This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ori Warriors' Staff Weapons

I know why Jaffa used staff weapons but why do the Ori warriors use them? Surely they would want to use a weapon of war not a weapon of fear?
    "You don't know half of it".
    Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
    (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

the Ori rule by fear too, don't they? plus they aren't opposed, generally, by advanced cultures that pose a major threat to them, usually. til they got to the milky way, we hadn't seen or heard about anyone putting up a substantial fight against them. in their home galaxy, we can probably assume they already have complete domination since the only mention of opposition there is an underground resistence movement. i would also presume that they have taken steps to make sure the cultures under thier domain remain relatively low tech. this would make weapons of fear quite effective in controlling the masses.
    That's the plan?!? That's the plan. That plan sucks!

Comment

staff weapons, especially Ori staff weapons are junk.You can't aim with them properly.and the main reason why I don't like them is, they're not cool
      Stolen Kosovo
      sigpic

Comment

Staff weapons were taken from the Ancient's, so the Ori would have them.

Comment

But since the Ori are invading this galaxy, they would surely expect some kind of resistance, from the Jaffa, Asgard or SG1?
          (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

they seem to be doin fine so far...they made impressive progress with only the initial 4 ships.

Spoiler:
            they lost 1. another got sent back through the gate. another 8 or so came back through. then lost at least 2 more. so they still have 6-8 ships left in our galaxy atm. they've made a few allies amongst the jaffa. they've converted several planets at the very least. so considering the numbers they are up against, they are doing quite impressively. the Ori tend to go with what they know. conquer, subjugate, convert, annihilate the rest. the Jaffa can barely stand up to them. Earth now can, which just made them a major threat, which is why there is an impending assault in the first movie.

oops that was shipwise. as for infantry, the average Ori soldier is a religious farmer or some other simple kind of person. so they equiped them with weapons that don't need any maintenance other than swapping a power crystal occassionally maybe. nothing too complicated or that they would have to fix if it jammed/broke/etc. one thing that puzzles me though is that the ships were built by these same simple people, and then activated by a prior. so this leads me to believe they are not as simple as they appear to be. or they have some kind of caste system that allows for a small class of engineers, scientists, etc. the priors can't fix or make everything. they're too busy making people prostrate.
            That's the plan?!? That's the plan. That plan sucks!

Comment

Since the ships was built in the Ori galaxy the Ori could potentially just have put the knowledge and skills needed for building the ships, into the builders and then ereased it when they were done thus technical knowledge or experience isnt needed. The only reason why they couldnt do it to people like the Rand in the MW is because they arent allowed to affect things directly here.

Comment

Another question: how come ori warriors do not have any kind of shields or at least some better armour?

Comment

Cause they are like the Jaffa were.. stupid to proper war.

Comment

Originally posted by GodAtum View Post
                    But since the Ori are invading this galaxy, they would surely expect some kind of resistance, from the Jaffa, Asgard or SG1?
                    Which is why they have uber ships that can take on any Jaffa Ha'taks in it's sleep. Jaffa are only formidable in their ships. Take that away & they are nothing.

You take away their ship aspect, then if they are put on a planet as an army, you simply bombard the planet directly from space if needed. Jaffa would only trouble the Ori if it was a direct ground fight where Jaffa fight Ori warriors 1-1 in the battlefield. However that would only be a small aspect of the campaign, the biggest ones would be handled in space against enemy ships.

Ori don't want to kill people, they only want to convert/force them into joining 'Origin'. In order to do that, you need to put on the scare tactics. Lightning bolts were thought to come directly from Zeus in ancient Greece. The Ori think of themselves as God's, so perhaps that's their version of lightning to scare all the non-believers into your way of thinking.

Comment

Because it resembles an Ori farmer's pitchfork...after all their society is a simple agrarian culture.
                      sigpic

Comment

as ive said in other threads the jaffa are supposed to be the best fighters in the stargate universe. Some of them are supposed to be a hundred years old or older, meaning they have a decades of fight experiance, superior phisiological makeup, and have been naturally/artificially selected for the the best fighters for generations. Its illogical that any SG team could take out a squad of jaffa no problem. and the staff also makes for a good religious tool, the ori soldiers see it as a tool to spread origin and it doubles as a staff to "help guide them on the journey they are on."
                        Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

I think that the Ori like phallic symbols. The Prior staffs, now staff weapons... even their ships have toilet connotations attached to them. They make everything BIG... their ships, their gates... etc.

Comment

Anyone else think that the Ori could perhaps be compensating for something by making everything large...........?

A very wise man once said...."Reality is an illusion created by a lack of Alcohol."

Comment

Fer crying out loud people! stop being so silly!

Now back to the point if I may. I think that the staff is a sign of power, leadership and superiority. Therefore obvously the Prior's would use them, and as their 'henchmen' the soilder's would use this to help control the masses.

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

Working...
                              X