X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael Shanks talks to IF Magazine about DVD movies and return of RDA

http://www.ifmagazine.com/feature.asp?article=2085

Exclusive: MICHAEL SHANKS TALKS 'STARGATEG1' DVD MOVIES AND THE RETURN OF RICHARD DEAN ANDERSON
    By SEAN ELLIOTT, Senior Editor
    Published 5/9/2007

Excerpt:

iF: Beyond the STARGATE DVD movies what do you have coming up?

SHANKS: I think it’s OK to talk about it is, Christopher Judge has written a script called RAGE OF ANGELS, that he told me late in the game that I was attached to it. [Laughs] MGM is going to produce the pilot for and we’re going to make it a series. Brad Turner from 24 fame is on taps to direct. I’m actually in Los Angeles right now and that’s what we’re here about. Hopefully, we’ll shoot it by late fall and we’ll see where that goes. Chris’ character is basically Gabriel, who has come to Earth find the Angel Michael who has disappeared and he’s basically fed up with the rules of heaven preventing interaction on any level. He casts away the rules of heaven and decides to go look for Michael and in the process hunt down whatever Lucifer brings to the table, and oddly enough I’ll be playing Lucifer. [Laughs] It’ll be an interesting dynamic there. I’ll be playing a misunderstood guy; someone with daddy issues.

click on link above for full interview

IMHO, this looks like a terrible show.

Comment

In reading the excerpt, it does appear to be a good idea. But after thinking about it, it sounds like one of The Prophecy series. IMHO.

Comment

I am interested in Rage of Angels. I will definetly watch it when it comes out.
        This is what I do in my spare time hunting down fanfiction

And here you will find my werewolf

Here you will find my vampire

Comment

It sounds like Season 6 of SG1 to me.

Comment

Originally posted by redfox000 View Post
            IMHO, this looks like a terrible show.
            Normally I would reserve making a decision on a show before it even goes into production, but really haven't we seen enough of these shows I am not the least bit interested in yet another look at Angles interacting with humans on Earth and at how the devil is real.

Even if it was darker then most, which I doubt, the fact is it has been done to death. Maybe if you actually believe in the existence of god you could buy it but not me, not this millenium. Hmm, Millennium now that was dark show.

Comment

Hm makes me think of the ancients.

Comment

If it's picked up by SciFi channel it'll be rubbish.

Comment

Interesting premise..... horribly, horribly cheesy title. Wow.

I'll still watch it, lol.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Doesn't appeal to me, plus this wouldn't be the first turkey that MS has been involved in *cough* Swarmed *cough*
                    sigpic
                    "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                      It sounds like Season 6 of SG1 to me.
                      Which, mind you, some would argue wasn't the best of Stargate television.
                      Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                      Yes, I am!
                      sigpic
                      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                      Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                        Normally I would reserve making a decision on a show before it even goes into production, but really haven't we seen enough of these shows I am not the least bit interested in yet another look at Angles interacting with humans on Earth and at how the devil is real.

Even if it was darker then most, which I doubt, the fact is it has been done to death. Maybe if you actually believe in the existence of god you could buy it but not me, not this millenium. Hmm, Millennium now that was dark show.

*If* it gets picked up by a network, I would check it out. But yeah, the premise of the angel thing has been done to death. However dark this one is supposed to be, it just doesn't sound that appealing on the surface.

Comment

Sounds a bit like "Constantine", but who knows, might work. I've liked Chris Judge's scripts for SG1.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

I just think it has the promise of ticking of the religious right. Let me see? Gabriel the angel is looking for Michael the archangle? What, has God lost him? Ya right. And Gabriel is tired of the rules in heaven? Ya right. Not only does this go against the Bible, it is absurd. And Lucifer, Satan, is just "misunderstood", again goes against everything in the Bible.

Comment

Originally posted by redfox000 View Post
                              I just think it has the promise of ticking of the religious right. Let me see? Gabriel the angel is looking for Michael the archangle? What, has God lost him? Ya right. And Gabriel is tired of the rules in heaven? Ya right. Not only does this go against the Bible, it is absurd. And Lucifer, Satan, is just "misunderstood", again goes against everything in the Bible.
                              I don't think that makes much difference as the majority of the worlds population are not christians anyway.

Sounds interesting to me and I would say that I was a christian. I love CJ and have really enjoyed his Stargate scripts and his acting and with MS on board I think this will be a winner.
                              sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Working...
                              X