X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MultiChannel News: NBCU Touts Its Cable Ratings

From MultiChannel News:

http://www.multichannel.com/article/...dustryid=47203

(Please follow the link for the complete column.)

NBC U Touts Its Cable Ratings

USA, Sci Fi, Bravo Grab 60 of Top 100 Primetime Spots

By Mike Reynolds -- Multichannel News, 5/8/2007 5:53:00 PM

It’s been a strong four months for cable networks at NBC Universal -- so strong that shows on its entertainment networks have aired the majority of the top-100-rated shows among adults 25-54 thus far in 2007.

So said officials at NBC U, who, citing in-home viewing figures from Nielsen Media Research data, claimed that shows running on USA Network, Sci Fi Channel and Bravo accounted for 60 of the top 100 primetime telecasts in basic cable through the end of April.

**snippage**

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Did I read the article right? The only skiffy show in the top 100 from January to April was the Jan 28th BSG ("Taking a Break from All Your Worries")?

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
      Did I read the article right? The only skiffy show in the top 100 from January to April was the Jan 28th BSG ("Taking a Break from All Your Worries")?
      Not necessarily - if I'm not mistaken, that episode earned the same rating as Quest part 2. I think it's just a "amongst their shows were" sort of collection.
      Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
      Yes, I am!
      sigpic
      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
      Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
        The article mentioned BSG, but it didn't say it was the only SciFi show on the list. The wrestling show was probably on the list also.

Not necessarily - if I'm not mistaken, that episode earned the same rating as Quest part 2. I think it's just a "amongst their shows were" sort of collection.
        Actually, since this list is based on Adults 25-54 and not households, you don't know if it earned the same rating as Quest, part 2. You only know the household ratings and don't know any demographic ratings.

Here's an important passage from the article:

The list, according to an NBC U spokesman, excluded sports and gauged results for Jan. 1-April 15 under a live-plus-seven-day measurement, while the period from April 16-29 was counted as live-plus-same-day results.
        live plus seven day. You only know the "Live + same day" for Stargate. It's possible and probable that BSG beats it in "Live + 7" if BSG has more people watching it later on their DVR.

Comment

Working...
        X