X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anubis more Advanced then then the Ori?

Ok I have a question

Anubis was able to find a cloaked Tel'tak coming to his planet where the Stargate Destroyer Weapon was located. However when Teal'c had a cloaked Alkesh around the Supergate the Ori ships were not able to find him. So did Anubis have superior technology to the Ori?

Now either the Alkesh cloak is more superior to the Tel'tak or Anubis's Sensors are more advanced then the Ori's

Also don't say that the Ori weren't scanning for a cloaked ship because they would if they were smart thus proving that Anubis is more smarter then the Ori
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Wasn't Teal'c in a cargo ship?
    I presume you are talking about Pegasus Project.

Comment

Anubis new the cargo ship was there because his Jaffa detected it as it existed hyperspace. When it cloaked he told the glider pilots to scan the atmosphere for disturbances. Thats how they found the ship. He didnt have to technology to detect a cloaked ship. If they didnt try to enter the atmosphere in the cargo ship Anubis never would have found them.
      sigpic
      By *E*K*R*

Comment

I thought Teal'c or Braytac said that Anubis had found a way to detect there cloaked ship so thats how they found them
        A Face you Can Trust
        sigpic
        It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

^ As far as I remember it was because of the atmospheric disturbances. Ill go watch that part of the ep again! lol Redemption pt2 right?
          sigpic
          By *E*K*R*

Comment

I think that is the episode
            A Face you Can Trust
            sigpic

Comment

Yep you were right! I must have been thinking of a different ep!

It seems Anubis just pulled that new tech out of nowhere! In Revelations I thought he was only able to track the probe he put in Thors brain, but maybe not! Maybe the Ori never thought of cloaking tech! lol

Although Id put it down to a convenient plot hole to get Ry'ak on the ground with Teal'c and Brat'ac!
              sigpic
              By *E*K*R*

Comment

Most likely a plot hole but still this proves that Anubis was smarter then the Ori in sensor Tech
                A Face you Can Trust
                sigpic

Comment

^ true, but even so, he probably stole the knowledge from Thor!
                  sigpic
                  By *E*K*R*

Comment

Originally posted by Gen_J_O'Neill View Post
                    Anubis new the cargo ship was there because his Jaffa detected it as it existed hyperspace. When it cloaked he told the glider pilots to scan the atmosphere for disturbances. Thats how they found the ship. He didnt have to technology to detect a cloaked ship. If they didnt try to enter the atmosphere in the cargo ship Anubis never would have found them.
                    or he installed sonar on his ship LOL... because that would work... wouldn't it? because you an destroy a cloaked ship?

Comment

^ My god...thats genious! lol
                      Last edited by Gen_J_O'Neill; 15 April 2007, 04:55 AM.
                      sigpic
                      By *E*K*R*

Comment

Ok was Thor's mind probed before or after Redemption? Also I think Anubis has superior sensor tech then the Ori but I don't think he had Weapons, Shields, Hyperdirves and all that stuff but Good Old Anubis has better sensors thus making him smarter then the Ori in at least one way maybe even more

Also I don't think sonar would work becasue every earth method availbe to earth has never found a cloaked ship without massive sacnning by the Prommy or a BC-304
                        A Face you Can Trust
                        sigpic

Comment

^ Agreed! and it was before Redemption. Season 5's finale, Relevations.
                          sigpic
                          By *E*K*R*

Comment

Apophis was smart, he found a way to cloke ha'taks (goa'uld motherships)
                            sigpic

Comment

Anubis scanned for thermal anomalies, just because you cant see it doesnt mean that it won't heat up on reentry into an atmosphere. the alkesh was just in space, it didnt give out any thermal signatures and the ori wouldn't know what to have scanned for any way.
                              Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Working...
                              X