X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1 - Michael Shanks: IF Magazine Interview - Part 1

From IF Magazine:

http://www.ifmagazine.com/feature.asp?article=2075

(Please follow the link for the complete interview.)

Television

Exclusive Interview: 'STARGATE: SG1' STAR MICHAEL SHANKS LIKES GETTING NOOKIE ON '24'

The actor gives iF MAGAZINE tips on how to survive on the Fox TV Show

By SEAN ELLIOTT, Senior Editor
    Published 5/7/2007

Michael Shanks is perhaps best known as the universe and star faring Dr. Daniel Jackson on STARGATE: SG1, but fans of 24 are now seeing him as the more than slightly shifty Michael Bishop. Shanks has the unique distinction of being in one of the very few sex scenes on 24, and told iF MAGAZINE in an exclusive interview all of the secrets to surviving on a show where so many characters get killed off.

iF MAGAZINE: How did you get involved with 24?

MICHAEL SHANKS: I was down in Los Angeles for pilot season and they were casting, the same producers were doing a pilot for Fox which is not entirely similar but the same sort of serialized drama with the story being all about one thing, so I went in to read for that. I had met with the casting director before and one of my recurring directors on the show who has been a friend of mine for years, Brad Turner, is now a supervising producer on there as well. I read and the entire group is a very nice bunch of people and they asked me if I was going to be in town for a while and I told them I was, and they had me read for a couple of different parts on 24 and Brad was directing them. I know that Peggy Kennedy, the casting director for 24 is a big STARGATE fan. The last time I met her she was talking about it, and I from what she was saying I knew she had seen it, but the more we talked, I realized she watched us regularly and she knew everything about it. So, it was just a matter of getting the network approval for me to do it.

**snippage**

CHECK BACK THIS WEEK FOR PART 2 OF THIS EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Originally posted by morjana View Post
    I know that Peggy Kennedy, the casting director for 24 is a big STARGATE fan.
    I've always thought there were an awful lot of people on 24 who'd previously been on Stargate! It's all becoming clear!

Comment

Working...
    X