Daniel Jackson Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daniel Jackson Question?

After watching the "Quest, Pt. 2" again, I was wondering if it now means that Daniel Jackson has the ATA gene since he used the Ancient Download Device? They have never really said anything that states that he does, but I think it does. Maybe he could fly a puddlejumper next.

: Green is Good.
    sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Since we have no proof that he does, for the moment, I'd have to say no.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
      Since we have no proof that he does, for the moment, I'd have to say no.
      I'd say no since Merlin turned him back to normal.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Agreed. Merlin was in him, so if nothing else, that was his doing that enabled Dr jackson to use it. Though in the Lost city, i do remember the head sucker opening up when jackson came real close..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          Agreed. Merlin was in him, so if nothing else, that was his doing that enabled Dr jackson to use it. Though in the Lost city, i do remember the head sucker opening up when jackson came real close..
          Exactly, it did. Same with Vala too in "The Quest, Part 2". Not all Ancient technology requires one to have the Ancient gene to operate.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Well, in "Moebius Part 2", AP Jack drives the "gate ship", and he couldn't have ever had Ancient knowledge downloaded into his brain. This likely means Jack actually always had the ancient gene. However, there has never been any indication that Daniel possesses the gene, so I'm thinking it's not necesarry to operate download device.

Comment

Originally posted by 1DanielForMe View Post
              Well, in "Moebius Part 2", AP Jack drives the "gate ship", and he couldn't have ever had Ancient knowledge downloaded into his brain. This likely means Jack actually always had the ancient gene. However, there has never been any indication that Daniel possesses the gene, so I'm thinking it's not necesarry to operate download device.
              Yeah, they are not saying Jack got the gene from the head sucker, they are wondering if you need the gene to get you head sucked. I would say no. If they wanted to pass on their knowledge to other races, why would they make it so only an ancient could operate it? they would not have forseen themselves returning from Atlantis and interbreeding with the new humans of earth.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                Exactly, it did. Same with Vala too in "The Quest, Part 2". Not all Ancient technology requires one to have the Ancient gene to operate.
                Exactly the first on reacted to teal'c too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                  Exactly the first on reacted to teal'c too.

IIRC no it did not... He looked directly into it and nothing happened.

Comment

No not at all if effectivly topped up his brain with an emmense amount of knowledge it didnt change his genes.

Comment

Originally posted by Cap116 View Post
                      After watching the "Quest, Pt. 2" again, I was wondering if it now means that Daniel Jackson has the ATA gene since he used the Ancient Download Device? They have never really said anything that states that he does, but I think it does. Maybe he could fly a puddlejumper next.
                      It's a fact that DJ doesn't have it & neither does anyone else on SG-1 have the gene either.

Comment

Yeah exactly. He saw what Jack saw except the machine didn't grab his head and start the download.

As for whether or not Daniel has the gene, I strongly doubt it. Had he had the gene, we would have seen some evidence long before now. For instance, if he had the gene, he could have flown the puddle jumper in It's Good to be King.

To my knowledge...no one ever suggested that the gene was required to use the repository. In Fifth Race, everyone figured that the reason Teal'c was unable to use it was because he was Jaffa.

You know, it'd be interesting to see whether Sam or Vala could since they are former hosts. Did the machine react to the presence of naqadah in Teal'c's system or to the snake...or neither? Is there another reason it didn't work besides the fact that he is Jaffa?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                          Yeah exactly. He saw what Jack saw except the machine didn't grab his head and start the download.

As for whether or not Daniel has the gene, I strongly doubt it. Had he had the gene, we would have seen some evidence long before now. For instance, if he had the gene, he could have flown the puddle jumper in It's Good to be King.

To my knowledge...no one ever suggested that the gene was required to use the repository. In Fifth Race, everyone figured that the reason Teal'c was unable to use it was because he was Jaffa.

You know, it'd be interesting to see whether Sam or Vala could since they are former hosts. Did the machine react to the presence of naqadah in Teal'c's system or to the snake...or neither? Is there another reason it didn't work besides the fact that he is Jaffa?
                          As I previously said:

JM Answer

Nobody on SG-1 has the gene!

Comment

Ok you're right.

Comment

Well.... I think if the executive producer says so the question is answered. No one on SG-1 has the gene.

Comment

Working...
                              X