• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baal Clones

How many if any are left?

Unknown.
    Spoiler:
    We killed several of them in Unending but at the end it is stated that there might be a few left and we know that he will be in the second SG-1 movie continuium.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Yea, they said we might not have killed them all, plus the Jaffa in his Ha'tak could just use a sarcophagus to revive him. Silly Jaffa.

Comment

Originally posted by jon_plaskett View Post
        Hopefully none. The writers have done a particularly poor job of keeping guys that have been around for thousands of years alive, and turning Baal into Kenny from South Park didn't help.

Baal should be a lot more menacing if he can keep his own dumb body alive.
        I will rule the world... and find that truly good cup of coffee.

Comment

What is with this "we" talk?

Spoilers for 10-19 "Dominion"
          Spoiler:
          In the penultimate episode, Ba'al kills most of his clones. One of the Ba'al clones is implanted in Adria, but that Ba'al eventually dies when SG-1 have the Tok'ra try to remove it. By the end of the episode, it's reported that there may still be one Ba'al alive, and where there's one, there's more.

Ba'al will return in the movie Stargate: Continuum which could very well see the end of Ba'al.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
            What is with this "we" talk?

Spoilers for 10-19 "Dominion"
            Spoiler:
            In the penultimate episode, Ba'al kills most of his clones. One of the Ba'al clones is implanted in Adria, but that Ba'al eventually dies when SG-1 have the Tok'ra try to remove it. By the end of the episode, it's reported that there may still be one Ba'al alive, and where there's one, there's more.

Ba'al will return in the movie Stargate: Continuum which could very well see the end of Ba'al.
            I hope not, I want to see him again if the movies do well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
              Wouldn't that be the point of wasting a whole entire movie on his storyline.....To finally finish him off after all this time!

I think it'd be incredibly, incredibly dumbt to devote a movie to Ba'al, where he suddenly escapes at the end of the movie again. It's been done so many times now, it's more of a joke than anything else.

It was bad enough devoting storylines to it in SG-1, but they only have 2 movies a year now to tell their stories. Ba'al & his clones, with one escaping to live another year has no uniqueness about it any longer!

He escapes, how on Earth can you follow up on that, waste another movie's budget on them hunting him down in one of next year's films. Somehow I think not! The 2 movies are too precious to be wasted on garbage storylines that they've already covered numerous times in the tv series.

At the end of this movie, he has to be finally gone for good! As a character & story arc, he's vastly outstayed his welcome after S8 finished.

I'd rather they wasted the movie storylines on unique plots such as the aliens from 'Grace', 'Aschen', 'Furlings' etc, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by jon_plaskett View Post
                I'd say at least a couple. Ba'al is one crafty Goa'uld.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                  Ba'al's been fun, but after 15 episodes, his character has been played out. Continuum should bring Ba'al's story to a close, and a time travel plot is a great way to do it. I would say Ba'al is O'Neill's nemesis, so it's fitting that they're in the same movie. I sincerely hope the climax features O'Neill and Ba'al duking it out.

Comment

Not sure how many are left however there must be at least one seeing as hes in continuum

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post
                      Wouldn't that be the point of wasting a whole entire movie on his storyline.....To finally finish him off after all this time!

I think it'd be incredibly, incredibly dumbt to devote a movie to Ba'al, where he suddenly escapes at the end of the movie again. It's been done so many times now, it's more of a joke than anything else.

It was bad enough devoting storylines to it in SG-1, but they only have 2 movies a year now to tell their stories. Ba'al & his clones, with one escaping to live another year has no uniqueness about it any longer!

He escapes, how on Earth can you follow up on that, waste another movie's budget on them hunting him down in one of next year's films. Somehow I think not! The 2 movies are too precious to be wasted on garbage storylines that they've already covered numerous times in the tv series.

At the end of this movie, he has to be finally gone for good! As a character & story arc, he's vastly outstayed his welcome after S8 finished.

I'd rather they wasted the movie storylines on unique plots such as the aliens from 'Grace', 'Aschen', 'Furlings' etc, etc.
                      True but I just so love the character I don't want him to go.

Comment

Working...
                      X