This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Future Ships #Spoilers#

Now that we have the entire Asgard database, energy weapons, even nicer shields, and on top of that Merlin's device, do you think they will continue to make 304s, start making O'Neills, or begin the creation of a new battlecruiser?

I personally think they should make a new 303 for nostalgia's sake, more 304s as support ships and one massive capitol ship Galactica sized. Probably won't happen though.
    http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
    The Alliance is born!!!!

and this is a spoiler how? for a second i thought you'd found out somehing new.
    Join My forum (please??)

Comment

he meant if anyones going to talk about
      Spoiler:
      season 10 final episode info

from what we know, they still know little about the new tech minus Teal'c.

If there was more seasons to come i would say we would of figured out enough to start building new ships within the mid season of season 11. We know humans know how to use asgard tech, when we built the Deady.Oddy. & Apollo. So I would say we might make a few more 303's then start building bigger and better ones that are a hybrid of asgard/tauri.

Start with the legacy class

then rebuild O'Neill class and so on.

Then rebuild the promethius just for the hell of it.
      Visit my Website

Comment

yeah building new ships and developing new technology is much easyér

thor spend a better part of a year building the database/computer core so it can be easy used and if they dont understand something the can ask the thor hologram.

if they also use the asgard way of building ships it's much easyér faster and lower costs.

unless the writers and makers of the show keep there stupid idea that we would be to powerfull.

Comment

By SGU time, I'm guessing they won't be able to keep the whole alien thing a secret from the public anymore. Who knows, maybe they'll open up a ship deign contest to the public and let them come up with a huge variety.
          sigpic

Comment

Why didn't Thor just put his mind into the hologram program, so when we get advanced enough, we could make him a new body.
            http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
            The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post

Start with the legacy class

then rebuild O'Neill class and so on.

Then rebuild the promethius just for the hell of it.
              Why would you want to build older ships like the Prommie again? O'neil class looked well cool but if the Asgard wanted us to have same, they would have given them.

Originally posted by deadman View Post
              Why didn't Thor just put his mind into the hologram program, so when we get advanced enough, we could make him a new body.
              The Asgard were trying to resolve their genetic problem for 10,000 years. I doubt that we would have been able to sort out the Asgard

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

We sorted the replicator problem, which required ouyt of the box thinking.

Comment

Plus we could destroy the replicators bugs with our weapons whilst the Asgard couldn't, maybe we are the answer to their problem - who knows?
                  sigpic
                  Spoiler:
                  President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
                  President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
                  Forum Charmer
                  Forum Ambassador
                  Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
                  VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
                  VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

I have a feeling that Thor may have, as a safegaurd uploaded a copy of his conscious in to the main core thingy. As well as other asgard's because remeber he said you will be able to interface with any asgard on record, record means that he could be in there somewhere, or fragments of him. In Reckoning thor uploaded his consciousness in to a computer then copied it in to a clone. He could have copied himself in to a harddrive somewhere on the ship, it wouldnt take up much room, he was only 5 Goauld crystels, thats like a memory stick to the Asgard..maybe a return for thor someday.
                    also there is a way to bring the Asgard back that no one had thought of, Andriods, If thor can fit in to 5 Crystels on a ship and interact with the ship directly, then he could easily fit on to some kind of new Asgard stone type device, fit that in to a newly created andriod body, think Irobot. Download his C. in to the stone and hey presto. At some point in the future they may be able to gain permission to bring back a few Asgard's from the past. Basicly i think a really cool episode would be if the loaded the PJ with hundreds of super advanced memory storage devices then flew to Othala and told all the Asgard to upload themselve in to these crystels, then go back to the future and plug them in to the Androids. Hey pretso, Asgard back in the universe.
                    Obviously when they get back we say that were keeping thier gizmos, otherwise well just go back in time and not bring them back, blackmail, its awesome

As to new ships, i think the next one will be the Legacy class, which will be like a mini oniel. The deadalus classes will be used in pegasus to fight the wraith, while the Oniels the asgard have be repossess by us and used to fight the ori in to submission.
                    sigpic
                    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                    Stargate : Genesis |
                    Original Starship DesignThread
                    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                    11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by deadman View Post
                      Now that we have the entire Asgard database, energy weapons, even nicer shields, and on top of that Merlin's device, do you think they will continue to make 304s, start making O'Neills, or begin the creation of a new battlecruiser?

I personally think they should make a new 303 for nostalgia's sake, more 304s as support ships and one massive capitol ship Galactica sized. Probably won't happen though.
                      They need ships now, don't have the luxury of wasting any resources or materials on building a tiny & vastly outdated ship.

They won't be making any O'Neills either because it's a human show, meaning they want them to have their own ship, the Asgard had a few ships in S8, so if they were ever gonna get their hands on them, why didn't the Asgard simply hand them over before they blew themselves up. Would have saved all the hassle if they were gonna build their own O'Neill class ships anyway from scratch. Look at the opening eps of Atlantis S3, they desploy the gas & take over a Hive ship. Why not do the same again & they'd have their own Hive that they could retro-fit with shields, hyperdrives etc. Allowing them to have powerful energy weapons. They have beaming tech, why not sweep in aboard a cloaked Odyssey to an unprepared Ha'tak, which doesn't detect a threat so will have it's shields down. They can beam all the Jaffa or Lucian Alliance crew off & into their brigs. They dump them at the nearest planet & bingo they have their own Ha'tak that they can being upgrading immediately.

Any ships they get will be their own, the only foreign ships I can see them owning would be Lantean warships. Although they tend to get destroyed very quickly as well.

However for answers to the Asgard database & what they will do, watch the Atlantis Mid-Season 2 parter! It involves lots of ships, technology, Carter & all the rest.

Comment

O`Neill class ships are waaay ahead of us. Plus our scientists and officers on the ships would be much more comfortable with something based on a human design which is better designed to fit our needs.

O`Neill classes are too big and it just wouldn`t be realistic having us be able to build those or even building them if we could. We`d want something with our own stamp on it.

I can see upgraded 304s coming by the end of SGA S4, but I wouldn`t expect any brand new Asgard-based ships for atleast a few years. Rushing it would just give us something like the Prometheus which will just have a series of different Asgard upgrades tacked on after construction. Its better to take our time with the design of a new ship so that it doesn`t end up like the 303.

I think we can safely expect to start seeing things like upgraded shields, hyperdrives, and matter replicators by the end of SGA S4 and low yield energy weapons by mid to late S5. Anything more than that would be stretching the relative realism of the show.

Comment

I think the energy weapons will be the first to be duplicated, or because they ahve 6 on the Oddesey, i think each of our deadal's will get 2 each, so they all have some offensive power, the power source upgraded next so they can last longer in battle. Shields and hyperdrives wil lremain the same IMO, they were already as good as they could get. It the weapons and power source that will be upgraded first.
                          The Asgard core thing, with all the knowledge base, wil lbe taken off and put in to area 51 for study, and then in a few years, maybe in line with the new stargate universe series, will be when the asgard technology really becomes a feature. With our new weapons the wraith could be dead within years, if it take 6 hits to take down an oir mother ship, the wraith hives stand no chance, they would be sliced apart like in the siege. with only about 50 hives left in the galaxy we could clear up the wraith issue in a few months, if we commited our entire fleet and upgraded them with the weapons.
                          then we could refocus back to the ori.
                          The asurians would be wiped out pretty quickly too, the asgard built the anti replicator satalites and we have one over the beta site, we oculd just tow it and wipe them out, or build new ones.
                          sigpic
                          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                          Stargate : Genesis |
                          Original Starship DesignThread
                          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                          11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by talyn2k1 View Post
                            O`Neill class ships are waaay ahead of us. Plus our scientists and officers on the ships would be much more comfortable with something based on a human design which is better designed to fit our needs.

O`Neill classes are too big and it just wouldn`t be realistic having us be able to build those or even building them if we could. We`d want something with our own stamp on it.

I can see upgraded 304s coming by the end of SGA S4, but I wouldn`t expect any brand new Asgard-based ships for atleast a few years. Rushing it would just give us something like the Prometheus which will just have a series of different Asgard upgrades tacked on after construction. Its better to take our time with the design of a new ship so that it doesn`t end up like the 303.

I think we can safely expect to start seeing things like upgraded shields, hyperdrives, and matter replicators by the end of SGA S4 and low yield energy weapons by mid to late S5. Anything more than that would be stretching the relative realism of the show.
                            I seriously doubt they'll be going for energy weapons in late S5. Atlantis will be lucky to get to S5 given the way Skiffy have began acting as of late, so they won't hang about on that front I'm pretty sure of. If they can build energy weapons in the 1st place, then low yield won't be a problem because it'll directly be drawn from their power supply. Which is probably naquadriah as standard, so probably won't have enough juice to take out an Asuran warship but should easily enough be able to cut a Wraith ship to pieces.

Hyperdrives, Shields can't be upgraded because they already have the proper versions, it's just that under standard power, it's not able to run the Asgard technology at it's full potential.

They've just introduced Apollo, they haven't given Daedalus a good run in S3, while Odyssey will still probably be around as well. So can't see them just bringing in a new ship class. The minimum for that I'd expect to be S5. Perhaps if it gets cancelled & they do the movies, then they may bring in a few of the new model to finish off the Wraith & Asurans. I think the best that can be hoped for is they bring in energy weapons & a few other perks. Which with a bit of luck should take place around mid season.

Comment

I know if I was in charge of Earth's defenses, given that the entire Asgard knowledge-base fell into my hands, I would begin production of a larger fleet of SMALLER ships.

Call them frigates or even corvettes. Much smaller than the 304 in size, but given Asgard tech, just as strong. They would require less material and resources to build, would require smaller crews, and could be built in larger numbers. They could be potentially strong enough to challenge a Ha'tak 1 on 1.

I believe such a design would make both the BC-304 and the F-302 obsolete. Without shields and energy weapons the F-302 is already obsolete. As a result, the existing 304s would change rolls and become cargo or troop transports.

Of course such a strategy is more suited if Earth was involved in a war, or had large territories to patrol in space. I suppose in a time of peace, large multipurpose ships are more suitable. But no matter what, I think logically the sizes of future ships will get smaller than the 304. With the help of advanced Asgard tech, they could pack the same punch in something smaller, cheaper, not bigger.

Comment

Working...
                              X