This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV Guide interviews Amanda Tapping

Contains some minor spoilers, so if you hate spoilers, STOP NOW!

Here's an except.There are a few more questions in the magazine itself.

From page 61 of the April 30-May 6 US TV GUIDE.

Q: What's this about Daniel Jackson becoming a Prior of the Ori?

Amanda: I could tell you but then I would have to kill you [laughs]. Poor Daniel has really been through it. He's ascended, and now he's a Prior. The Ori is a fundamentalist religious group and Daniel gets tortured into their ways. It’s a good team episode about us trying to save our friend.

Q: What can we expect in the last six TV episodes
    ?

Amanda: We gear up to wrapping the Ori story line. Its a build up to [the 2008 direct to video release, "Arc of Truth"] we're shooting now. [In] the final SG-1 episode, we're stuck in time dilation field and we grow old together. That's pretty cool.

Q: Sam Carter is joining Stargate Atlantis next season. What will her function be?
    Amanda: She comes over initially to help out with situation and then ends up being brought back as the commander. She takes Weir's place.

Originally posted by prion View Post
    Contains some minor spoilers, so if you hate spoilers, STOP NOW!
    Here's an except.There are a few more questions in the magazine itself.

From page 61 of the April 30-May 6 US TV GUIDE.

Spoiler:
    Q: What's this about Daniel Jackson becoming a Prior of the Ori?

Amanda: I could tell you but then I would have to kill you [laughs]. Poor Daniel has really been through it. He's ascended, and now he's a Prior. The Ori is a fundamentalist religious group and Daniel gets tortured into their ways. It’s a good team episode about us trying to save our friend.

Q: What can we expect in the last six TV episodes
    ?

Amanda: We gear up to wrapping the Ori story line. Its a build up to [the 2008 direct to video release, "Arc of Truth"] we're shooting now. [In] the final SG-1 episode, we're stuck in time dilation field and we grow old together. That's pretty cool.

Q: Sam Carter is joining Stargate Atlantis next season. What will her function be?
    Amanda: She comes over initially to help out with situation and then ends up being brought back as the commander. She takes Weir's place.
    You missed adding the next question...
    Spoiler:

Q: There has been some fan controversy over that.

Amanda: Whenever a character leaves that people love, its always difficult. It's completely amicable and I think the fans need to know that. There's no ill will in terms of me coming over, or Torri [Higginson] leaving.
    sigpic

Comment

Amanda: She comes over initially to help out with situation and then ends up being brought back as the commander.

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
        Spoiler:

Amanda: Whenever a character leaves that people love, its always difficult. It's completely amicable and I think the fans need to know that. There's no ill will in terms of me coming over, or Torri [Higginson] leaving.
        I know I did. That's why I said it was an excerpt

Comment

I know I did. That's why I said it was an excerpt
          I understand that, but it's an important question and answer. Those of us not in the US can't read the article, therefore I think it's a good idea to mention it in the news folder.
          sigpic

Comment

I love Amanda... what a sense of humour!

I figured she'd be taking Weir's place.... as did everyone else... but I'm glad that we have a solid source now... and some people are taking it way too hard, since Weir WILL be coming back. Sheesh.

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
              Spoiler:

Yep. That's a pretty important question and answer. Thanks for that. I don't live in the US, and have no acces to that article.
              sigpic

Comment

Well just like the wonderful Torri I will be too much of a lady to comment on this, much, I will only say this ...there is no way Carter will ever be able to replace Weir. It's like a thief taking away your gold and leaving you a worthless lead brick in it's place.
                sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
                  Well just like the wonderful Torri I will be too much of a lady to comment on this, much, I will only say this ...there is no way Carter will ever be able to replace Weir. It's like a thief taking away your gold and leaving you a worthless lead brick in it's place.
                  lol, Lead probably has more practical uses than Gold. Most of Gold's uses come from decorative uses, which are only there to look 'shiny'.

Though good work saying you won't comment on it, and then commenting on it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                    lol, Lead probably has more practical uses than Gold. Most of Gold's uses come from decorative uses, which are only there to look 'shiny'.

Though good work saying you won't comment on it, and then commenting on it anyway.
                    Excellent reply.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nekoi View Post
                      I love Amanda... what a sense of humour!

I figured she'd be taking Weir's place.... as did everyone else... but I'm glad that we have a solid source now... and some people are taking it way too hard, since Weir WILL be coming back. Sheesh.
                      Er, Weir is now a recurring character,four episodes only thus far, compared to Carter being a regular and in 14 episodes, so you should be able to understand that fans of Weir aren't that thrilled. Just think if the roles were reversed - Sam knocked down to recurring on SG1 and say, McKay took her spot. but then there's a whole thread, or six, on this topic.

Comment

It is just a turn of phrase. If you leave your job, and someone else takes over your old position, then they are often referred to as being your replacement. It doesn't mean anything other than that, and it certainly doesn't mean the person is better/being compared to the person who has left.

Amanda was asked what Carter's function would be, and she answered that.

Carter being in Atlantis will get me watching the show again. Wouldn't it have been so much better to have seen Carter and Weir together? You betcha!

Atlantis has had a lot of cast changes compared to SG1.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post

Gold is precious and rare, lead is base and common. And do you know the meaning of the word much? Or do you simply not read an entire post?
                          sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=GateGipsy;6604238]

Carter being in Atlantis will get me watching the show again.

QUOTE]

And Carter being on Atlantis has driven me away from the show.

I wonder how many new viewers will be cancelled out by the old viewers that Carter and the many changes on Atlantis have driven away? If Weir was still there in charge and if Becket was still there, I might just have kept watching, if Carter had a minor role in the odd episode. I have watched SG1 for years with her on and have managed to ignore her, so I am sure I could have done that again with Atlantis.

It seems just plain daft of tptb to drive so many of thier viewers away like this. They could have had the best of both worlds...kept the old fans and maybe attracted a few new ones like yourself.
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm so glad Ms. Tapping confirmed her role here for Atlantis - this will definitely get me to start to watch the show --- now the Teyla arc though sounds like it could really turn into a cheese-fest --- sounds too familiar to a recent arc that went down the dumper with its season 1-2 cliche-fest brethern on Stargate Command.

Comment

Working...
                              X