Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you had the money, and the power to bring back one TV series...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you had the money, and the power to bring back one TV series...

If you had the money, and the power to bring back ONE TV series, what would it be?

For those that need specifics...
    You've been made Senior Vice President of NBC, and have been given $80m to add a TV show to their Fall '07 line-up. You have the money, and power to buy-out an actor's contract (if they're currently doing a different project), and you're show will be in the most coveted 8:00pm Thursday night NBC time slot, so any TV actor would drool over that level of exposure.

NOTE: I doubt even the most powerful TV Execs have the power to raise the dead, so keep that in mind.

For me, it would be Angel the Series, hands down. It's cancellation was a mistake, it was the network's second highest rated drama, and the guy who canned it was fired.

I think Fastlane would be my second choice.

SG-1 wouldn't be on there, because I think the movies will be better than the show. Stargate: Continuum has the real SG-1, and Baal.
    Last edited by Ripple in Space; 13 April 2007, 10:22 PM.
    sigpic
    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
    ~David Hewlett

Star Trek Enterprise; it was just getting really good too when it went under; heck, even some of the old school fans started liking it.

Comment

Gargoyles with its original writing staff(AKA the ones doing the screw season 3 comic)

Disney utterly botched season 3 by fireing the people who made seasons 1/2 and replacing them with people who had no idea to write a good plot line

thus we got 12 episodes of pure tripe (the first episode was the only one written by the creators) and then it got canned

and no I dont care if its a cartoon either

Comment

*prepares to have spoiled produce hurled at her*

Invasion. I really liked that show, thought it was well done.
        That cliffhanger, him taking Larkin to the water....
        sigpic
        David Fangirldom Times Two...Potentially Dangerous, But I'm On It.
        "You can't fly a Dalek! There's people in there..."--David Hewlett

Comment

Alas, the three shows I'd most love to bring back wouldn't be very practical. Space: Above & Beyond has been off the air too long, though some kind of sequel series might work, Cupid has also been off for a long time and Jeremy Piven is too busy with Entourage to bother and Now & Again's cast is similarly busy with other projects. I wouldn't want to force any of them away from what they're doing just to try and resurrect an old show.

As for more current stuff... if I could get better writers for Surface I wouldn't mind bringing it back, but the story and characters were such a mess it'd probably be an uphill battle all the way.

There was a Time Tunnel remake a few years back whose pilot ep never aired. Would have loved to see that actually make it to a full series, despite what happened to Kavan Smith's character.

Comment

Firefly
            Greg The Bunny
            Andy Barker P.I. (yes its been cancelled already)
            Studio 60 (I'd make sure it wasn't cancelled)
            Enterprise

and a plethora of others i can't even begin to remember.

Comment

FARSCAPE!!

With the money and fame from Farscape - Space: Above & Beyond and Earth2 would be next.

I don't remember much about how Space ended, but HATED the cliffhanger from Earth2. Would love to see the show get some justice, it had such potential with the plot and was such a great story also.

Comment

Firefly

Enterprise

Two great shows that ended too soon.

Comment

Only one?

Faranth... There were so many good shows that ended before they should have.

My first choice would probably be Crusade, allow JMS to tell the story that he wanted to tell without Network interference.

Enterprise would be my second choice. I want to see those Berengarian dragons!!!
                  sigpic
                  "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                  Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

The 1990's Flipper series! But only with the, first season cast (Brian Wimmer, Colleen Flynn, Payton Haas, Jessica Alba) because after they changed casts, the show sucked big time.

The Lone Gunmen - that show was funny as hell.
                    "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                    My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

I'd have to go with Space: Above and Beyond

Another show I'd love to see come back would be Angel. It had an interesting way to end the series but it made me wanting to see more, much much more.

Comment

Alias,
                        Quantum Leap - futile?,
                        X-Files =D
                        Last edited by jazz!; 14 April 2007, 03:10 PM.
                        It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

Star Trek: Enterprise or Firefly. I'd include Star Trek (the original series), but it was resurrected with the movies.

Comment

For me it would be three tv shows: Firefly, Blake's 7, and a new Star Trek spinoff series that takes place 700 years post-NEM.
                            Have you ever remembered what life was like before you were born? That's how it will be like after you're dead.

Comment

You can't bring back a show that doesn't exist yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X