X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Swarm

Space Dilemma.

Your flying through space in your Puddle Jumper alone. You see a swarm of 1,000 darts closing on to you. They are no Hives or Cursers in the vicinity

Luckily for you see a fleet of Unmanned Vessels and Fighters around a planet.

Which ship would you choose and why.

Here are the Options.

The Daedalus (Rail Guns, Mark III’s and Mark IX only)

Stay in your Puddle Jumper, Cloak and look for Stargate.

Ha’tak Mothership

O'Neill Class Battleship

F-302 (Go commando and take on 1,000 Darts)

Al’kesh (Gorilla Fight and Cloak Technique)

Ori Battlecruiser

Hive Ship

Ori Fighter (which have shields pulse weapons and highly manoeuvrable

Aurora Class Battleship (500 drones only)

Wraith Cruiser (Blend in. ‘Humans what Humans’)
    Last edited by VSHARMA; 27 April 2007, 10:30 AM.

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Originally posted by VSHARMA View Post
    Space Dilemma.

Your flying through space in your Puddle Jumper alone. You see a swarm of 500 hundred darts closing on to you. They are no Hives or Cursers in the vicinity

Luckily for you see a fleet of Unmanned Vessels and Fighters around a planet.

Which ship would you choose and why.

Here are the Options.

The Daedalus (Rail Guns, Mark III’s and Mark IX only)

Ha’tak Mothership

O'Neill Class Battleship

F-302 (Go commando and take on 500 Darts)

Al’kesh (Gorilla Fight and Cloak Technique)

Ori Battlecruiser

Hive Ship

Ori Fighter (which have shields pulse weapons and highly manoeuvrable

Aurora Class Battleship

Wraith Cruiser (Blend in. ‘Humans what Humans’)
    the Aurora...just fire 500 drones lol

Seriously dude there's nothing the darts could do against most of those ships unfair comparassion...make it 10,000 darts and then it gets interesting
    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
      the Aurora...just fire 500 drones lol

Seriously dude there's nothing the darts could do against most of those ships unfair comparassion...make it 10,000 darts and then it gets interesting

500 Darts are enough. The Daedalus Class can only carry 16 F-302’s and that seems enough. Were talking 500. FIVE HUNDRED DUDE.

It’s enough.

OK OK. I'l edit the post and make it 1,000. No More.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

sigpic

Comment

500 Darts are enough. The Daedalus Class can only carry 16 F-302’s and that seems enough. Were talking 500. FIVE HUNDRED DUDE.

It’s enough.

OK OK. I'l edit the post and make it 1,000. No More.
        Ok these are the ships that could win against them;
        - Ori
        - Deadalus
        - Aurora

nothing else could hit them and have the shields to survive...a Ha'tak would be destroy by the darts pretty easily imo, the hive and cruiser would be worn away without weaponary to shoot them, the Oneill could sit there for ages without damage before eventually being destroyer...
        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

the funny thing is that all these advanced ships are just laying around orbit around a planet. lol

for me it would be these:

asgard oniel class ship- very advance, must have a transpoter beam like its beliskner class, with that you could beam/teleport 10,000 darts and the asgard main front weapon would shread through atleast 100 darts.

an ori ship would just smash into them like a bug at a windscreen.

earth class ships would just beam a nuke in the middle of the swarm and wipe out entire area of darts
          sigpic

Comment

I would go for the O'Neill Class ship... I'd just beam each dart up, store them in the O'Neill's computers then beam them into a nearby Star's corona. LOL!

I know I could just fly into them with an Ori ship... but seeing Wraith Darts get fried on a star's surface is more entertaining.
            http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
            http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
              Ok these are the ships that could win against them;
              - Ori
              - Deadalus
              - Aurora
              But look like slow the Ori Beam fires. Takes ages and even then its in a straight line
              Last edited by VSHARMA; 09 May 2007, 07:52 AM.

sigpic

Comment

But look like slow the Ori Beam fires. Takes ages and even then its in a straight line
                Their secondary weapons can take out a Hatak in 3 shots so they would make fairly short work of the darts.

Plus the shields are so strong that you could just keep ramming the swarm of darts and let them hit your shields like bugs on a wind screen.

For the above reasons I would pick the Ori ship as the shields, from what we have seen, would stand up against their weapons fire long enough for you to take out each one with the secondary weapons.
                Plus if they are stupid and fly in a tight group, you can just fire the main beam and you`re bound to catch atleast a dozen of them.

Comment

I would stay in the puddle jumper, i mean come on all those ships need more then one guy to fly... plus if they are all just sitting there empty, i dont want to know how the wraith cleaned them out... Sounds like a trap to me

Comment

I'm going to say the O'Neill would win but here is what I would do

I would use the Puddle Jumper and go to the Ori, O'Neill, and Ancinet Battleships and take that technology from each ship and put it on the Ha'Tak. Use the Ha'Tak to attack the darts who think its a weak old ha'tak but its really a Super-Power Ha'Tak and use it to take down all of the Darts then take it back to earth and protect us from any other attacks
                    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                    A Face you Can Trust
                    sigpic
                    So whats the worst that could happen?
                    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post

I would use the Puddle Jumper and go to the Ori, O'Neill, and Ancinet Battleships and take that technology from each ship and put it on the Ha'Tak. Use the Ha'Tak to attack the darts who think its a weak old ha'tak but its really a Super-Power Ha'Tak and use it to take down all of the Darts then take it back to earth and protect us from any other attacks
                      Lol all this in the time it takes the dart to reach you

Comment

Originally posted by marty2006 View Post
                        Lol all this in the time it takes the dart to reach you
                        Pretty much because I do have a cloaked Pudde Jumper to go around and the darts left the ships alone for this long so their is no reason for them to start now
                        Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                        A Face you Can Trust
                        sigpic
                        So whats the worst that could happen?
                        Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                        It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

There really is only 1 choice that can be made in such a situation!

You would say Daedalus as long as it has time & can using beaming technology. So just beam a few nukes in between them & let the ensuing blast waves take them all out. If beaming tech wasn't allowed, then I think 1000 Darts would cut through the shields very, very quickly!

In that case, it could only be the Asgard O'Neill Warship! It has very powerful shields & good energy weapons. So even without beaming tech, the energy weapons would make short work of them. 1 hit 1 kill.

The Aurora would be no good unless it has energy weapons. If it was just 500 Drones against more than 500 Darts, you'd be toast because you'd have nothing left to fight the remaining Darts with.

Ha'taks have crappy shields & would take out a few, but would be taken down very quickly.

Smaller fighters like the PJ would not have a good enough shield, or anywhere near enough Drones to take them on. Another Dart would be no good as you'd be a goner after the 1st hit. Al'kesh would have no chance if a Ha'tak would be eaten alive by them. The 302 would be your best bet because of the types of weapons it carries. The guns could mow a good few down. As well as detonating the warheads in front of them. However just like in 'NML' with Shep, you'd be taken down fairly quickly.

The Ori ship would probably give you the strongest shield out of all of them. However it only carries a single weapon on the front. So with the tiny size of the Darts weaving in & out, it'd be like an Lion with a Black Widow on his back. It could easily kill it with one swoop but it too big & clumsy to get round to it in time.

That leaves the Wraith ships. They'd be good to try & fool them. However if they seen you entering the ship, they'd know the score & attack. We saw that 1 Dart can damage a Hive in the 'The Hive'. So 1000 would be no contest. Even if they didn't see you, who's to say the 1000 don't dock in the landing bay & then come looking for you on the bridge.

Daedalus because of the nukes & rail guns, as long as beaming tech could be used where you could take them all out in a single shot. If beaming tech couldn't, then it'd be the O'Neill Warship.

Comment

The Daedalus (Rail Guns, Mark III’s and Mark IX only) : The deadalus would hold off their weapons with its superior shields. The rail guns would take out any close enough dart and the nukes would take out possible a big group or all of them at once.

Hmmm...Im a scientist with no backbone eh? I guess this is a good choice if I dont know how to fight...

Ha’tak Mothership Excellent canon fire rate. If facing off against 1000, the shields will eventually fail.

O'Neill Class Battleship Cant use beaming technology as an offensive weapon. So, they can beam them into holding cells. They can maneuver pretty good for their size, but are sub par on offensive power.

F-302 (Go commando and take on 1,000 Darts)

Al’kesh (Gorilla Fight and Cloak Technique) You can uncloak take out a few darts, re-cloak and change your position so you can do this over and over again.

Ori Battle cruiser
                            Slow moving beam will probably kill 1 or 2 wraith who attentions are on something else...maybe wondering why his hair is so white or why he has to wear that uncomfortable mask all the time.

Hive Ship Maybe 1000 darts will be too much for this ship since it has no sheilds. The fire power is good, but just like anything power - speed = crap.

Ori Fighter (which have shields pulse weapons and highly maneuverable (I though they have shields?) It would be the same with darts, except its 1 vs 1000...impossible to win.

Aurora Class Battleship (500 drones only) Great choice. But with limited drones it might be a problem. With no zpm the shields will be slightly better than the asgards/deadalus. It can probably hold them off, but not forever. It has canons on its hull but it is unknown whether they are fast or slow.

Wraith Cruiser (Blend in. ‘Humans what Humans’): More maneuverable than the hive but still no shields.

So in the end, I would choose...The alkesh. It is maneverable enough to move around and not be a single target. It has decent enough shields. It has the firepower to take out multiple ships in one volley. And the best part, you can cloak. So, basically you take out a few ships, cloak, and move to a different section and do the same. Eventually the wraith will start getting stressed out and start shooting at each other. Within 2-3 hours your lefted with a space of dead wraith and a nice clean alkesh.
                            Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by talyn2k1 View Post
                              Their secondary weapons can take out a Hatak in 3 shots so they would make fairly short work of the darts.

What secondary weapon. I thought Ori ships just had the one main weapon?

Originally posted by fugiman View Post

Dude. They Swarm is Minutes away. Not Months ago

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
                              So in the end, I would choose...The alkesh. It is maneverable enough to move around and not be a single target. It has decent enough shields. It has the firepower to take out multiple ships in one volley. And the best part, you can cloak. So, basically you take out a few ships, cloak, and move to a different section and do the same. Eventually the wraith will start getting stressed out and start shooting at each other. Within 2-3 hours your lefted with a space of dead wraith and a nice clean alkesh.

It’ll be cool to see an Al’kesh go up against a few darts.

PS – Al’kesh don’t have shields.
                              Last edited by VSHARMA; 28 April 2007, 03:20 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X