This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1 - SciFi Channel's Fan Comments

As part of the SciFi Channel's Stargate SG-1 Grand Finale Countdown (for the series finale episode on June 22nd, 2007), the SciFi.com's SG1 web site has a special section at:

http://www.scifi.com/stargate/countdown/

This area includes several sections, including: Top Ten Moments, Quizzes, Cast Farewells (video clips), Fan Videos, Character Moments, and Fan Comments:

Post your memories of 10 great years of Stargate SG-1 here on the
    Grand Finale Countdown bulletin board. Tell us about your first time
    watching it, or your favorite moment, or maybe the time you met one
    of the stars. Add your farewell message for the cast and crew.

The important thing is just to express yourself. Now tell us what you
    think!

http://www.scifi.com/stargate/countdown/fancomments/

Since the fan comments section of the Grand Finale went live on April 27th, there have been approximately 400 comments posted so far, from 47 states (come on South Dakota, Vermont, and West Virginia, let's hear from you!), and several countries, including Canada, United Kingdom, Italy and Spain.

The top five states in posting are (to this date):

CA 30
    TX 29
    OH 28
    NY 25
    MI 18

The comments have varied in length and depth, but so far, the most poignant comment has been posted from a gentleman from Colorado:

"Since the show started till now, my family and I have enjoyed every trip through the gate. Through all of your creative genius and exceptional acting we have been able to (for an hour at a time) escape the sometimes crazy and depressing events in our real world.

With the death of my son I was able to identify with O'Neill and became hopeful for the future of my other son through the eyes of Daniel. I could go on and on about all members of the cast and crew but it would become long and most likely real drab.

Thank you all for your wonderful acting and the true heart felt feelings you put into it, for that kind of realism to come through on the show each of you must have it truly in your own very real hearts and souls. We will all be sorry to see you leave, and will look forward to seeing your next adventures in some wonderful way. Take heart to know that you have touched the world with kindness, compassion and bravery.

From a retired soldier and retired cop. God bless and see you on the other side."

<><><><><><>

Please don't miss out -- post a comment and share the love!

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Cool. Nice job Morjana.

Comment

Originally posted by monkey_man132 View Post
      Cool. Nice job Morjana.
      Thank you!

Morjana

Love your signature! Intellignet and beautiful cat.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Just posted my comment on there. Even though I've been used to the idea for some time now already, I'm still going to miss this show so much.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
          Thank you!

Morjana

Love your signature! Intellignet and beautiful cat.
          I got a bunch of more shots of her in the Gateworld Members Pets thread. Here and also on the 5th page there are 2 more shots of her. Theres one of her lying on my SGA shirt .Shes the best though. She loves the camera.

Comment

Originally posted by monkey_man132 View Post
            I got a bunch of more shots of her in the Gateworld Members Pets thread. Here and also on the 5th page there are 2 more shots of her. Theres one of her lying on my SGA shirt .Shes the best though. She loves the camera.
            Thank's for the link. I'm heading over there now!

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Working...
            X