No announcement yet.

Teal'c/Christopher Judge Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teal'c is great. I wish I had those muscles. And the humor has been fantastic throughout the series. It's not easy writing funny lines for someone who is serious almost all of the time.

Droops

Comment

I love that time about Teal'c's depth, and he says `My depth is irrelevant to this conversation Daniel Jackson.` Sheer genius.

O'Neill is funny, but without Teal'c to bounce some of that humour off of then sg1 wouldn't be nearly so funny.

Teal'c is the rock in stargate. You can guarantee that he will always be there, solid and dependable. I think that is why he gets overlooked so often, because he is always there and is always brilliant and people just take him for granted.
      The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic - Stalin
      The viewpoint of one person is not the viewpoint of all - ShadowMaat
      Dulce et Decorum est pro patria mori - Horace
      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
      Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something - Plato
      An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi
      Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - Napoleon

Comment

Cronus - his depth in immaterial!

Madeline - completely agree! The story is metaphorically all about Teal'c...every change in his life is mirrored with the changes in the show.

I hope Chris Judge gets more of a chance to write...his stories are brilliant and are some of T's finest hours.

I'm not really bothered about the hair...It suits his character now.
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
          I'm not really bothered about the hair...It suits his character now.
          I love how he has been trying to adapt over time to life on Earth. I like how he has hair now because it always reminds me of the episode where Teal'c and O'Neill change bodies and Teal'c tries to shave O'Neill's head.

I like how his noble and honourable character seems to fit in so well in the stargate universe and it seems common place. Yet when he is in the `real world` on Earth he sticks out like a sore thumb because of what a good guy he is. We take him for granted way too much.
          The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic - Stalin
          The viewpoint of one person is not the viewpoint of all - ShadowMaat
          Dulce et Decorum est pro patria mori - Horace
          All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
          Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something - Plato
          An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi
          Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - Napoleon

Comment

Suekay--I agree about CJ's writing. Maybe because no one can understand the character quite like him, but he does a great job with Teal'c. I'd love to see mor CJ episodes.

yasureubetcha--I loved those Teal'c-Jonas scenes. The ones in Nightwalkers where they talk about humans & earth were good too. Having a new character opened up some opportunities to explore the other characters. Maybe Ben Browder's character will be good for Teal'c in the sense of someone new to interact with. I would bet Mitchell (?) will have to prove himself to T.

Comment

Has there been discussion of the "Ultimate Teal'c Episode?" Is anyone up for such a discussion? Which episodes do you think are the best Teal'c episodes and why?

Comment

I dunno, but I think Morpheus (i say think) and changeling are great.

Personally, I love Cor Ai as it delves into his darker side.

What's your favourite funny comment????

Undomesticated Equines is one of my faves
                sigpic
                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Changeling is my favourite because it's so intricate and compelling, but Threshold comes a close second. It's a pretty important Teal'c ep because CotG doesn't quite ring true without Threshold. And also he takes his shirt off and lies in some snow.

Madeleine

Comment

Changeling gets into Teal'c the person, so that's appealing. And the story is interesting. Threshold gives us a lot of background, so that's good. I agree with you Madeleine W about it really helping to explain Teal'c's decision in the first ep.

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                      Changeling is my favourite because it's so intricate and compelling, but Threshold comes a close second. It's a pretty important Teal'c ep because CotG doesn't quite ring true without Threshold. And also he takes his shirt off and lies in some snow.

Yay that is such a great Teal'c episode, and not just for the semi-naked snow bits

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                        Always an important plot development, to my mind.

Seriously though, I do think Changeling gives CJ the best chance to show a little more range while giving us some new insights into Teal'c vulnerability, heretofore barely glimpsed.

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
                          Always an important plot development, to my mind.

Seriously though, I do think Changeling gives CJ the best chance to show a little more range while giving us some new insights into Teal'c vulnerability, heretofore barely glimpsed.
                          And his heroism--doing the larvae switch thing with Bratac.

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
                            I don't like Teal'c with the hair. I also think that CJ has gain some wiat in his face I liked Teal'c better without the hair because well all those years bold and now hair Sorry for the ones that like Teal'c with hair but I don't.
                            I like him bald. he looks more egyptian that way. The hair...why?? Why???

I hope he gets to write some more eps. Maybe he'll save S9. *crosses fingers*
                            TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Another reason to like Changeling is that it was the first episode in yonks to be a Teal'c Ep without being a Jaffa / Goa'uld Ep. There really hadn't been many of those at all; New Ground and Bane spring to mind but then I get a bit stuck. Not that I have anything against Jaffa / Goa'uld eps but it's nice to see Teal'c in a totally different type of story.

Madeleine

Comment

Bane isn't one of my favorite episodes, but I do like the humor at the end with the water guns. On the serious side, he does have to face illness in a way he hasn't had to before (since his goua'uld usually takes care of that stuff)--from this experience he may have developed more sympathy for humans in this regard. And, of course, he is dealing with life and death issues.

Comment

Working...
                                X