Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SG1 - SciFi Channel: Vote for Best Episode Ever!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1 - SciFi Channel: Vote for Best Episode Ever!

A new segment of the SciFi Channel's Stargate SG-1 Grand Finale Countdown is voting for the Best Episode Ever:

http://www.scifi.com/stargate/countdown/bestepisode/

Help us choose the greatest Stargate SG-1 episode ever! Each week your votes will help advance one episode from each pair to the next round. In the final round, your vote will help us determine the all-time best episode of Stargate SG-1.

SCI FI will give the winning episode a special broadcast on Friday June 22 at 6/5C, before Stargate SG-1's grand finale.

Mouse over an episode title [at the site] to see a short description of its story.
    Click on the title to open the full synopsis in a new window.

After you have made your selections, click the VOTE button. Vote as often as you like, and come back each week for the next round!

The choices for Week 1 are:

The Fifth Race
    The Tokra, Part 2
    The Pegasus Project
    Camelot
    Thor's Chariot
    Thor's Hammer
    Revelations
    Shades of Grey
    Reckoning, Part 2
    The Lost City, Part 2
    Nemesis
    Threads
    Secrets
    Exodus
    The Nox
    Upgrades
    Within the Serpent's Grasp
    The Devil You Know
    A Matter of Time
    The Serpent's Lair
    The Quest, Part 2
    Jolinar's Memories
    In The Line of Duty
    Abyss
    Window of Opportunity
    Enemies
    Divide and Conquer
    Solitudes
    Children of the Gods
    New Order, Part 2
    Small Victories
    Full Circle

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Week Two Update!

Over at the SciFi Channel's Stargate SG-1 site, it's week two of the
    Vote for the Best Episode Ever voting.

http://www.scifi.com/stargate/countdown/bestepisode/

The first week, 32 episodes were paired off (winners are in " "):

"The Fifth Race" vs. The Tokra, Part 2
    The Pegasus Project vs. "Camelot"
    vs.
    Thor's Chariot vs. "Thor's Hammer"
    Revelations vs. "Shades of Grey"

Reckoning, Part 2 vs. "The Lost City, Part 2"
    Nemesis vs. "Threads"
    vs.
    Secrets vs. "Exodus"
    "The Nox" vs. Upgrades

Within the Serpent's Grasp vs. "The Devil You Know"
    "A Matter of Time" vs. The Serpent's Lair
    vs.
    "The Quest, Part 2" vs. Jolinar's Memories
    In The Line of Duty vs. "Abyss"

"Window of Opportunity" vs. Enemies
    Divide and Conquer vs. "Solitudes"
    vs.
    Children of the Gods vs. "New Order, Part 2"
    "Small Victories" vs. Full Circle

In week two, the 16 episodes still in competion are:

The Fifth Race vs. Camelot
    Thor's Hammer vs. Shades of Grey
    vs.
    The Lost City, Part 2 vs. Threads
    Exodus vs. The Nox

The Devil You Know vs. A Matter of Time
    The Quest, Part 2 vs. Abyss
    vs.
    Window of Opportunity vs. Solitudes
    New Order, Part 2 vs. Small Victories

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

And in the category of "SCI FI stole my pretty obvious idea," I've been planning to do a Best Episodes Tournament after SG-1 ended its run since Season Six.

GateWorld, however, will be waiting until U.S. viewers have actually seen the entire series before we start.
      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

This really stinks, "Revelations" lost to "Shades of Gray".WTF! Well, my episode is out quick.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
          And in the category of "SCI FI stole my pretty obvious idea," I've been planning to do a Best Episodes Tournament after SG-1 ended its run since Season Six.

GateWorld, however, will be waiting until U.S. viewers have actually seen the entire series before we start.
          Yes, and we'll probably get to vote on all episodes, right?

No worries Darren, we'll be there; we'll all be there.

Comment

Originally posted by monkey_man132 View Post
            This really stinks, "Revelations" lost to "Shades of Gray".WTF! Well, my episode is out quick.
            yeah, I think this is somewhat fixed. here's an example:
            Full Circle lost to Small Victories

In my opinion, Full Circle is a far better episode than Small Victories.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
              Yes, and we'll probably get to vote on all episodes, right?
              I could be convinced otherwise, but what I'm thinking we'll do is take the top 32 episodes based on Fan Poll ratings and randomly seat them. That'll give us 16 Round 1 matches, eight Round 2 matches, four Round 3 matches, two Round 4 matches, and a final head-to-head.
              GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
              The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
              Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
                yeah, I think this is somewhat fixed. here's an example:
                Full Circle lost to Small Victories

In my opinion, Full Circle is a far better episode than Small Victories.
                These best episode ever things never work because the best one never wins. Not everyone ends up happy.

Comment

I could be convinced otherwise, but what I'm thinking we'll do is take the top 32 episodes based on Fan Poll ratings and randomly seat them. That'll give us 16 Round 1 matches, eight Round 2 matches, four Round 3 matches, two Round 4 matches, and a final head-to-head.
                  Seriously, I don't think basing anything on the episode fan polls is good, seeing as for the past couple of seasons everything got uniform high ratings even when they sucked bilge water.

Here's another suggestion (and yes it will take longer) take a poll separately for each season and the top 3 for each season go into the final comp (plus another random 2).
                  -

Comment

Looking forward to GateWorld's poll, Darren.

I was really curious as to how SciFi Channel came up with the episodes to base this poll on. Some are so obviously deserving. And to pit some excellent episodes against each other was...extremely difficult to choose from!

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

No 'Meridian'? No vote. I'll stick with the GW episode-offs, thank you.
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                        Seriously, I don't think basing anything on the episode fan polls is good, seeing as for the past couple of seasons everything got uniform high ratings even when they sucked bilge water.
                        One man's rose is another man's... well. That's why they're caled opinions and that's what the polls are for, at any rate.

Here's another suggestion (and yes it will take longer) take a poll separately for each season and the top 3 for each season go into the final comp (plus another random 2).
                        I don't think this is such a good idea - you've got seaosns when people would say every other episode is fantastic and others where only 4-5 episodes would get a majority vote as great. Again - opinions, but I know if I had to play like that I'd have had no problem whatsoever with season 4, for example, but I would feel that whatever the outcome is, a lot of season 3 episodes would suffer for it. How about you? Do you think season, oh I dunno... 9 () deserves the same representation as season 4? Methinks it shoudl be highest rated episodes, regardless of the season.
                        Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                        Yes, I am!
                        sigpic
                        Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                        Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                        Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Working...
                        X