X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Human Evolution before Ancension

Greetings;

I am making a mod for C&C 3. I am adding 5 new sides to the game, Ancient, Wraith, Ori, Goauld, Earth. What i was wondering is if there was a technical name for beings like
    Spoiler:
    Rodney when he was affected by the Ancient Device in Atlantis.
    They are still technical humans but they are superior. The Goauld would have called them "Hok'taur" but i am wondering if there is a Ancient term.
    Last edited by Darkwander; 13 April 2007, 09:52 PM.

First put up spoilers because that episode for Rodney is not shown in America yet

Second I don't think so. I think they just call them advanecd humans, or near ascension or something. But I do not believe I have heard a technical name by the Ancinets

Third can I get this Mod?
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Fixed Spoilers:

As for the term, i don't suppose you would have any more ideas on what i can call them.

Comment

Well the Ori equivilent is Prior (advanced powers and stuff) and in the episode of SG-1 with Khalek in it they mostly just call him more evolutionarily advanced and physiologically like priors, sometimes the missing link between humans and ancients, mentally developed, pre ascended human, etc. They never really name him at all... if you want an ancient name for it you could just look up an online english to latin (or ancient if you can find one) translator and put in "advanced" or "evolved" or something like that and use whatever the latin word is as the name.

Comment

Don't think you can quite put a quantitative label on it. And I don't think the Ancients did either. When Weir went back 10,000 years. While they did not view her as one of their own people. They did view her as the same race.

Anyway you slice it. We're human, and they were human. You'd probably have to identify the true scope of the evolution by their psychological attributes, such as brain activity and various abilities. They were still the same species though.

Comment

homo-superior

thats our next step anyways
            Visit my Website

Comment

If you are looking to make a few units with different abilities, you could look up the latin words for "Healer", "Mover", "Mind Reader" etc and name the units off what they are. (for the Ancient group).

Comment

Not really sure if there is a term for it. If you want a link to use, well I found this: http://www.ordotempli.org/latin_dictionary.htm though its not a quick search through it so... will post if I find anything though.

Good luck on the mod also, could you post us a link here so we can also keep track of it?

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Yea, so far i am still doing all the pre planning, working out which units are which and what are some of the abilities. However i will post a new reply soon that will give you a look at some of the new Races...

Comment

Below is what i have so far for the Ancients Infantry:

Ancient Warrior
                    Ancient Warriors are the mainstay of Ancients ground force, capable of digging cover to protect themselves – and other infantry – when defending a position.
                    Abilities: Dig in, Call for Jumper
                    Upgrades: Personal Shield

Security Officer
                    Highly trained by few in numbers they carry Ancient Hand Weapons and are effective against infantry. They are also capable of digging cover to protect themselves – and other infantry – when defending a position.
                    Abilities: Dig in, Call for Jumper, Clear Garrisoned Structure

Engineer
                    Engineer are capable of capture enemy facilities, repair Ancient structures and damage bridges. However due to their slow movement rate and vulnerability, however it’s a good idea to offer them protection whenever possible.
                    Abilities: Call for Jumper

Pre Ascended Human
                    Pre Ascended Human are the last evolution before ascension. Pre Ascended Human are highly mobile, well protected and very well trained. Capable of destroying units, vehicles with a simple wave of their hand.
                    Abilities: Ion Storm, Call for Jumper
                    Requirements: Field Ordnance Supply

Ascended Being
                    Ascended Beings are completely invisible when stationary and are capable of surviving in otherwise uninhabitable environments. Ascended Beings are highly mobile, well protected and very well trained. Capable of destroying units, vehicles with a wave of their hand, they are also able to taking control of enemy units.
                    Abilities: Teleport Units, Manipulator Device, Ion Storm
                    Requirements: Research Lab

** Offcorse depending on how much we can mod C&C 3 will depend on if i can add all these abilities and might be able to even add more.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkwander View Post
                      Ascended Being
                      Ascended Beings are completely invisible when stationary and are capable of surviving in otherwise uninhabitable environments. Ascended Beings are highly mobile, well protected and very well trained. Capable of destroying units, vehicles with a wave of their hand, they are also able to taking control of enemy units.
                      Abilities: Teleport Units, Manipulator Device, Ion Storm
                      Requirements: Research Lab
                      Hehe only problem is that one of these guys could wipe any opposing army out with a wave of his hand unless his enemies had an ascended aswell and then neither side could ever win, since neither could die.

Comment

The Ion storm only last for about 30 seconds and it dosnt move, it says in the same area, while it will be able to kill men, ships and alike will just be damaged and not destoryed. Plus the Ori have the same units as well and i will make it so that the Ascended beings can be killed...

Comment

Below is what i have so far for the Ori Infantry:

Ori Warriors
                          Ori Warriors are the mainstay of the Ori ground forces, capable of digging a foxhole to protect themselves – and other infantry – when defending a position.
                          Abilities: Dig in, Call for Ori Fighters
                          Upgrades: Ceramic Polymer

Ori Security Officer
                          Ori Security Officer, the natural counterpart to Ori Warriors, provide essential support fire. Their heavy anti-vehicle and Anti-aircraft weapons make them slower then Infantry squad the thus vulnerable to enemy attacks.
                          Abilities: Call for Ori Fighters

Prior
                          Prior can capture enemy facilities, repair Ori structures and damage bridges. Due to their slow movement rate and vulnerability, however, it’s a good idea to offer them protection whenever possible.

Orici (only one at a time)
                          Human embodiment of the Ori, conceived by the ascended to "carry the flag" and usher their armies into the Milky Way Galaxy. She is also known as Orici ("From one all will learn").
                          Abilities: Manipulation, Ion Storm, Call for Ori Fighters
                          Upgrades: Personal Shield, Healing

Ascended Being
                          A race of ascended entities who demand the worship of mortal beings. The Ori were once the same civilization as the Alterans, but (for want of a better term) believed in religion, where the Alterans relied more heavily on science. A gap was eventually bridged between the cultures. In consequence the Alterans left for the Milky way Galaxy (to later be known as the Ancients).
                          Abilities: Teleport, Manipulation, Ion Storm
                          Upgrades: Healing

Comment

Below is what i have so far for the Earth Infantry:

Infantry Squad
                            Infantry Squads are the mainstay of the Earth ground forces, capable of digging a foxhole to protect themselves – and other infantry – when defending a position.

Heavy-Weapons
                            Heavy-Weapons squad, the natural counterpart to Infantry Squad, provide essential support fire. Their heavy anti-vehicle and Anti-aircraft weapons make them slower then Infantry squad the thus vulnerable to enemy attacks.

Scientists
                            Scientists can capture enemy facilities, repair Earth structures and damage bridges. Due to their slow movement rate and vulnerability, however, it’s a good idea to offer them protection whenever possible.

Demolitions Squad
                            Demolitions Squad serve as Earths close-assault infantry. They are extremely difficult to suppress and can quickly clear enemy squads out of garrisoned structures with their high-powered, rocket-assisted grenades.
                            Requirements: Command Post
                            Abilities: Call for Jumper, Clear Garrisoned Structure

Sniper Team
                            Sniper Teams can kill most infantry from long range with a single well-placed shot and are trained in reconnaissance tactics such as stealth and artillery target spotting.

Special Ops
                            Special Ops are unmatched when fighting enemy infantry. Their explosives can demolish structures and even large vehicles.
                            Abilities: Explosive Charge, Call for Jumper

Black Ops
                            Black Ops are completely invisible when stationary thanks to the Personal Cloak and are capable of surviving in otherwise uninhabitable environments due to their Personal Shield.
                            Abilities: Call for Jumper, Personal Cloak, Personal Shield
                            Requirements: Tech Centre, Field Ordnance Supply

Comment

Jaffa Warriors
                              Jaffa Squads are the mainstay of the Goa’uld ground forces, capable of digging a foxhole to protect themselves – and other infantry – when defending a position.
                              Abilities: Dig in, Troop Transport, Tel'tak

Jaffa Engineer
                              Jaffa Engineer can capture enemy facilities, repair Goa’uld structures and damage bridges. Due to their slow movement rate and vulnerability, however, it’s a good idea to offer them protection whenever possible.
                              Abilities: Troop Transport, Tel'tak

Jaffa Shock Grenade Squad
                              Jaffa Shock Grenade Squad serve as Goa’uld close-assault infantry. They are extremely difficult to suppress and can quickly clear enemy squads out of garrisoned structures with their high-powered, grenades.

Kull Warriors
                              Kull Warriors can kill most infantry from long range with a single well-placed shot and are trained in reconnaissance tactics such as stealth and artillery target spotting. They are heavy armoured and are capable of healing.

Ashraks (Only one at a time)
                              Ashraks are unmatched when fighting enemy infantry. Their explosives can demolish structures and even large vehicles. They are also equipped with a cloak and sometimes a personal shield
                              Upgrades: Personal Cloak

Hok'taur
                              Hok'taur are generally understood to be human beings with extra-sensory abilities, from telepathy to telekinesis. They are equipped with a Personal Shield and can regenerate.

Comment

Working...
                              X