This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ori Mothership(s) Vs. A Borg Ship(s)

What ship(s) do you think would win in a space battle.

Borg might take some losses at first, but they will adapt quickly and squat the Ori ships out of the sky. or they can just call in reinforcements and take them out. There's nothing special about Ori ships they wouldn't be able to adapt to i don't think. The Borg can beam through shields. They can adapt shields and weapons. The Ori ships can outrun them maybe, but that's about it. I give it to the Borg in a protracted fight.
    That's the plan?!? That's the plan. That plan sucks!

Comment

Then there's the aftermath: Borg ship wins, incorporates Ori tech and becomes even more powerful...

Either way, I just want to watch that fight...
      Mammals suck!

"Real men don't need inertia dampers."

Check out my GURPS campaign setting wiki, Islands of War!

Stop sending me friendship requests. I will deny them all, regardless of who they come from.

Comment

The Ori Battle Curser would destroy the Cube with a Few shots just as species 8479 destroy Cubes in 'STV Scorpio'

Next time use the ‘Ultimate Vs Thread’ for Ship vs Ships. We already have Daedalus Vs Galatica, Daedalus Vs Star Destroyer and now this.

Heres You Go

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...=41282&page=13

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

Ok first battle...Ori ship murders the Borg cube subsequent encounters see the Borg sending more ships and adapting. Eventually the Borg become immune to Ori weapons and find a way to counter the shields with a massive numerical advantage as well the Ori followers are toast...
          Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Borg would eventually win. Their ships would get massacred until they adapt to the Ori weapons.

Comment

Hmm are you sure? If the Ori know where to hit they can hit the weak spots and the break the cube up before the Borg are even able to begin to adapt to the beams

Comment

Originally posted by Lightbane View Post
                Hmm are you sure? If the Ori know where to hit they can hit the weak spots and the break the cube up before the Borg are even able to begin to adapt to the beams
                Stargate weapons as far as we know can't change frequency, the Borg would adapt quickly and the Ori would still have to get past shields, armour and no where to hit in order to take advantage of the weak stops...

The borg have hundreds of thousands of ships many many many more than the Ori, they'd adapt and then crush the Ori imo.
                Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

If an Ori Warship were to fight a Borg Cube, the Ori ship would win.

Now, people then start adding the entire Borg collective into the fold, which means we have to bring all the Ori into the fold as well, including the actual Ori, which would in the end survive no matter what, and be able to destroy the Borg, unless the Borg have their own Sangraal.

Comment

Originally posted by Sauron18 View Post
                    If an Ori Warship were to fight a Borg Cube, the Ori ship would win.

Now, people then start adding the entire Borg collective into the fold, which means we have to bring all the Ori into the fold as well, including the actual Ori, which would in the end survive no matter what, and be able to destroy the Borg, unless the Borg have their own Sangraal.
                    The thread is talking about ships therefore no ascended Ori...

In an all out war involving only ships the Borg would win

Comment

Anyone else wanna see an assimilated Ori ship? *SHUDDERS*
                      Mammals suck!

"Real men don't need inertia dampers."

Check out my GURPS campaign setting wiki, Islands of War!

Stop sending me friendship requests. I will deny them all, regardless of who they come from.

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                        Ok first battle...Ori ship murders the Borg cube subsequent encounters see the Borg sending more ships and adapting. Eventually the Borg become immune to Ori weapons and find a way to counter the shields with a massive numerical advantage as well the Ori followers are toast...
                        True. But look how many battles species 8472 have had with the Borg and the Bio ships won each time because the Borg couldn't Adapt.

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VSHARMA View Post
                          True. But look how many battles species 8472 have had with the Borg and the Bio ships won each time because the Borg couldn't Adapt.
                          Yeah but species 8472 would kill the Ori anyway imo lol, species 8472 technology couldn't be assimilated and even so the borg slowly developed a resistance to their weapons, it maybe that 8472 weapons had too much raw power and opporated in ways the Borg couldn't understand...the Ori follows and ships can be assimilated and their weapons don't have anywhere near as much raw power as 8472 ones plus stargate weapons can't change frequency to counter the borg adapting...

even if the Borg did find it difficult to adapt the numerical advantage would be enough

Comment

Borg cube will be one shot downed.

Now, adaptation is fine, but just how far can it go when we talk about brute force. As far as I'm concerned, Borgs never adapted against kinetic energy and other forms of common energies.

They just easily adapted to things like phasers and whatever gizmos Trek employs.
                            The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
                              Borg cube will be one shot downed.

Now, adaptation is fine, but just how far can it go when we talk about brute force. As far as I'm concerned, Borgs never adapted against kinetic energy and other forms of common energies.

They just easily adapted to things like phasers and whatever gizmos Trek employs.
                              As you well know though ori beams can't topple a mountain in one shot, Cubes are 3000m per side and multiple reduntant systems as well being able to function when 78% of the ship is inopperable, first engagement i can see a cube being taken out from a clean straight threw the middle shot but after that it gets more difficult for the Ori as the Borg will adapt and the beam will lose effectiveness...

Comment

Working...
                              X