• Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGA - Martha Wells: Stargate Atlantis: Engtanglement - Now Available

From Martha Wells Blog:

http://marthawells.livejournal.com/115640.html

Apr. 25th, 2007
    8:58 PM

Stargate Atlantis: Engtanglement is finally up for preorder on Amazon US here.

http://www.amazon.com/Stargate-Atlan...552482&sr=1-10

or

http://tinyurl.com/3ce8at

You can see the cover and sample first chapter on web site here.

http://www.marthawells.com/entanglement.htm

Book Description

When Dr. Rodney McKay unlocks an Ancient mystery on a distant moon, he discovers a terrifying threat to the Pegasus galaxy. Determined to disable the device before it's discovered by the Wraith, Colonel John Sheppard and his team navigate the treacherous ruins of an Ancient outpost. But attempts to destroy the technology are complicated by the arrival of a stranger.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Meh. I'll wait for Stargate Novels to have it up for order.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I get the mailings from her site. Yesterday I got an email saying this book is available at Amazon US. I looked and it is up to order. I have mine ordered.
      Last edited by Atlantis1; 26 April 2007, 06:44 PM. Reason: The cats messed up my z key.
      "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
      'Eleanor Roosevelt'
      Individuality is freedom lived.
      'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
        Meh. I'll wait for Stargate Novels to have it up for order.
        I'm with you on this one. I get great service and fast shipping and less wait time.
        sigpic

Comment

Besides, Amazon hate me for some reason. I have nothing but good experiences with SGN.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
            Besides, Amazon hate me for some reason. I have nothing but good experiences with SGN.
            I order direct from the publishers. They're a heckuva lot quicker and cheaper than amazon. A pre-order on amazon can take a long time....

http://www.stargatenovels.com/

Comment

Indeedy Prion. Now all we gotta do is wait.
              sigpic

Comment

The waiting is over!

Dear Stargate fan,

We are pleased to announce that STARGATE ATLANTIS: Entanglement has been
                published. Written by Martha Wells, it's a great Atlantis team story that
                brings them face-to-face with a mortal enemy.

The book is available now in the United States, the UK and the rest of the
                world from our website. It will also be available from book stores soon.

Visit our website for more information: www.stargatenovels.com

All the best,
                Tom
                Stargate Novels
                www.stargatenovels.com
                tom[at]stargatenovels.com

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                  I order direct from the publishers. They're a heckuva lot quicker and cheaper than amazon. A pre-order on amazon can take a long time....

http://www.stargatenovels.com/
                  Thanks for the rec prion about using the publisher! I usually use Amazon and it takes FOREVER. *goes away to order books*
                  click it...you know you want to --- you HAVE to click this!

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_lemon View Post
                    Thanks for the rec prion about using the publisher! I usually use Amazon and it takes FOREVER. *goes away to order books*

I ordered my book on Saturday morning, got an email confirmation of shipment a few hours later, and now, Tuesday evening, have the book in my hands!!!

So, yup, direct order from the publisher works well

Comment

I second the publisher recommendation! I waited four weeks last time with Amazon. I tried through stargatenovels.com this time - ordered it Friday, and it got here Monday!
                      "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                      My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Poop. I missed this. *looks at calender* Paydeck next week. Lol I'll be getting this soon!
                        sigpic

Comment

So...wow this one got a lot of reviews! So yeah, I've finally gotten around to reading this one. I'm having issues with the pace and rather lengthly chapters but it's looking interesting. Not expecting a masterpiece from this one.
                          sigpic

Comment

Okay, so I just finished this one and I'm disappointed to say that I did not enjoy it. Not all of the novels can be masterpieces, ey? My main issue with this is how slow the first half or so of the book is. I'm all for build-up but this just didn't work. The pacing was terrible, the chapter length a nightmare - don't know about you guys but I like to take "breaks" when I get to new chapters - and all these things made the novel hard to get into.

Which is a shame really considering how interesting the novel could have been. I mean...comeon! with a...
                            Spoiler:
                            gaint Quantum Mirror
                            how could things not be interesting?! Oh...well there's the fact that the plot was predictable. Which is really what kills Engtanglement. As I recently said in the Ask the Authors thread, the story is what drives these tie-ins and when a novel fails at that, the novel fails all together.

But we can't win them all. Martha's first Atlantis novel is still interesting and this can't take that away. It also didn't take away from all the other great SG novels. I can only hope that she has better luck with her next SG one.

3 out of 7 chevrons.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X