X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greatest Hero

Who is the GREATEST Hero?
    No one too obscure please.

In order to be considered here, the hero must either have super human abilities (some ability that no contemporary human could have under any circumstances), or wear a silly costume into battle.

Here are a few candidates that come to mind.

Teal'c - He liberated the Jaffa, in doing so saved millions of humans & Jaffa, overthrew a millenia old evil empire, and hundreds of worlds. He's also one of the toughest guys around.

Goku - Well he is the strongest Superhero ever. He can blow up planets, and solar systems with little effort.

Batman - He's Batman. The World's Greatest Detective. With only human strength, and intelligence, he's honed his abilities to the point of rivaling the greatest of super beings.

Angel - The World's Champion. He took down the group that makes the world a crappy place. He fights the good fight because it's the right thing to do. He gave up 2 opportunities to obtain his redemption in order to help the helpless.

Superman - Everyone knows....
    sigpic
    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
    ~David Hewlett

Captain America with out a doubt because he stood for everything right with America and tried to fix the problems of it. Also he fought the Nazis and who can be better then a guy that stopped the Nazis?

Oh and I think Sentry could beat Goku in a fight because Sentry has the powers of a 1000 suns
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

President John J. Sheridan- Only man to destroy a Minbari ship in the Earth/Minbari war, commander of Babylon 5 for three years, formed a giant fleet to fight the Shadows, delcared independence from Earth, only man to come back from Z'Ha'Dum alive without being brain washed, defeated the shadows, started a civil war with Earth, was captured and tortured by Clark and survived, liberated Earth, first president of the interstellar alliance, kept Babylon 5 intact until the day he died.

To see a picture of me in the Miss Teen America pageant, click here.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
        Oh and I think Sentry could beat Goku in a fight because Sentry has the powers of a 1000 suns
        I had never heard of him before, so I read up on him. He sounds uber-strong, and is apparently by far the most powerful Marvel-Earth Super Hero, making Hulk look like a wimp. It sound like he's even stronger than Thor (Marvel). I think he'd probably take down Superman, since Superman has roughly the power of the Sun, and Sentry claims to have the "power of one million exploding suns."

I'd still go with Goku in a fight. Remember, unlike humans, Saiyans become stronger throughout a fight, where humans get fatigued & tired. Sentry fights measly Earth Villains/heroes, where Goku's last stint was fighting Eternal Dragons, who have basically limitless power, and can bend reality to their whims very easily. Goku doesn't have psychological problems, and is a pure force of good.

Worst case scenario, Goku could transport Sentry to an empty Solar System (using instant transmission), and then blow it up. Even if the explosion doesn't kill him (which it would) the lack of oxygen & space exposure would eventually do him in.
        sigpic
        "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
        ~David Hewlett

Comment

Spiderman
          More realistic than pretty much any DC character. He isn't limitless in any quality (Batman is infinitely rich, Superman is infinitely strong, etc)
          And the Celestials could totally kick Goku's @$$.
          Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
          The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
          I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
          A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
          That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
          Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
          Caboose: They could be worse?
          Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
            I had never heard of him before, so I read up on him. He sounds uber-strong, and is apparently by far the most powerful Marvel-Earth Super Hero, making Hulk look like a wimp. It sound like he's even stronger than Thor (Marvel). I think he'd probably take down Superman, since Superman has roughly the power of the Sun, and Sentry claims to have the "power of one million exploding suns."

I'd still go with Goku in a fight. Remember, unlike humans, Saiyans become stronger throughout a fight, where humans get fatigued & tired. Sentry fights measly Earth Villains/heroes, where Goku's last stint was fighting Eternal Dragons, who have basically limitless power, and can bend reality to their whims very easily. Goku doesn't have psychological problems, and is a pure force of good.

Worst case scenario, Goku could transport Sentry to an empty Solar System (using instant transmission), and then blow it up. Even if the explosion doesn't kill him (which it would) the lack of oxygen & space exposure would eventually do him in.
            The Sentry is one of the most powerful if not they most powerful hero in the Marvel Universe and Nick Fury has found no weakness for the Sentry so no matter how much punishment Goku puts out the Sentry would be able to withstand it

Well Sentry does not need oxygen because in a comic I have he is on the moon and just mediating so I'm sure that wouldn't kill him.
            A Face you Can Trust
            sigpic
            It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by Exiled Master View Post
              And the Celestials could totally kick Goku's @$$.
              Agreed but I think galactus could beat a Celestial one on one
              A Face you Can Trust
              sigpic

Comment

Got to go with Angel And Spike, Buffy and Faith
                sigpic

Comment

Ralph Hinkley Got given a super suit, lost the instructions and couldn't fly straight, but he still got the job done

Comment

Originally posted by Eye Of Ra View Post
                    Got to go with Angel And Spike, Buffy and Faith
                    nice
                    sigpic
                    ~David Hewlett

Comment

except Canonicly Goku never fights the Eternal Dragons as GT isnt Canon... (and GT is rather plothole ridden and down right horrible)

its like using the Buffy Season 8 Novel(no not the comic) or most Buffy comics(AKA the ones not written by Joss and gang) in a Buffy debate

as for goku being the strongest hero ever... have you ever seen the Hades Arc of Saint Seiya?

Saint Seiya characters put DBZ characters to shame in terms of sheer power and ability

and Pre Crisis Superman can trash him as well (yes there is a differance between pre crisis Superman and the current one)

not only that Goku isnt the strongest hero in his universe either... (Mystic Gohan and Vegeto are)
                      Last edited by kharn the betrayer; 18 April 2007, 04:48 PM.

Comment

I'd have to go with Superman.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by kharn the betrayer View Post

Pre Crisis Superman can trash him as well (yes there is a differance between pre crisis Superman and the current one)

What is the differnce? I know a lot about Marvel but I don't really like Marvel so could you let me know

Also Goku is pathetic compared to sentry or superman but Sentry can beat Superman
                          A Face you Can Trust
                          sigpic

Comment

i'm going to go with the Doctor.
                            he has the ability to travel anywhere in time and space and
                            he also has almost infinite knowledge, and a sonic screwdriver!
                            To the Mandatorium!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
                              What is the differnce? I know a lot about Marvel but I don't really like Marvel so could you let me know

Also Goku is pathetic compared to sentry or superman but Sentry can beat Superman
                              Precrisis... is the cheesy unbeaterble omnipotent incarnation of superman who most people know him as who could fly so fast he could travel back in time and basicly juggle planets and do other crazy crap depending on the writer

however after the crisis of infinate earths Supes got a major power reduction and is more like we know him today (still damn powerful but isnt the omnipotent monster who grew powers out of his butt every other week)
                              Last edited by kharn the betrayer; 19 April 2007, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X