PDA

View Full Version : The Pro Season 5 Thread

Mitchell82
April 19th, 2007, 09:14 AM
I know it's a bit early to start talking about this with season 3 just now coming back to the states, but it's likely with the "year round programming" that the entire season of season 4 will be done by air date, so if it's to be (god I hope so) who here wants it?!

Trek_Girl42
April 19th, 2007, 09:16 AM
:jack_new_anime07: I long for many more years of Atlantis, as the show has been steadily growing/improving over it's run, and was good to begin with. :D

ussrelativity
April 19th, 2007, 09:28 AM
Sure, it's early to talk about a potential Season 5, with what SCIFI has done to us. And yes, I would want a Season 5, given with how Season 4 seems to be shaping up.

Mitchell82
April 19th, 2007, 10:34 AM
Sure, it's early to talk about a potential Season 5, with what SCIFI has done to us. And yes, I would want a Season 5, given with how Season 4 seems to be shaping up.

It is early but, the more we talk about it the quicker the news gets out about supporting this show.

ussrelativity
April 19th, 2007, 10:36 AM
It is early but, the more we talk about it the quicker the news gets out about supporting this show.

Well said. I only wish I still had access to the design programs I used to make some of my artworks on.

Trek_Girl42
April 19th, 2007, 10:36 AM
Well, not really, but.....the sentiment is always good. :sheppard: :mckay: :weir: :ronan: :teyla:

ussrelativity
April 19th, 2007, 10:38 AM
Well, not really, but.....the sentiment is always good. :sheppard: :mckay: :weir: :ronan: :teyla:

It would be wise to have stronger external advertising, meaning that on other networks, and other places across the Internet to attract more people to the shows.

Mitchell82
April 19th, 2007, 10:39 AM
It would be wise to have stronger external advertising, meaning that on other networks, and other places across the Internet to attract more people to the shows.

Be nice but not going to happen with scifi being "selfish' to SG.

Mitchell82
April 19th, 2007, 10:39 AM

Not really what?

Trek_Girl42
April 19th, 2007, 10:40 AM
Advertiseing on other networks= exactly what they need!!! But I don't think extra internet advertising would do any good.

Falcon Horus
I'd love there to be a season 5... and many more seasons after that.

But I don't want them to rehash old SG1-stories to do it.

ussrelativity
Be nice but not going to happen with scifi being "selfish' to SG.

It was a surprise to see that they renewed BSG for a 13-episode season after the severe drop in ratings, and later on increase the amount to 22! I only wish they were more respectful to the Stargate franchise.

Mitchell82
April 19th, 2007, 10:41 AM
It was a surprise to see that they renewed BSG for a 13-episode season after the severe drop in ratings, and later on increase the amount to 22! I only wish they were more respectful to the Stargate franchise.

*sigh* me too.

ussrelativity
April 19th, 2007, 10:42 AM
*sigh* me too.

That's what a lot of us are feeling.

____

Yippee! 1400 posts!!!

Trek_Girl42
April 19th, 2007, 10:44 AM
I'd love there to be a season 5... and many more seasons after that.

But I don't want them to rehash old SG1-stories to do it.
I agree- if they just re-hash SG-1, there really is no point.

ussrelativity
April 19th, 2007, 10:45 AM
I agree- if they just re-hash SG-1, there really is no point.

Agreed. Rehashes are what turn away the hardcore fan base.

Mitchell82
April 19th, 2007, 10:46 AM
Agreed. Rehashes are what turn away the hardcore fan base.

Agreed. Too many reahases will be a bad thing.

ussrelativity
April 19th, 2007, 10:48 AM
Agreed. Too many reahases will be a bad thing.

Taking into account of that, I have been also trying to improve my fanfics to avoid creating rehashes of used up plotlines. Feel free to take a look at my fanfics in my sig.

Isn't it also interesting how fast we are replying to each others' posts right now?

Trek_Girl42
April 19th, 2007, 10:50 AM
This happened because a) They are going to make a ton of money off the DVDs making it a worthwhile investment even if the ratings aren't very good. b) They desperately need to have at least one critically acclaimed/respected show on the channel- right now BSG is the only show on SCI-FI getting that attention, and as much as we'd like it so, Atlantis never will. c) They're going to want to keep a talent like RDM happy at the channel, which means letting him finish the show on his terms- he's worth a great deal to them in the long run if they can get him to produce another show for them.

Unfortunately the gates don't have these bargaining chips, and are basically stuck with following whatever SCI-FI decides. :(

Mitchell82
April 19th, 2007, 10:51 AM
Taking into account of that, I have been also trying to improve my fanfics to avoid creating rehashes of used up plotlines. Feel free to take a look at my fanfics in my sig.

Isn't it also interesting how fast we are replying to each others' posts right now?

Yeah it is. Guess I created a hot topic eh?

Trek_Girl42
April 19th, 2007, 10:51 AM
Yeah it is. Guess I created a hot topic eh?
Of course! :D

ussrelativity
April 19th, 2007, 10:52 AM
^ You're probably right.

Still, to just ignore Stargate is an insult, but I don't need to keep repeating it.

Mitchell82
April 19th, 2007, 10:54 AM
^ You're probably right.

Still, to just ignore Stargate is an insult, but I don't need to keep repeating it.

LOL Indeed it is.

Mitchell82
April 22nd, 2007, 02:30 PM
After watching First Strike again SGA really needs more than one more seasons. This show still has many more stories to tell.

prion
April 22nd, 2007, 04:33 PM
If we still have the characters/actors (and don't keep losing 'em), if the storylines are good (and not old ones rewritten), sure, I'm game for season 5.

Trek_Girl42
April 22nd, 2007, 06:45 PM
If we still have the characters/actors (and don't keep losing 'em), if the storylines are good (and not old ones rewritten), sure, I'm game for season 5.
:indeed:

There's no reason not to continue the show- I think it's proven that it has legs and can go on without SG-1. And I think we'd all suffer horribly if we lost both SG-1 AND Atlantis within a year of each other. :S

Mitchell82
April 22nd, 2007, 06:53 PM
:indeed:

There's no reason not to continue the show- I think it's proven that it has legs and can go on without SG-1. And I think we'd all suffer horribly if we lost both SG-1 AND Atlantis within a year of each other. :S

Agreed I think it can indeed survive without SG-1 though we all would suffer if we lost both in so short a time span.

Trek_Girl42
April 22nd, 2007, 07:05 PM
Agreed I think it can indeed survive without SG-1 though we all would suffer if we lost both in so short a time span.
And considering that there will only be one or two more seasons of BSG, I think there would be quite the void of good sci-fi. :S

Actually, BSG only running one or two more seasons could play very favourabley towards Atlantis getting renewed. SCI-FI is going to need a well-established show once it's gone, and as of now, Atlantis is really the only show that could take that position. :)

Dark Falcon
April 22nd, 2007, 08:25 PM
I can't wait until season 5 airs on SCI FI. Wait a second, isn't the 5th season when Atlantis will reach its 100th episode? I wonder how funny Atlantis' 100th episode will be... Maybe the stars of Stargate Atlantis will just improvise some humorous lines and save Robert C. Cooper the trouble of writing all the lines.

:sheppard: :teyla: :ronan: :weir: :ford: :mckay: :beckett:

ACharmedAsgard
April 23rd, 2007, 05:37 AM
pro - Season 5, Pro - Universe, Pro - stargate

Vespasianus
April 23rd, 2007, 06:22 AM
I can't wait until season 5 airs on SCI FI. Wait a second, isn't the 5th season when Atlantis will reach its 100th episode? I wonder how funny Atlantis' 100th episode will be... Maybe the stars of Stargate Atlantis will just improvise some humorous lines and save Robert C. Cooper the trouble of writing all the lines.

:sheppard: :teyla: :ronan: :weir: :ford: :mckay: :beckett:I hope it'll be a serious episode. I hated SG-1's Wormhole Xtreme and 200.

Atlantis's 100th ep will possibly be the last episode, so no joking around. Really. :)

By the way, I'm a totally Pro.

Linzi
April 23rd, 2007, 06:23 AM
I'd like a season 5, for sure. I can't imagine not seeing new episodes on my tv! I'm feeling excited about season 4, so I'm hopeful there'll be a season 5. :)

Alan
April 23rd, 2007, 06:42 AM
Definitely want more Stargate: Atlantis! Absolutely! As long as it keeps going, the franchise keeps going.

When Season 5 starts for Atlantis in 2008, Stargate: Universe should have started up by then too, so I'd like to maybe see some sort of connection between the series as was done between SG-1's 8th Season and Atlantis' 1st Season. If Atlantis (and maybe even SG-1) could play any kind of part in Universe's pilot episode or any future episodes then I'm all for it.

Commander Ivanova
April 23rd, 2007, 06:46 AM
I wonder how funny Atlantis' 100th episode will be... Maybe the stars of Stargate Atlantis will just improvise some humorous lines and save Robert C. Cooper the trouble of writing all the lines.

They should just get Hewlett to write it. The man is a genius in real life, after all. :D

Trek_Girl42
April 23rd, 2007, 10:24 AM
They should just get Hewlett to write it. The man is a genius in real life, after all. :D
Hehe, yes, if Atlantis ever does a comedy episode, Hewlett definitely should have a role in the writing process, funny guy. :mckay:

Dr Weir
April 23rd, 2007, 12:44 PM
I'm not happy with the direction Atlantis is going with:

Beckitt's death, decrease of wraith and bad wraith plots and the reduced role of Elizabeth in the future

So no I don't want a season 5.

Falcon Horus
April 23rd, 2007, 01:44 PM
I'm not happy with the direction Atlantis is going with:

Beckitt's death, decrease of wraith and bad wraith plots and the reduced role of Elizabeth in the future

So no I don't want a season 5.

Err...this is a Pro-season 5 thread. If you don't want one, then I suggest you take your complaints to the Anti-season 5 thread (I don't think it exists yet). ;)

And totally OT -> Nightwish rocks!

Dr Weir
April 23rd, 2007, 02:20 PM
Err...this is a Pro-season 5 thread. If you don't want one, then I suggest you take your complaints to the Anti-season 5 thread (I don't think it exists yet). ;)

And totally OT -> Nightwish rocks!
Was the name changed? I thought it was called something like who wants season 5? :S

Falcon Horus
April 23rd, 2007, 02:29 PM
Was the name changed? I thought it was called something like who wants season 5? :S

Oh, I don't know about that but there is the Season 5 To Be Or Not To Be-thread (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=43272).

Mitchell82
April 23rd, 2007, 07:42 PM
As much as I want a season 5, I've got to say I am less than sure now. The ratings took a much bigger hit than I expected. If this trend continues...... Scifi really messed up but I'm affraid if they now realize it, it's too little too late. The ratings for the second half of season 3 are going to be a huge factor in weather or not to renew it. I sure hope it does but if the ratings hit continues.....:mckay:

shadow-of-atlantis
April 24th, 2007, 09:12 AM
SciFi will be the death for SGA, too. They are doing everything to harm the series, instead of pushing it up with commercials and all of that other advertising stuff.

I really do hope, that there will be a fifth season and a lot mores. But then I want them to let Carson/Paul and Elizabeth/Torri return. They are part of the team, and they should always be part of the team.

Perhaps the fans should take more actions to make Stargate more popular again, fansites, etc. Just a suggestion for a possible solution. But if SciFi doesn't care about one of it's hit series, the fans should care even more about SGA. We know what aims the fans can reach...

But I still have the hope that there will be at least a fifth season for SGA.

ussrelativity
April 24th, 2007, 09:15 AM
More and more my anger is directed towards NBC/Universal. I believe I heard somewhere that the network is pushing towards more original generated shows from NBC/Universal and it is appearing to attempt to sabotage other shows. That's just my opinion on that, but I'm not so much mad towards SCIFI now, rather with NBC/Universal. How can one company have that much power? I say "Bust The Trusts!"

shadow-of-atlantis
April 24th, 2007, 09:44 AM
Yes, I heard that, too. And I totally agree with you. One single company shouldn't be that powerful. And should be fair and give the other series their chances.
But SciFi did their mistakes and NBC/Universal did their mistakes, and will always do their mistakes I think.
They should realize to use the series with good potential and introduce their own series to other times instead of kicking the hit series wiht everything they have. Sooner or later they will ruin their own series with the good series side by side.

But I am still optimistic for a fifth season. I think they want to reach the 100th episode to get another record. And perhaps the season 4 ratings will be more acceptable than the season 3 ratings now.

ussrelativity
April 24th, 2007, 09:47 AM
^Provided that SCIFI airs the first half of Season 4 first. Otherwise, the ratings will be crippled probably beyond repair.

shadow-of-atlantis
April 24th, 2007, 09:52 AM
Right, thats one of their mistakes they did. They need to show the episodes first and without a break of months.

ussrelativity
April 24th, 2007, 09:54 AM
Right, thats one of their mistakes they did. They need to show the episodes first and without a break of months.

Also, if there is to be another mid-season break, (which there obviously will be), is to make sure that the network airs the episodes first before anywhere else.

Platschu
April 24th, 2007, 10:14 AM
Would you like to see Atlantis DVD films, when they won't order season 5? I fear that the rating will be worse, so maybe the SciFi will cancel Atlantis after season 4. In that sad case I hope they will make at least 5-6-7 or more DVD films (= 10-14+ episode). Bigger budget, better stories, more special effects. And finally they can stay independent from SciFi Channel. ;)

MmmmMcKAy
April 24th, 2007, 10:17 AM
I fell instantly in love with this show about a month and a half ago(randomly rented Season 1 and that was it for me;) ). I can't get enough so I'm all for a Season 5 as long as the quality remains high.

ussrelativity
April 24th, 2007, 10:18 AM
Would you like to see Atlantis DVD films, when they won't order season 5? I fear that the rating will be worse, so maybe the SciFi will cancel Atlantis after season 4. In that sad case I hope they will make at least 5-6-7 or more DVD films (= 10-14+ episode). Bigger budget, better stories, more special effects. And finally they can stay independent from SciFi Channel. ;)

I'd like to see a good sized series of films made.

Trek_Girl42
April 24th, 2007, 10:48 AM
More and more my anger is directed towards NBC/Universal. I believe I heard somewhere that the network is pushing towards more original generated shows from NBC/Universal and it is appearing to attempt to sabotage other shows. That's just my opinion on that, but I'm not so much mad towards SCIFI now, rather with NBC/Universal. How can one company have that much power? I say "Bust The Trusts!"
Of course NBC/Universal doesn't give a crap about the Stargate franchise- they make no money from it! But I think the word "sabatage" is harsh and inadequite. They're not "sabataging" Stargate, they're putting their effort into the shows that they own, and that they make money off of. They're not going to sabatage Stargate, if it could bring in advertising revenue, then they'll keep it, money is money. Problem is when you have a set budget for advertising these shows, you're going to advertise the show that you own, in hopes that it takes off, and results in DVD sales as well as ad revenue. They run a business, and they're going to follow the model that gets them the $$$, and I can't blame them for that. Sure they could treat Stargate better, but look at it from their perspective.

Mitchell82
April 24th, 2007, 10:51 AM
Yes, I heard that, too. And I totally agree with you. One single company shouldn't be that powerful. And should be fair and give the other series their chances.
But SciFi did their mistakes and NBC/Universal did their mistakes, and will always do their mistakes I think.
They should realize to use the series with good potential and introduce their own series to other times instead of kicking the hit series wiht everything they have. Sooner or later they will ruin their own series with the good series side by side.

But I am still optimistic for a fifth season. I think they want to reach the 100th episode to get another record. And perhaps the season 4 ratings will be more acceptable than the season 3 ratings now.
I once shared your optimisim but mine is fading fast. NBC/Universal and sicifi are sabotaging their show plain and simple. If the ratings continue to fall, which at this point I expect, season 4 will be it. I hope we get a fifth season, who knows mabey the ratings will climb.

ussrelativity
April 24th, 2007, 10:55 AM
I'd be nice to have a Season 5 made directly for DVD, but it would be extremely difficult. To make up the revenues spent would be very, very hard. If each set was sold for $40, coupled with 1 million sets being sold, that would roughly make up the costs for production.

Mitchell82
April 24th, 2007, 11:24 AM
Of course NBC/Universal doesn't give a crap about the Stargate franchise- they make no money from it! But I think the word "sabatage" is harsh and inadequite. They're not "sabataging" Stargate, they're putting their effort into the shows that they own, and that they make money off of. They're not going to sabatage Stargate, if it could bring in advertising revenue, then they'll keep it, money is money. Problem is when you have a set budget for advertising these shows, you're going to advertise the show that you own, in hopes that it takes off, and results in DVD sales as well as ad revenue. They run a business, and they're going to follow the model that gets them the $$$, and I can't blame them for that. Sure they could treat Stargate better, but look at it from their perspective.

I can see it from their perspective but it doesnt make me feel any better.

ussrelativity
April 24th, 2007, 11:26 AM
I can see it from their perspective but it doesnt make me feel any better.

Me neither.

ACharmedAsgard
April 24th, 2007, 05:00 PM
YEY Season 5!

Mitchell82
April 24th, 2007, 05:21 PM
YEY Season 5!

Lets cross our fingers that the ratings rise and scifi realizes just how bad they fraked up!

ACharmedAsgard
April 25th, 2007, 03:12 AM
and lets hope Sci fi don't get rid of it because of the same ratings!

Mitchell82
April 25th, 2007, 05:43 PM
and lets hope Sci fi don't get rid of it because of the same ratings!

Since it was their fault they shouldnt so I will try to reamain optimistic about more seasons but at this time I think we should take it one ep at a time and enjoy it while we got it.

the fifth man
April 25th, 2007, 08:53 PM
Since it was their fault they shouldnt so I will try to reamain optimistic about more seasons but at this time I think we should take it one ep at a time and enjoy it while we got it.

I totally agree with you there. That's how I plan to enjoy all of Season 4. One episode at a time, savoring them all. If Season 4 is the last SGA season, I'll have to accept that. I sure hope it isn't though.

Lauriel
April 26th, 2007, 05:33 AM
I love SGA, so I'm all for a season 5! As long as it keeps going, I'll keep watching and enjoying it. :D

As much as I want a season 5, I've got to say I am less than sure now. The ratings took a much bigger hit than I expected. If this trend continues...... Scifi really messed up but I'm affraid if they now realize it, it's too little too late. The ratings for the second half of season 3 are going to be a huge factor in weather or not to renew it. I sure hope it does but if the ratings hit continues.....:mckay:
SGA is moving from strength to strength in latter s3, and s4 is looking like it will top s3. So hopefully the ratings will pick up and stay strong. From what I understand, they won't make a decision on s5 until they see how the first few eps of s4 rate, so have faith, and we'll hope for the best.

ussrelativity
April 26th, 2007, 07:10 AM
With a lot of determination, it can happen.

Mitchell82
April 26th, 2007, 10:09 AM
I love SGA, so I'm all for a season 5! As long as it keeps going, I'll keep watching and enjoying it. :D

SGA is moving from strength to strength in latter s3, and s4 is looking like it will top s3. So hopefully the ratings will pick up and stay strong. From what I understand, they won't make a decision on s5 until they see how the first few eps of s4 rate, so have faith, and we'll hope for the best.

I hope so too.

Mitchell82
April 26th, 2007, 10:10 AM
With a lot of determination, it can happen.

*turns into a little train* I think I can, I think I can......:D ;)

ussrelativity
April 26th, 2007, 11:04 AM
*turns into a little train* I think I can, I think I can......:D ;)

Just be sure Major Payne doesn't tell the story..................... :D

Mitchell82
April 26th, 2007, 12:13 PM
Just be sure Major Payne doesn't tell the story..................... :D

LOL!

ussrelativity
April 26th, 2007, 12:17 PM
LOL!

You actually got that joke? Yipeee!!!

Mitchell82
April 26th, 2007, 05:57 PM
I really hope we get a season 5 if just so they can find a way to bring Koyla back. Speaking of which anyone ever realize he was in die hard?

Lauriel
April 27th, 2007, 04:47 AM
I really hope we get a season 5 if just so they can find a way to bring Koyla back. Speaking of which anyone ever realize he was in die hard?

You're kidding?! I've seen that movie tons of times and never spotted it. Well done!

Regarding Kolya
JM said in his blog there was a possibility of Robert Davi/Kolya returning.

Zabadoo writes: “Is Dan Shea going to move over to Atlantis now that SG-1 is gone? Will we ever see anymore of Kolya?”

Answer: Siler will not be making the move to Atlantis but will be putting in an appearance in Continuum. As for Kolya…stranger things have happened.So don't give up hope yet. You know what they say about people dying in scifi. :D

ussrelativity
April 27th, 2007, 06:52 AM
I hope Kolya does come back.

Lauriel
April 27th, 2007, 07:00 AM
I hope Kolya does come back.

Me too. I could be persuaded to close my eyes and pretend Irresponsible never happened. :D At the very least, I could accept all manner of shoddy excuses as to why Kolya's back, just to delete that shootout scene and have a bloody decent resolution.

vaberella
April 27th, 2007, 08:00 AM
Me too. I could be persuaded to close my eyes and pretend Irresponsible never happened. :D At the very least, I could accept all manner of shoddy excuses as to why Kolya's back, just to delete that shootout scene and have a bloody decent resolution.

I totally agree with you Lauriel. I didn't find Irresponsible to be an ep to hold anything special in it that we have to remember in previous seasons or eps. Taht being said, it can be taken out of my memory quite easily. Just to bring back Kolya and give him, if he needs to die, a spectacular death.

Team SG-1*save the show*
April 27th, 2007, 08:03 AM
i'm Pro season 5!!!!! :D

can't wait for season 4 to start. i hope we see ford again and we will be seeing beckett too.

BeckettRulez
April 27th, 2007, 08:14 AM
... i hope we see ford again and we will be seeing beckett too.

I miss Beckett, hope he comes back soon. Hope he will be back completely in season 5.

ussrelativity
April 27th, 2007, 08:26 AM
I miss Beckett, hope he comes back soon. Hope he will be back completely in season 5.

Can't disagree with that. :beckett:

Kinky_Carter
April 27th, 2007, 11:03 AM
Can't disagree with that. :beckett:

I hear that if the US reacts strongly enough to losing Beckett they'll bring him back to stay in Season 5, because they are already bringing him back for some season 4 episodes, actually him in the flesh. I'd like to see how he comes back from the dead.

ACharmedAsgard
April 27th, 2007, 11:22 AM
bringing him back from the dead will lose the meaning fullness of his death. I want a becketts less season 5

Platschu
April 27th, 2007, 11:24 AM
I miss Kolya, but he is dead. There are so many other races, characters, who should return for at least one episode. ;)

Kinky_Carter
April 27th, 2007, 11:36 AM
I miss Kolya, but he is dead. There are so many other races, characters, who should return for at least one episode. ;)

Like Grodin!

Platschu
April 27th, 2007, 11:53 AM
If we count only with Atlantis, there is a sort list:

- Halling
- Bates
- Ford
- Dr. Biro
- Dr. Katie Brown
- Dr. Kavanagh
- Janus, Chaya, Melia, Aiyana, Merlin or other Ancients from "Epiphany"
- Miko (The Japanese scientist from "Letters From Pegasus")
- Laura Cadman
- Elina ("The Brotherhood")
- Baden and Nola ("The Game")
- Dr. Cole ("Sunday")
- light aliens ("Defiant one")
- black cloud ("Hide And Seek")
- Torrell and his prisoner people ("Condemned")
- Eldon ("Condemned")

Falcon Horus
April 27th, 2007, 01:48 PM
If we count only with Atlantis, there is a sort list:

- Halling
- Bates
- Ford
- Dr. Biro
- Dr. Katie Brown
- Dr. Kavanagh
- Janus, Chaya, Melia, Aiyana, Merlin or other Ancients from "Epiphany"
- Miko (The Japanese scientist from "Letters From Pegasus")
- Laura Cadman
- Elina ("The Brotherhood")
- Baden and Nola ("The Game")
- Dr. Cole ("Sunday")
- light aliens ("Defiant one")
- black cloud ("Hide And Seek")
- Torrell and his prisoner people ("Condemned")
- Eldon ("Condemned")

Who? :p

Mitchell82
April 27th, 2007, 04:43 PM
You're kidding?! I've seen that movie tons of times and never spotted it. Well done!

Regarding Kolya
JM said in his blog there was a possibility of Robert Davi/Kolya returning.

So don't give up hope yet. You know what they say about people dying in scifi. :D

Yeah he plays agent Johnson from the FBI. Regarding Koyla I hope so though I actually felt the western style shootout between John and Koyal actually was very fitting of the characters hatred for each other, I also thought it was a good ep though I really want Koyla back.

ACharmedAsgard
April 28th, 2007, 04:19 PM
Season 5! :D

Mitchell82
April 28th, 2007, 06:41 PM
Season 5! :D

I hope so I really hope so.

Promethius30
April 29th, 2007, 02:22 AM
If there is a season 5 (lets hope) i think that will end on the 100th ep so i doubt there will be a comic episode for the 100th then

Mitchell82
April 29th, 2007, 08:43 AM
If there is a season 5 (lets hope) i think that will end on the 100th ep so i doubt there will be a comic episode for the 100th then

You're right the last ep of the season would be the 100th episode so it likely wouldnt be comedic. Though I truly hope if we get a fifth season it isnt the last.

Platschu
April 29th, 2007, 11:53 AM
If they survive season 4, than I am sure that the 3rd series and tge SG:W game will get new audience, so the rating of season 5 will be bigger and we can begin a pro season 6 thread too. ;)

Falcon Horus
April 29th, 2007, 12:47 PM
...the SG:W game will get new audience...

Do you really think the game will bring in a new audience? I highly doubt that, tbh. I think only people who know Stargate will want to play this game (and only those Stargate-fans who are into MMORPG's).

Platschu
April 29th, 2007, 01:06 PM
Yes, I believe in SG:W. If the game is really good and entertaining, than not only the gaters or scifi fans, but their friends, classmates will buy to try it. :o

Falcon Horus
April 29th, 2007, 01:19 PM
Yes, I believe in SG:W. If the game is really good and entertaining, than not only the gaters or scifi fans, but their friends, classmates will buy to try it. :o

But didn't many loose interest when it was no longer going to be build for platforms such as Xbox, Playstation, ... Of course, those are few and WOW-players are many but still...

I for one lost interest when they announced it to be an MMORPG. I do like RPG's don't get me wrong here. But that's not important here.
What is, is that I think it will be a genre-game that will only appeal to the people that know the Stargate-world.
WOW is universal since it isn't tied to a TV-show or a book, or a movie. It's created from something original and it appeals to many people.

But hey, if it brings in new people that would be all good...I just have my doubts.
And I'd love to see Atlantis reaching that 100 episode mark, it's a milestone after all.

Platschu
April 29th, 2007, 01:35 PM
WOW is succesfull because they published 3 very good game earlier. They created a living fantasy world than they made an average-good game to earn dollar millions. :o

The Stargate : Worlds can be popular, because there is 14 season: characters, races, ships, planets, events. Other MMORPGs don't have such big scifi background. Some MMORPG are made from movies and other series (ST, SW, Matrix etc.), but the SG:W is the only game, where there are new TV series episodes too.

I understand your feelings, because it can be a bad, unplayable game, but I believe they won't make big mistakes. The writers and the crew of SG-1, Atlantis support them and the new series (SG:U) will have a thight connection to the game. The SG franchise will have new legs to survive this year and the future will be promising again. ;)

Falcon Horus
April 29th, 2007, 02:07 PM
I understand your feelings, because it can be a bad, unplayable game, but I believe they won't make big mistakes. The writers and the crew of SG-1, Atlantis support them and the new series (SG:U) will have a thight connection to the game. The SG franchise will have new legs to survive this year and the future will be promising again. ;)

Err... I didn't say it was going to be bad. I'm just not interested in it being made for online gaming, which of course is my personal taste.

And even though I won't buy it, I'm still looking forward to see it in action. And hopefully it'll expand the Stargate Verse that many generations from now will still be seeing it, playing it and experiencing it. And that brings me back to wanting to have many more seasons of Atlantis, and the new Universe-thing. They just have to do it right, and not screw up.

jenks
April 29th, 2007, 02:30 PM
Do you really think the game will bring in a new audience? I highly doubt that, tbh. I think only people who know Stargate will want to play this game (and only those Stargate-fans who are into MMORPG's).

I very much doubt that, there's no way they'd even bother making it if they thought their sales would be that low.

Falcon Horus
April 29th, 2007, 02:34 PM
I very much doubt that, there's no way they'd even bother making it if they thought their sales would be that low.

Well, you never know right. It's a gamble they are going to take. But we'll just have to wait and see...for now, we can just happily wait for the announcement of season 5 (whenever that may be).

Mitchell82
May 1st, 2007, 12:23 AM
Well, you never know right. It's a gamble they are going to take. But we'll just have to wait and see...for now, we can just happily wait for the announcement of season 5 (whenever that may be).

True, I'm not a big MMO fan but since it's SG and I love RPGs I'll give it a try, if my PC can run it that is.:D ;)

ACharmedAsgard
May 4th, 2007, 12:16 AM
Does anyone know if their are actual Stargate games available, and if you can get them in England? :S

Falcon Horus
May 4th, 2007, 07:46 AM
Does anyone know if their are actual Stargate games available, and if you can get them in England? :S

I think there's boardgame...and that's about all I know.

ACharmedAsgard
May 4th, 2007, 09:27 AM
Ok thanks for helping

Mitchell82
May 4th, 2007, 11:08 PM
Ok thanks for helping

There is also a D&D style RPG game but I don't think it's available anymore. Other than that there is an old Stargate game for the Super Nintendo, but thats ancient history.:D

ACharmedAsgard
May 6th, 2007, 05:06 PM
Super Nintendo? when was the last time I saw one of those?

Integrabyte
May 7th, 2007, 01:38 AM
Season 4 is not out yet and we are already thinking of Season 5? Why not start a topic with Season 9 while we are at it ? There is no guarantee that SGA will continue the SG1 legacy. Ratings are going down faster than you can say `Live long and Prosper`.

You're right the last ep of the season would be the 100th episode so it likely wouldnt be comedic. Though I truly hope if we get a fifth season it isnt the last.

People argue that SGA is totally different from SG1 and now everyone wants a nice SG1 copy of the 100th episode?

marty2006
May 7th, 2007, 02:15 AM
Why would it be a copy of sg-1 if they made the episode comedic ??

Oh i and i highly doubt that person speaks for every single stargate fan.

marty2006
May 7th, 2007, 02:23 AM
Season 4 is not out yet and we are already thinking of Season 5? Why not start a topic with Season 9 while we are at it ? There is no guarantee that SGA will continue the SG1 legacy. Ratings are going down faster than you can say `Live long and Prosper`.

People argue that SGA is totally different from SG1 and now everyone wants a nice SG1 copy of the 100th episode?

Ive created a thread for you maybe now you can complain in the appropriate area.

Mitchell82
May 7th, 2007, 09:20 AM

It's never too early to start a season 5 thread. The season 10 thread started quite early too. Ratings are going south but not just on sg, the entire ratings network for all chanels and shows are down, and I never said I wanted SGA to continue the SG-1 legacy. I just want SGA to continue on for awhile. No need to get nasty.

Promethius30
May 7th, 2007, 09:37 AM
Lets defantly hope there will be a season 5
And season 6 as well

ACharmedAsgard
May 7th, 2007, 09:54 AM
Stargate Atlantis season 5656655767!

Mitchell82
May 7th, 2007, 01:26 PM
Stargate Atlantis season 5656655767!

Now thats a little too many. We'd all be dead by then.;) :cameron:

Mitchell82
May 7th, 2007, 01:28 PM
Lets defantly hope there will be a season 5
And season 6 as well

I hope so. If I had a say I'd want it to surpass sg-1 but I'd take 6 or 7 seasons. Most shows are lucky to last 5 and it' s just been confirmed that LOST will end after season 5.

ACharmedAsgard
May 7th, 2007, 01:42 PM
Fine 456

Mitchell82
May 7th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Fine 456

Yeah I guess I can extend my life for 400 some odd years.

Platschu
May 7th, 2007, 02:11 PM
I will be a bit off-topic. The spiderman3 cost 258 million dollar. They could make from this money 5 SG season = 100 episodes = 4200 minutes long story. Try to imagine what a scifi world could have built from that money: CGI aliens, worlds, forrests, animals, ships etc. I am bit sad that only this expensive CGI movies can stay alive. :(

Falcon Horus
May 7th, 2007, 02:17 PM
How about we start seeing how the back half of season 3 goes in the ratings, and I imagine, the front half of season 4 before we start fantasizing about seasons 5, 6, 7, .... and who knows what more.

I'd love to see a season 5, don't get me wrong. I have said so before, but it's the ratings that count and of course, Sci Fi's will to keep it going for a few more years.

Platschu
May 7th, 2007, 02:26 PM
We wish the same. I hope the rating will be between 1,3-1,7 than they will order season 5 and the new SG show. :o

Exiled Master
May 7th, 2007, 02:37 PM
Nah, by then we will have gone the :thor: route and downloaded our consciousnesses into cloned bodies or cyborgs. Who knows, by then it might be a documentary about the wonders of technology (far in the future)

Caboose: We're in the future. Things are very shiny here.

Trek_Girl42
May 7th, 2007, 04:56 PM
Now don't get so negative! I, for one, fully intend on being around. ;)

Mitchell82
May 7th, 2007, 06:07 PM
I will be a bit off-topic. The spiderman3 cost 258 million dollar. They could make from this money 5 SG season = 100 episodes = 4200 minutes long story. Try to imagine what a scifi world could have built from that money: CGI aliens, worlds, forrests, animals, ships etc. I am bit sad that only this expensive CGI movies can stay alive. :(

And so far has garnered $382 mill worldwide and $151 mill in the us. Imagine what 382 mill would get us!

Mitchell82
May 7th, 2007, 06:08 PM
Now don't get so negative! I, for one, fully intend on being around. ;)

Got dibs on a cryogenetic machine?;)

Trek_Girl42
May 7th, 2007, 06:45 PM
Got dibs on a cryogenetic machine?;)
Hey, I intend on eating lots of fruit, drinking lots of green tea, and working out. I'll make it nooo problemo. :cool:

Lauriel
May 7th, 2007, 11:58 PM
I think there is a point to discussing it. Firstly, people like to enthuse with other like-minded people about things they enjoy. In fact, that is pretty much the sole reason GW was created in the first place! It might not be necessary, but it is certainly enjoyable, and that counts as a good enough reason in my opinion.

Secondly, TPTB have been known to peruse this forum from time to time, and does it really hurt anything for them to know they have the interest and support of at least one section of the fanbase? Again, it might not make a difference, especially as they don't have much control over this matter either, but at least they know they aren't the only ones hoping their baby will continue to grow.

I want my daughter to grow old and outlive me. Will it happen? Maybe, maybe not. I'm certainly going to assume and act like it will though, and that will dominate the way I think and talk about the matter. Same with this. Until I know there will definitely be no more SGA, I will keep discussing its continuation.

Did anyone suggest that SGA is in competition with SG-1? All we are saying is that we would like a show we enjoy to continue, for the sole purpose of our continued enjoyment. We don't want SGA to continue just to top SG-1.

And yes, the shows are different - and whether that is good or bad is entirely a matter of subjectivity. Personally, I don't want a replica of an SG-1 100th ep, I would like a totally innovative SGA 100th ep, because that means that I have watched, enjoyed, talked about, written about, and generally had fun with 100 episodes of something I love. If I have to settle for less, I will. I still hope for more. I think it's great that SG-1 had such a long run, and I watched it since it first came out, but I want SGA to continue in it's own right.

Hey, I intend on eating lots of fruit, drinking lots of green tea, and working out. I'll make it nooo problemo. :cool:
:D :D Now that's positive thinking for you.

Mitchell82
May 8th, 2007, 09:17 AM
I think there is a point to discussing it. Firstly, people like to enthuse with other like-minded people about things they enjoy. In fact, that is pretty much the sole reason GW was created in the first place! It might not be necessary, but it is certainly enjoyable, and that counts as a good enough reason in my opinion.

Secondly, TPTB have been known to peruse this forum from time to time, and does it really hurt anything for them to know they have the interest and support of at least one section of the fanbase? Again, it might not make a difference, especially as they don't have much control over this matter either, but at least they know they aren't the only ones hoping their baby will continue to grow.

I want my daughter to grow old and outlive me. Will it happen? Maybe, maybe not. I'm certainly going to assume and act like it will though, and that will dominate the way I think and talk about the matter. Same with this. Until I know there will definitely be no more SGA, I will keep discussing its continuation.

Did anyone suggest that SGA is in competition with SG-1? All we are saying is that we would like a show we enjoy to continue, for the sole purpose of our continued enjoyment. We don't want SGA to continue just to top SG-1.

And yes, the shows are different - and whether that is good or bad is entirely a matter of subjectivity. Personally, I don't want a replica of an SG-1 100th ep, I would like a totally innovative SGA 100th ep, because that means that I have watched, enjoyed, talked about, written about, and generally had fun with 100 episodes of something I love. If I have to settle for less, I will. I still hope for more. I think it's great that SG-1 had such a long run, and I watched it since it first came out, but I want SGA to continue in it's own right.

:D :D Now that's positive thinking for you.
Agree 100%!

Platschu
December 28th, 2007, 02:53 PM
Hmmm. I remembered so that there is a newer pro season 5 thread. Maybe the mods will merge them. :P

So, next week is 2008. The making of season 5 will begin at the second half of February. When will MGM or SciFi Channel release an official announcement for how many episode signed the actors (especially Amanda Tapping, Paul McGillion, Torri Higginson, Michael Shanks and Jewel Staite)? Can we expect news in the next days?

Briangate78
December 28th, 2007, 03:19 PM
I was saying from last season that there will be a 5th season! :p

Skydiver
December 28th, 2007, 03:19 PM
Sorry folks, since season 5 doesn't even exist yet, there's not much to be positive or negative about.

We're not allowing the creation of any new pro or anti threads for the time beinig