X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are ZPM's Rechargable?

Just wondering.

i don't think so. as they create an area of subspace then draw the energy out of that. but i suppose they could change it so it gets energy from a different one.

either that or just buy a universal adapter and plug it in to the wall socket...

Comment

nope. after there is no power it becomes a massive paper weight or something to throw at mckay!lol!
      sigpic

Comment

Not at all.

Once they reach maximum entropy, they're useless.
        McKay : (incredibly high pitched) HEEEY! IT'S MISTER MOM! How are the kids??

Zelenka: Do not even SPEAK to me.

Comment

Originally posted by ata_beckett View Post
          Not at all.

Once they reach maximum entropy, they're useless.
          I agree with you on that point however is it possible to replace the artificial region of subspace and make the zpm useful again? If so that could be very useful if the team were ever to find where the Ancients created the zpm's.

A very wise man once said...."Reality is an illusion created by a lack of Alcohol."

Comment

i think it's possible. but i'd like it if there was a big warehouse of zpm's out there though.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Area 51-and-a-Half View Post
              Just wondering.
              If they were rechargeable, I don't think Atlantis would have been lacking any spares.

The way they are made is thermodynamically irreversible, the ZPM will eventually reach maximum entropy, after which it's useless.

Perhaps if there is a tiny bit of juice left in them, they may be able to be used as a powerful explosive though.

Other than that though, they're pretty much useless when depleted. This is why they were trying 'Project Arcturus', so that they would have had limitless energy & never need will have needed to worry about running out of power ever again.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravroz View Post
                I agree with you on that point however is it possible to replace the artificial region of subspace and make the zpm useful again? If so that could be very useful if the team were ever to find where the Ancients created the zpm's.
                Sure it'd be like refurbishing an alternator.
                All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

I can't remember which episode it was but when rodney is facing death he says something to weir about an idea he is working on to recharge a zpm using the stargate. mayge he is thinking about using the gate to channel a new area of subspace into the zpm?

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy24 View Post
                    I can't remember which episode it was but when rodney is facing death he says something to weir about an idea he is working on to recharge a zpm using the stargate. mayge he is thinking about using the gate to channel a new area of subspace into the zpm?
                    And thus breaking laws of thermodynamics.

I'm curious why so many of these threads keep cropping up. Over and over. Use the search feature, folks.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
                      And thus breaking laws of thermodynamics.

I'm curious why so many of these threads keep cropping up. Over and over. Use the search feature, folks.
                      Yea, but remember, going through the Stargate defies the laws of physics to.
                      www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Even better question -- do they present a hazard once depleated? I'm thinking a comparison between nuclear waste hear -- are those things full of "exotic particles" what were to happen if one got broke open ?!?!?!

Comment

After all the posts and info I have read, ZPMs can not be recharged, and when they are depleted they have two purposes, paper weight or door stop. There is nothing hazardous about them after they are depleted. Look at some of the other posts about ZPMs on this forum, some of them are really detailed.

: Green is Good.
                          sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo-DR View Post
                            Yea, but remember, going through the Stargate defies the laws of physics to.
                            How do you figure that?

The gate is activated - its creates a stable wormhole between the 2 gates. The 'event horizon' is made (thing of the event horizon as the wraith transport beam or the asgards transport beam - all the event horizon on the gate is, is an 'interface' that dematerializes you and rematerializes you)

You step through the gate - the event horizon dematerializes you and send your matter stream through the wormhole to the other gate.

You exit the other gate - The even horizon rematerializes you and you walk out of the gate.

Gate shuts down after 38 minutes, due to running out of power. So which law(s) of physics did the gate break?

-------------

And for the last freakin time - NO A ZPM CANNOT BE RECHARGED - As someone else pointed out, this question has been asked hundreds, if not thousands of times. Use the search feature... all it takes it clicking search and then typing in 3 LETTERS!!!! Z. P. M. I can assure you that you will be presented with a huge list of threads, and half of them with the title ' Can a ZPM be recharged?'

Comment

BUT... whatever happened to the place the ZPM's were manufactured? (they didn't just grow you know ) Is there a zpm factory (or lab) on atlantis they simply haven't found?

Comment

Working...
                              X