This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odyssey question #major spoilers#

In unending when Carter said something about there being anomylous readings from the hyperdrive could that be the reason for the ori being able to track it throuh hyperspace? Perhaps the connection between the hyperdrive and the asgard core is causing some kind of fault where a trackable radiation is emitted.

A very wise man once said...."Reality is an illusion created by a lack of Alcohol."

When I watched the episode thats what I got from it too. I think the Ori recognized a familiar energy signature when the Asgard put their core into the Oddysey. The Ori didn't seem to care about the Asgard until they decided to put the rest of their technology into the Oddysey so maybe they knew they were a threat. Maybe they knew the Asgard were too advanced and smart to fall into origin. so in any case the hyperdrive was putting off a different energy signature that was fixed at the end of the ep right before the oddysey would have been destroyed. im very tired and have know idea how im even lucid enough to type...
    sigpic

Comment

umm...what the guy before me said.

Also I think there is already a couple threads about this discussion.
      Last edited by monkey_man132; 25 April 2007, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravroz View Post
        In unending when Carter said something about there being anomylous readings from the hyperdrive could that be the reason for the ori being able to track it throuh hyperspace? Perhaps the connection between the hyperdrive and the asgard core is causing some kind of fault where a trackable radiation is emitted.
        yes they covered that in the episode

Comment

Originally posted by Iambob View Post
          Maybe they knew the Asgard were too advanced and smart to fall into origin..
          I think the Ori or only interested in humans for Origin as they have been capturing human worlds and the Asgard could't acsend anyway.

Two Ori ships went down to the planet after the Odessey left in order to cause some damage, so after the weaponry was installed the Ori realised the Asgard were a threat and so acted or atempted to at least.
          sigpic
          Spoiler:
          President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
          President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
          Forum Charmer
          Forum Ambassador
          Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
          VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
          VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

Originally posted by monkey_man132 View Post
            umm...what the guy before me said.

Also I think there is already a couple threads about this discussion.
            Couple is understatment
            Last edited by VSHARMA; 13 May 2007, 10:37 AM.

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

Maybe it was the combination of Tauri and Asgard technologies together emitted an unique energy together. And also, aren't the Asgard suppose to be in another galaxy, how did the Ori get there so fast.

: Green is Good.
              sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cap116 View Post
                How did the Ori get there so fast.
                Who knows how powerful the Ori Hyperdrives are, to power shields of the magnitude which Ori possess they must certainly be able to power a very fast Hyperdrive, the question is just, exactly how advanced is the Ori hyperdrives?

Comment

Originally posted by NATIK View Post
                  Who knows how powerful the Ori Hyperdrives are, to power shields of the magnitude which Ori possess they must certainly be able to power a very fast Hyperdrive, the question is just, exactly how advanced is the Ori hyperdrives?
                  I am sure that their hyperdrives are really fast, the thing that I don't understand is why they created the supergate instead of using the hyperdrive to get here. Granted the supergate is a much cooler and faster way of getting here, I am just curious why they didn't use intergalatic hyperdrives.

: Green is Good.
                  sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

How did the Ori get there so fast?
                    Well, how do you know how much time exactly did it take them to get to Orilla?
                    If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.

Comment

I am sure that their hyperdrives are really fast, the thing that I don't understand is why they created the supergate instead of using the hyperdrive to get here. Granted the supergate is a much cooler and faster way of getting here, I am just curious why they didn't use intergalatic hyperdrives.
                      As far as we know it took the Ancients thousands of years to reach our galaxy after they left their home galaxy, which is presumably now in the Ori domain. Even if we factor in slower drives and the occasional stop enroute, the Ori galaxy may still be many months or years of travel away at their top speed, thus a Supergate is a far superior method of travel especially if you are launching an assualt upon a galaxy, it gives you a foothold from which to recieve supplies and reinforcement in seconds.

The Ori also use this method of assualt when attacking planets, they send advance forces through stargate and from space if available, the assualt from space is done in three ways, the Mothership fires main cannons at enemy strongholds and defence positions, the fighters attack gain air superiority and attack smaller defence positions, groups of ground enemies and drop ring platforms used to send in ground troups in order to gain ground control.

This matter of strategi is a mirror of their space strategi using stargates and Ring platforms in the same maner as a supergate.

Comment

Working...
                      X