ummmmmmmmmm.....

were more than likely NEVER going to see them because for 1.) (it never happened to our versions of Sg-1) 2.) They are sulfur based so breathing oxygen will be kinda fatal to them. and 3.) they suck as a race
              Visit my Website

Comment

The Lanteans fell victim to a superior military power, the Ancients pretty much got sick of living a corporeal existence so, being the ridiculous smart/noble/high minded beings that they were, they ascended.
                www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
                  ummmmmmmmmm.....

were more than likely NEVER going to see them because for 1.) (it never happened to our versions of Sg-1) 2.) They are sulfur based so breathing oxygen will be kinda fatal to them. and 3.) they suck as a race
                  1.)What do you mean 'it never happened to our versions of SG-1?

2.)Have you ever heard of breathing masks?

3.)How do they Suck as a Race?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VSHARMA View Post
                    1.)What do you mean 'it never happened to our versions of SG-1?

2.)Have you ever heard of breathing masks?

3.)How do they Suck as a Race?
                    1.) Seasons 4 Sg-1 are dead (See season 8 episdoe 19 & 20). So techniqually this Sg-1 never met them.

2.) Its not good of a story to have aliens who are extremly deathly alergic to oxygen to come to a carbon based galaxy and try to fight/befriend us. They would spend too much energy just trying to conform to a planet, hense why they were terraformin a planet.

3.) Sulfur based. Lots o' Technology. Killed off by Gouald. Look like lizard monkeys. Programed their computer to make a hologram, and almost killed off their race because they stopped to save a less technological race.
                    Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
                      1.) Seasons 4 Sg-1 are dead (See season 8 episdoe 19 & 20). So techniqually this Sg-1 never met them.

2.) Its not good of a story to have aliens who are extremly deathly alergic to oxygen to come to a carbon based galaxy and try to fight/befriend us. They would spend too much energy just trying to conform to a planet, hense why they were terraformin a planet.

3.) Sulfur based. Lots o' Technology. Killed off by Gouald. Look like lizard monkeys. Programed their computer to make a hologram, and almost killed off their race because they stopped to save a less technological race.

Season 4's SG-1 is not dead... the timeline was screwed with, but the entire point of Mobeus Part 2 was that it was set right. The only thing that was different were the fish in Jacks pond, and that was only for comic relief anyway.
                      www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

yeah, thats the point. season 4 jack stayed in he past and lived his life in ancient egypt.

We started watching a completly different Sg-1 after season 8. They may of had the same missions, but their still different.
                        Visit my Website

Comment

Dude, what are you talking about? SG-1's timeline was restored in Moebius - Part 2. No storyline/character change was portrayed after Moebius, so why are you saying season 4 didn't exist? Watch more Star Trek to understand how temporal mechanics work.

And, btw, the fact that the Gadmeer are not compatible with our environment would be a good excuse to put them in an encounter suit or something (like Kosh from B5), thus saving the budget.
                          sigpic

Comment

Okay, I think the Gadmeer are a very respectable race -- they did program their ship to look for an uninhabited planet to teraform. It wasn't their fault that once the process had already started some nuckle heads from some back-water planet moved a whole population to the planet. Ultimatly the ship they created and programmed safely transported those people back to their original home world before returning to finish teraforming the planet. I would like to see the Gadmeer contact earth now that their civilization has been rebuilt -- The knowledge of earths existence, the English language, and the events that took place are surely stored in the ships memory banks.

A race such as theirs could be valuable friends for earth. Just because your friends don't have the biggest baddest weapons in the universe doesn't mean their not good friends. There are many other forms of technology besides weapons technology that could help earth. Knowledge is power -- the more you know the more prepared you are for a variety of different challenges. We've got the Lantian and Asgard database -- adding the Gadmeer to that wouldn't be a bad idea who knows they might have a few tidbits in their database that isn't in either the Lantian or Asgard database. Different races each follow a different path of gaining knowledge and may learn things unique to their particular studies that when combined with other unique knowledge of other races will result in new discoveries beyond the mear combination of both. Even if we don't understand it all we will given enough time -- the more variety of sources available the faster progress should be. The same bit of information may exist in all the databases but is more easily understood and absorbed by the human intelect from one of those sources then the others. We should get our hands on as much allien tech. databases as possible. Wraith, Lantian, Asgard, Gadmeer, Tokra, Ferling, Ori, Goauld, etc. dowload it all and let as many bright minded people as possible have access to it -- break throughs will be made with information from every source in every potential field of knowledge.

For example we despretly need a molecular level recycling technology here on earth. We need a machine that you shovel anything you want into one end (Garbage in every form except for radioactive stuff) and it comes out the other end broken down and sorted into the most basic molecules, anything that is a haserdous molecule such as DTD is broken down all the way to the element level -- the ones that are listed on the Periodic Table. This would literally turn garbage back into raw materials which could then be sold to industry. Think about it, once you had enough machines to handle the daily flow of garbage you could start digging back up all the land fills and dumping it into the machine -- the old landfills would effectively become massive deposits of resources just waiting to be used. Heck, you could even run raw sewege into the thing and it would come out as hydrocarbons (think gasoline substitute). For example every atom of iron that was in the garbage would be seperated from everything else and would come out the other end as pure metal ready to be turned into cars or whatever else, same with plastic, hydrocarbons, and everything else. Earth based mining could be rapidly scaled back and the environmental hazards involved with mining operations would be significantly reduced. What if the Gadmeer had this kind of technology? Your going to write them off just because they were peacful and didn't have the military power to prevent the initial destruction of their race? Dude, we can use all the friends we can get, especially the peacful, respectable, and highly advanced kind.

Comment

i aggree with turbo1889

and as for the not being able to breath, if they are on a ship, they could use communications with them, and not only that but we know that they possess holographic technology so we could just see a holographic gadmeer: A) it would sort out the oxygen intolerance B) it would cut down on the budget (not needing to look perfect and all) C) it would make sense, they been destroyed once, they wouldn't want to be in person in front of new people

Comment

Working...
                              X