PDA

View Full Version : Futurama, What an great show.

Mio
September 16th, 2004, 02:28 AM
Farnsworth #1: Your people and your slight differences disgust me. I'm going home. Where's that blue box with our universe in it?

Farnsworth #2: Oh you'd like to get back to your evil universe wouldn't you? And destroy your box with our universe inside it.

Farnsworth #1: Nonsense! I would never do such a thing unless you would already having been going to do that!

Farnsworth #2: Eh, Wha?

Farnsworth #1: You heard me!

I love this show. I still hate the fact that it's cancelled.

ibwolf
September 16th, 2004, 02:36 AM
Yeah, I love that show. Got it all on DVD. God knows how many times I've watched each episode.

Captain Zapp Brannigan : It was almost the perfect crime, but you forgot the one thing: rock crushes scissors.
[Suddenly thoughtful]
Captain Zapp Brannigan : But paper covers rock. And scissors cuts paper. Kif, we have a conundrum.

Jprime
September 16th, 2004, 05:35 AM
Ok sure the Professors got some WICKED one-liners, Bender kicks shiny metal ass, and Leelas freaking hot, but ZOIDBERG takes the cake!

Hes got a freaking SHELL! a REMOVABLE shell at that! And big freaking CLAWS!

ibwolf
September 16th, 2004, 06:30 AM
ZOIDBERG takes the cake!
[Dr. Zoidberg is preparing to look for a mate]
Dr. Zoidberg : How do I look?
Bender : Like whale barf.
Dr. Zoidberg : Then the illusion is complete.

Yeah, he's pretty great. Pretty much all the characters on Futurama were great.

David85
September 16th, 2004, 06:54 PM
I have 3 of the 4 seasons, haven't had time to watch it recently.

"Are you jacking on in there?"
-Leala to Bender when Bender is getting high in the bathroom

Lugal
September 16th, 2004, 08:07 PM
I love Futurama and am currently borrowing Season 1 DVDs from my sister.

I love the professor's lines, like in Mars University:

Professor: Well, let's go gather him up. No point in letting a perfectly good monkey go to waste. *licks lips*

michelleb
September 17th, 2004, 03:15 AM
I love futurama. totally. loved the leela/fry stuff (that's right! i shipped for a cartoon!). and zoidberg was hysterical. in fact, the entire thing was hysterical..and brilliantly written, and some really really good sci-fi plots. the episode where fry has people living inside him that make him smart..but are also killing him, so the professor and the others do the fantastic voyage thing inside him to save him..while on the outside, leela falls in love with the intelligent fry..that was so clever, and really very moving, at the end. and the devil was a great character..and i really, really loved the ending..with leela sitting in the darkened theatre, saying 'i want to see how it ends'. perfect

ibwolf
September 17th, 2004, 03:37 AM
I love futurama. totally. loved the leela/fry stuff (that's right! i shipped for a cartoon!). and zoidberg was hysterical. in fact, the entire thing was hysterical..and brilliantly written, and some really really good sci-fi plots. the episode where fry has people living inside him that make him smart..but are also killing him, so the professor and the others do the fantastic voyage thing inside him to save him..
Hmm, as I recall it turned out those worms were not harming him at all.

The Futurama 'ship' episode I like the best was the 'time skip' one. Where one minute they are getting married and then bam, they're getting divorced :) hilarious stuff.

Wyrminarrd
September 17th, 2004, 04:03 AM
It´s all great, this is one of the funniest shows that has ever been done!

Why those screwballs at Fox cancelled it I will never understand.

Mio
September 17th, 2004, 12:42 PM
Hmm, as I recall it turned out those worms were not harming him at all.

The Futurama 'ship' episode I like the best was the 'time skip' one. Where one minute they are getting married and then bam, they're getting divorced :) hilarious stuff.
You're right. The problem was that soon they would never be able to remove the worms.

Markey2
September 17th, 2004, 01:07 PM
lol I love futurama, not such an avid watcher but every episode makes my laugh loads. My favourite has to be the one where they do a whole thing about Slurm. I can't remember what it's called but I sure as hell loved it!

Manic
September 17th, 2004, 03:25 PM
Leela: You're blackmailing me?
Bender: Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion."

I love this series. Frankly, it was much funnier than The Simpsons' past few seasons. They even managed to throw in a complex storyling involve Fry, giant brains, Nibbler, and Fry's grampa.

[Everyone on Earth except Fry is moronically stupid]
Fry: What are we going to do?
Professor Farnsworth: Duh, I know, let's play the lottery.
Amy Wong: No, let's buy internet stock.
Dr. Zoidberg: On margin. Zoidbee wants to buy on margin.
Hermes Conrad: [holding a board in front of his face] Look at me. I'm invisible.
Fry: Wait a minute, I know what's going on here. You've all become idiots.
Bender: Hey, let's go join the Reform party.

David85
September 17th, 2004, 08:48 PM
I love futurama. totally. loved the leela/fry stuff (that's right! i shipped for a cartoon!). and zoidberg was hysterical. in fact, the entire thing was hysterical..and brilliantly written, and some really really good sci-fi plots. the episode where fry has people living inside him that make him smart..but are also killing him, so the professor and the others do the fantastic voyage thing inside him to save him..while on the outside, leela falls in love with the intelligent fry..that was so clever, and really very moving, at the end. and the devil was a great character..and i really, really loved the ending..with leela sitting in the darkened theatre, saying 'i want to see how it ends'. perfect

I don't even think that was meant to be the very last episode.

Fox canned it because no one knew when it was on, and they just showed the episodes that were never aired on Fox.

Erik Pasternak
September 17th, 2004, 08:56 PM
"Bender Should Not Be Allowed On TV" was the intended final episode, however, FOX messed it up again.

Mio
September 18th, 2004, 07:33 AM
<sigh> I was so depressed when I heard Futurama was to be canned. All of those Simpsons jokes at Fox's expense were well deserved.

<Insert view of a trailer in the desert here, with the worlds "Fox worldwide headquarters" at the bottom of the screen>

Brendan
September 18th, 2004, 08:53 AM
Does anyone remember the Star Trek episode? That was pure comedic genius.

Leonard Nimoy: Melvar you have to respect your actors. That's why I got such a good performance out of Bill in Star Trek IV, because I respected him so much.

William Shatner: Yes and that's why I got such a good performance out myself in Star Trek V because I respected myself so much.

:D

Mio
September 18th, 2004, 08:56 AM

Leonard Nimoy: Melvar you have to respect your actors. That's why I got such a good performance out of Bill in Star Trek IV, because I respected him so much.

William Shatner: Yes and that's why I got such a good performance out myself in Star Trek V because I respected myself so much.

Behold another power, different from the one you saw earlier!!!

That was a great episode.

ATimson
September 19th, 2004, 05:36 PM
"Bender Should Not Be Allowed On TV" was the intended final episode, however, FOX messed it up again.
That's not what the DVDs say--they say "The Devil's Hands Are Idle Playthings" should've been the last. (Also support by it's opening quip being "See You On Some Other Channel." :))

Lugal
September 19th, 2004, 05:50 PM

Shatner: Wasn't there an episode where I threw my boot at the enemy?
Nimoy: You mean Doohan? *both laugh*