This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gou'ald R&D

Gou'ald are technological scavengers, but are there any scientists? How do they learn? I don't think Gou'ald got to universities and stuff so how do they develop new weapons and stuff?

They generally don't develop new technology, but they have scientists which we have seen (the female Goa'uld in Double Jeopardy, the male Goa'uld in Homecoming, Thoth (me!) in Evolution, the 'big' Goa'uld from Beachhead) who presumably spend time analysing new technology taken from other civilisations and adapting them to their own specifications.
    But I suppose there wouldn't be very many Goa'uld scientists since, as a scientist, you would probably serve someone regardless of how well you do in your field. That obviously wouldn't appeal to the Goa'uld need for worship and dominance. There are very few Goa'uld who we've seen who weren't ultimately planning on over-throwing their master.
    Then there's all the Tok'ra scientists, but they're by no means the same thing, I suppose.
    Godspeed, Don.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoth View Post
      They generally don't develop new technology, but they have scientists which we have seen (the female Goa'uld in Double Jeopardy, the male Goa'uld in Homecoming, Thoth (me!) in Evolution, the 'big' Goa'uld from Beachhead) who presumably spend time analysing new technology taken from other civilisations and adapting them to their own specifications.
      But I suppose there wouldn't be very many Goa'uld scientists since, as a scientist, you would probably serve someone regardless of how well you do in your field. That obviously wouldn't appeal to the Goa'uld need for worship and dominance. There are very few Goa'uld who we've seen who weren't ultimately planning on over-throwing their master.
      Then there's all the Tok'ra scientists, but they're by no means the same thing, I suppose.

You mean Nerus. He was quite BIG. Plus Goa'uld did develop the Sarcophagus(with help from the 'Telchak' Ancient healing device.
      Also you must have needed scientists to build Ha'taks, Al'kesh's & Death Gliders.
      Last edited by VSHARMA; 28 April 2007, 07:22 AM.

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

yea they have scientists however it does seem there technology has been roughly the same four at least 5000 years

Comment

Don't forget that the Goa'uld possess a genetic memory of all their ancestors so new Goa'uld would, I would imagine, have instantenous access to the latest things developed by their people.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

How can you Remove a Goa'uld from a host with out killing the host?
            Can you use a cardio machine? and "KILL" the host by stopping the persons heart? have the Critter leave cause the host is "dead"?
            Can you cut it out?
            Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
              How can you Remove a Goa'uld from a host with out killing the host?
              Can you use a cardio machine? and "KILL" the host by stopping the persons heart? have the Critter leave cause the host is "dead"?
              Can you cut it out?
              The Tok'ra do it. The Asgard can also do it by beaming the symbiote out entirely. We tried in season 1 to take a host out but it didn't work. Its possible that that isn't canon though, since its season 1.

Comment

That was more than season 1, that was episode 2 (if you make Children of the Gods parts 1 and 2 one episode). Alot of stuff from the first few eps is way off cannon now (like a Glider using transport rings X0 ).

But we may have developed the tech in the last decade to remove symbiotes. Our understanding of Goa'uld physiology is leaps and bounds ahead of 10 years ago, thanks to Junior.

Comment

As mentioned above, we have seen many examples of Goa'ulds who work as scientists and reverse engineers for system lords.

And the Goa'uld do not need universities because all their knowledge is passed down to their children, so they are born with a lot of knowledge already. I almost envy them, they don't have to go to school like us

Comment

Working...
                  X