X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calculating the Wraith Feeding Rate of Change [Experiment]

Hi everyone!

I'm doing a statistics exam on Monday and thought of a funny thing to do while taking a little break.

I want to calculate the "Wraith Feeding Rate of Change."

I know there is a direct correlation to weight of people to the amount of life force a wraith can take.

For instance:
    In the episode Common Ground, we see that the Fat Genii soldier aged slower than the skinny Genii soldier, when the Wraith zapped both of them at once. It gave me the idea that the fat people is plentiful to the wraith than skinny people. (Like Fat chickens is way tastier and filling than skinny chickens).

I was hoping to get help from Stargate Fans.

Lets calculate and determine if theres a correlation and how much of a correlation to wraith feeding.

1) Find all episodes where the Wraith ate someone, where we see they are living, to when they are zapped. That way we can estimate an age (before / after they got zapped).

2) Determine whether mass of a person is a factor from the time it took them to zap them completely.

Whenever I see obese people in my community, it gives me pleasure to know that if there is Wraith in our REAL universe, that they would be the first people to get zapped!
    Subspace Energy Technology Thread
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

Originally posted by McSwift View Post
    Hi everyone!

I'm doing a statistics exam on Monday and thought of a funny thing to do while taking a little break.

I want to calculate the "Wraith Feeding Rate of Change."

I know there is a direct correlation to weight of people to the amount of life force a wraith can take.

For instance:
    In the episode Common Ground, we see that the Fat Genii soldier aged slower than the skinny Genii soldier, when the Wraith zapped both of them at once. It gave me the idea that the fat people is plentiful to the wraith than skinny people. (Like Fat chickens is way tastier and filling than skinny chickens).

I was hoping to get help from Stargate Fans.

Lets calculate and determine if theres a correlation and how much of a correlation to wraith feeding.

1) Find all episodes where the Wraith ate someone, where we see they are living, to when they are zapped. That way we can estimate an age (before / after they got zapped).

2) Determine whether mass of a person is a factor from the time it took them to zap them completely.

Whenever I see obese people in my community, it gives me pleasure to know that if there is Wraith in our REAL universe, that they would be the first people to get zapped!
    There's not many episodes where you see the wraith eating people. Your best bets, however, are probably Season 1, and Season 2. There haven't been many wraith episodes in season 3.

You might have to make some educated guesses, however, as it's impossible to determine exact weights of the victims involved. If you really want to get technical, consider the body mass ratios relating to body fat versus height or weight. You also need to consider the rate at which the wraith draws the life force, as well as the rate the wraith metabolizes the life force. Consider also that certain wraiths may draw life force at slightly different rates or the rate may change depending on ¨how hungry¨a wraith is. Good luck with your project.

Comment

I don't know whether its "mental" energy, because someone has a strong will they would have more energy or whether its a physical thing. I don't think fat people have more energy.

I think it all has to do with will power of the person being fed on.
      Visit my Website

Comment

I thought Wraith only had the life-sucker on their right hand, so there's no way that the Wraith from "Common Ground" could have simultaneously fed off both Genii soldiers.
        All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
          I thought Wraith only had the life-sucker on their right hand, so there's no way that the Wraith from "Common Ground" could have simultaneously fed off both Genii soldiers.
          Nope. I seen it. In that episode when the Wraith took the fat guy and skinny Genii soldier down. He grabbed them first, and then pinched down on both of them. They both looked scared shiatless. And that the fat guy looked like he was being zapped because he was REALLY shook!
          Subspace Energy Technology Thread
          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

Comment

Originally posted by McSwift View Post
            Nope. I seen it. In that episode when the Wraith took the fat guy and skinny Genii soldier down. He grabbed them first, and then pinched down on both of them. They both looked scared shiatless. And that the fat guy looked like he was being zapped because he was REALLY shook!
            The wraith only have the life sucker on there right hand. the Genii soldier on the right was clearly in pain and ageing. The Genii soldier on the left looked shock however he wasn't ageing nor in pain. He looked shock cause he knew he was going to be next, wouldn't you be scared?
            Jacta Alea Est

My Space

My art

X5-752

Comment

I don't think we really know if it is on both hands and i bet the life force of a person getting ''eaten'' would have to weigh in big with the eating. Like ppl that don't really care if they are going to die i don't think they would last that long cause instead of fighting the death they would accept it, the best person i can think of to fight it would be a coma patient cause they had to fight to wake up.
              sigpic

Comment

I believe that it's only the one hand that can be used to feed.

A good example would be in 'Rising' and how the Queen had the metal finger cover on just one hand but not the other, and we were told by Andi Frizzell that the glove was there to protect the Queens method of feeding.

In 'Common Gound', when the Wraith was feeding, he was using the same hand the Queen had protection for to feed when he had both Genii pinned. When he gave Sheppard his life back, same had was used. So I think it's fairly conclusive they do feed with just one hand, and it's just their right one. Even Ford was fed on with that hand and it seemed that the same hand was going to be fed on with it as well.

--

I don't think there is a rate on how people being fed upon as it seems to be really depend on story. Some will be fed on faster than others if they need it to happen. I do think it is possible that larger people (overweight or just taller people with a bigger body structure) may have less of an effect when it comes to how they look, but I don't see why the Wraith would change their rate of feeding.

It's possible that whatever the Wraith absorb from the body is always taken at the same constant rate, but larger people could have more of the proteins, nutrients and fluids it in their system so the aging effect seems slower.

So it's not a matter of a rate change, but the person being fed upon having more of what the Wraith need so the aging doesn't seem to have an effect until they've less than they need.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X