No announcement yet.

Teal'c/Christopher Judge Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I prefer eps that focus more on Teal'c the person than Teal'c the alien/warrior
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I like the hair -

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

I have to say that I was dissapointed to find this thread at the end of the second page in this forum folder. Teal’c is a brilliant character, and deserves a lot more attention than he gets due to the other more popular discussions. However, after spending a lot of time with Skydiver in the Sam thread, I realised that there are other people who like Teal’c as much as I do.

Personally I think I liked Teal’c a lot more when he was more alien, unnacustomed to a new world, a new society. But of course, spanning the course of time of eight seasons, it is understandable that he has become more human, he now fits in better with the ways of Earth (well, sort of, in Affinity he didn’t do so well at that). While I prefer Teal’c without hair, I guess that it adds to him becoming more human.

I find that while Teal’c was always a great warrior, and there have been many episodes with him leading jaffa, lately he seems to have become, in some ways, as loyal to the rebel jaffa as he is to SG1. He has a fierce loyalty to Bra’tac, which has always helped show Teal’c’s history before joining SG1. However, watching the friendship develop between him and the other members of the team, I think that Jack, Daniel and Sam will always come first.

He and O’Niell have a wonderful partnership in battle, strategies, and genuine loyalty. There are numerous episodes which show Jack and Teal’c working side by side.

I have always loved how despite the fact that Teal’c, as first prime, was the one to choose Sha’re as a host, Daniel has always looked past that to who Teal’c really is, and I think that Teal’c and Daniel trust each other completely. Avatar was a wonderful episode to show the friendship between them.

I have always found the interaction between Sam and Teal’c brilliant. They have a wonderful friendship, and I think Teal’c tusts Sam unquestioningly. Gemini really showed this.

I think the character of Jonas gave Teal’c a great opportunity to be the alien mentor, to another alien. They had some wonderful lines together.

I also believe that Teal’c has a tremendous amount of respect for General Hammond. The same could be said about Janet, I think he showed that in Heroes 2.

Overall, Teal’c is not a shallow character. There are so many layers to him, he is a warrior, a friend, and so much more.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
          I have to say that I was dissapointed to find this thread at the end of the second page in this forum folder. Teal’c is a brilliant character, and deserves a lot more attention than he gets due to the other more popular discussions. However, after spending a lot of time with Skydiver in the Sam thread, I realised that there are other people who like Teal’c as much as I do.

Personally I think I liked Teal’c a lot more when he was more alien, unnacustomed to a new world, a new society. But of course, spanning the course of time of eight seasons, it is understandable that he has become more human, he now fits in better with the ways of Earth (well, sort of, in Affinity he didn’t do so well at that). While I prefer Teal’c without hair, I guess that it adds to him becoming more human.

I find that while Teal’c was always a great warrior, and there have been many episodes with him leading jaffa, lately he seems to have become, in some ways, as loyal to the rebel jaffa as he is to SG1. He has a fierce loyalty to Bra’tac, which has always helped show Teal’c’s history before joining SG1. However, watching the friendship develop between him and the other members of the team, I think that Jack, Daniel and Sam will always come first.

He and O’Niell have a wonderful partnership in battle, strategies, and genuine loyalty. There are numerous episodes which show Jack and Teal’c working side by side.

I have always loved how despite the fact that Teal’c, as first prime, was the one to choose Sha’re as a host, Daniel has always looked past that to who Teal’c really is, and I think that Teal’c and Daniel trust each other completely. Avatar was a wonderful episode to show the friendship between them.

I have always found the interaction between Sam and Teal’c brilliant. They have a wonderful friendship, and I think Teal’c tusts Sam unquestioningly. Gemini really showed this.

I think the character of Jonas gave Teal’c a great opportunity to be the alien mentor, to another alien. They had some wonderful lines together.

I also believe that Teal’c has a tremendous amount of respect for General Hammond. The same could be said about Janet, I think he showed that in Heroes 2.

Overall, Teal’c is not a shallow character. There are so many layers to him, he is a warrior, a friend, and so much more.
          Good post. Glad to have another Teal'c fan keeping this thread alive.

Comment

What did you all think of Teal'c in "Affinity? (Season 8)
            Spoiler:
            Did anyone else find him falling into bed with his neighbor kind of off given that he'd seemed to be in some kind of relationship with Ishta at the time?

Comment

I would just like to say that as an actor and a writer, I am most impressed with Christopher Judge. Although I have watched SG-1 since Children of the Gods, I don't think I fully appreciated Chris's acting ability, until I had the great opportunity to meet him and actually talk to him. He is a funny, fun loving, intelligent man, who happens to have the best smile I've ever seen and is a total hunk, to boot. And what did he want to talk about? His new daughter.....

I am now a total CJ fan. His role on SG-1 doesn't even hint at his real personality.

What else can I say? Nada.....I guess.
              On fighting:
              Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
              Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                I would just like to say that as an actor and a writer, I am most impressed with Christopher Judge. Although I have watched SG-1 since Children of the Gods, I don't think I fully appreciated Chris's acting ability, until I had the great opportunity to meet him and actually talk to him. He is a funny, fun loving, intelligent man, who happens to have the best smile I've ever seen and is a total hunk, to boot. And what did he want to talk about? His new daughter.....

I am now a total CJ fan. His role on SG-1 doesn't even hint at his real personality.

What else can I say? Nada.....I guess.
                I'm so jealous. When did you meet him? Do share.

Comment

I met Chris in Vancouver, at the Con. I just seemed to be everywhere he was. We talked for a bit at the Grill (can't remember the name), just before the Desert Party, and then I was lucky enough to be seated at one of the 2 tables he and MS and TR actually sat at, during the party. He sat next to me and we continued our conversation. He is really a proud father and was excited that the next day, his son would be having his 15th birthday and his daughter and her mom, would be having a baby shower, with Amanda and Olivia. I had to keep reminding myself that this was "Teal'C", the actor I had been watching for 8 years. He was so funny and so easy to talk to. (I even got a sip of his Heineken). Wish I had kept the darn bottle.
                  On fighting:

Comment

Cool! In interviews he seems really down to earth and as if he has a great sense of humor. That laugh is contagious. Did MS talk to you too?

Comment

chris is so different from teal'c. which does make me appreciate him as an actor.

teal'c, teal'c is such a great character. if you look at it one way, stargate can be seen as his show. he's gone from slave to freedom fighter/rebel to leader and near 'king'

he's also a very caring character. you can see it in his eyes, his intelligence and humor...that he keeps fiercely in control
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Great thread

I had no idea CJ had done any writing for the show until I watched "The Changeling" and saw his name in the credits. That was a particularly well-written and well-acted episode.
                        I'd start a revolution if I could get up in the morning.

Comment

Chris Judge comes across as a wonderful person. His writing's great, his acting's top notch.

I think that's so sweet that he and Amanda had a joint baby shower!

What's his new baby's name? I think it was a girl was it not?

Remember to rate this thread!
                          sigpic
                          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by CatGoddess
                            Great thread

I had no idea CJ had done any writing for the show until I watched "The Changeling" and saw his name in the credits. That was a particularly well-written and well-acted episode.
                            I think CJ is a wonderful actor and i love his character.
                            Now i learn that he is also a writer???
                            very cool
                            "The Changeling", in which season its appear?

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                              Chris Judge comes across as a wonderful person. His writing's great, his acting's top notch.

I think that's so sweet that he and Amanda had a joint baby shower!

What's his new baby's name? I think it was a girl was it not?

Remember to rate this thread!
                              His 2 month old little girl is name Chloe.
                              On fighting:

Comment

Originally posted by valaCB
                                I think CJ is a wonderful actor and i love his character.
                                Now i learn that he is also a writer???
                                very cool
                                "The Changeling", in which season its appear?
                                It's toward the end of season 6.

Here's the episode info as posted on Gateworld: http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s6/619.shtml
                                I'd start a revolution if I could get up in the morning.

Comment

Working...
                                X