This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 5 To Be or Not to Be?

With the news about the less than spectacular ratings for season 3's Return part 2 many of us are wondering about season 5. This is a place to discuss if we think it will be a reality or not. Personally I don't think the ratings are bad enough not to and so far neither does JM. I am thinking the less than spectacular return is do to the long wait and people not realizing it was on. Personally I hope it lasts many more seasons.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

I hope it lasts more seasons as well. However it relies heavily on ratings, so we will need to try and bring more viewers to the network, and particularly the shows.

Comment

It all depends on if Sci Fi have other high rated shows to replace it. If as a channel the ratings for atlantis stay high in relation to the other shows then I think chances are good. Since overall, the ratings for all Sci Fi show's are lowering than last year I think it'll be ok.

Afterall what will Sci Fi replace it with, Painkiller Jane?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith View Post
        It all depends on if Sci Fi have other high rated shows to replace it. If as a channel the ratings for atlantis stay high in relation to the other shows then I think chances are good. Since overall, the ratings for all Sci Fi show's are lowering than last year I think it'll be ok.

Afterall what will Sci Fi replace it with, Painkiller Jane?
        Something tells me that won't happen. Rather it would be put together as a "SCI FI Friday" lineup.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
          With the news about the less than spectacular ratings for season 3's Return part 2 many of us are wondering about season 5. This is a place to discuss if we think it will be a reality or not. Personally I don't think the ratings are bad enough not to and so far neither does JM. I am thinking the less than spectacular return is do to the long wait and people not realizing it was on. Personally I hope it lasts many more seasons.
          I think it's a bit premature to be speculating on anything at this point!

It's only been 1 ep since the comeback, after something like 7 months out. Chances are they will pick up again shortly. Most people probably didn't even know they were coming back I'd bet. So ratings will probably improve in time.

As to S5, I don't think that will be dependent on anything to do with S3, Skiffy probably know that the shows will take a knock after being off the air for so long. In past seasons they have given word about renewals nearer the end of the year.

So depending on when it airs, then it may need a trong start to S4 because it may only have a few eps of which to convice them it's worthy of a renewal. Which will be incredibly harder to do given SG-1 will no longer be alongside it!

Another thing that went very favourably in Atlantis favour was the low season ratings for their BSG baby. Therefore I think it'd be insane to not renew something when the new season hasn't even aired first. Especially since you were the only reasons for keeping it off the air so long.

They may be stupid but I don't think they are that stupid!

Comment

long live stargate atlantis. when sg1 finishes in the u.s. the ratings might improve, you never know
            Last edited by Barnzy; 19 April 2007, 10:27 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

The word just needs to get out on the shows.

Comment

[QUOTE=Wraith_Boy;6583281]
                I think it's a bit premature to be speculating on anything at this point!

It's only been 1 ep since the comeback, after something like 7 months out. Chances are they will pick up again shortly. Most people probably didn't even know they were coming back I'd bet. So ratings will probably improve in time.
                Not really. Speculation about the end of SG-1 started pretty much right at the start of season 10 when ratings dropped. I agree that it will should pick up though.
                As to S5, I don't think that will be dependent on anything to do with S3, Skiffy probably know that the shows will take a knock after being off the air for so long. In past seasons they have given word about renewals nearer the end of the year.
                True though it's different this year. With the year round stuff they are doing the season will be completly filmed by the time of airing so ratings of season 4 won't have much to do with season 5.
                So depending on when it airs, then it may need a trong start to S4 because it may only have a few eps of which to convice them it's worthy of a renewal. Which will be incredibly harder to do given SG-1 will no longer be alongside it!
                It might be tough but not tough enough to put the show in danger.
                Another thing that went very favourably in Atlantis favour was the low season ratings for their BSG baby. Therefore I think it'd be insane to not renew something when the new season hasn't even aired first. Especially since you were the only reasons for keeping it off the air so long.
                And that is still in it's favor with BSG's ratings plummeting.
                They may be stupid but I don't think they are that stupid!
                I don't know about that, Skiffy is pretty stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
                  Something tells me that won't happen. Rather it would be put together as a "SCI FI Friday" lineup.
                  Agreed. Painkiler Jane IMO is not that good though. Can't see it lasting a season.

Comment

Agreed. Painkiler Jane IMO is not that good though. Can't see it lasting a season.
                    Perhaps. I haven't seen it. The network does need more shows to fill in the timeslots. Hopefully we can bring the ratings of both SG-1 and Atlantis up to the point where they beat out everything else on the network.

Comment

Perhaps. I haven't seen it. The network does need more shows to fill in the timeslots. Hopefully we can bring the ratings of both SG-1 and Atlantis up to the point where they beat out everything else on the network.
                      It's pretty bad and hard to follow tough I'll give it a fair chance, and yes they need more shows but it's very hard to come up with good family quality shows like SG-1 and SGA.

Comment

It's pretty bad and hard to follow tough I'll give it a fair chance, and yes they need more shows but it's very hard to come up with good family quality shows like SG-1 and SGA.
                        There is a supposed spin-off of BSG in the works meant to be a family show. However, I don't get the concept of it at all. To be honest, I don't watch BSG.

Comment

There is a supposed spin-off of BSG in the works meant to be a family show. However, I don't get the concept of it at all. To be honest, I don't watch BSG.
                          I think it's been canned with the lack of support to BSG by fans. BSG has become nothing but a sex filled violent fest.

Comment

No, it's not meant to be a family show, it's meant to be a show about a family. Loads of people got confused over that.

And it's off the board for the moment, SCI-FI isn't doing anything with it for now.

Comment

I don't think there is any chance it will make it to a season five. I really think four will struggle then sink without a trace. So many people are really unhappy with all of the changes and like myself have given up on the show. With the addition of the dreaded 'C' word for next season Atlantis is doomed, imo.
                              sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Working...
                              X