This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is going to happen after unending #Spoilers#

I mean the oddessy is now more then capable of singlehandedly crushing 2 Ori ships at the same time. So I wonderd if we are now going to use the oddessy to start gunning Ori ships? !I mean Adria said we have been building *dozens* of new ships, but if we start throwing ship after ship on the garbage pile I dont think there is much the Ori can do.!

if you watch again the oddesy was almost destroyed so if they have been building new ships and they came then the oddesy can't do much then knock one maybe two ships before it is destroyed.

Comment

I think if we were to take the route of going on the offensive it would have to be via a series of strategic hit and run attacks.

We could use our allies and other ships to locate lone Ori ships and the send the Odyssey. They could drop out of hyperspace behind them and destroy them before they can turn and fire their main weapon. It would appear, from Unending, that the Priors have forgotten how to use their secondary weapons!

Hopefully, researching the Asgard database will provide us with other technologies that we could use - advanced mines, automated attack drones, etc - but nothing imho we will be able to use within 6-12 months at the earliest as there would be a steep learning curve in developing these technologies and learning how to build them with resources we have available.

Comment

Well JM said on his blog that we are going to see (Ark of truth)
        Spoiler:
        a few space battles in the movie so im sure Odyssey will own a few more ori ships!

It could be used to hunt down and destroy lone, or small groups (say 2) of ori ships like talyn2k1 has suggested! It could then break off and recharge its shields and do it all over again! But I dont think where going to see this happen.
        sigpic
        By *E*K*R*

Comment

Well here's what I want to know that would make worlds of difference. The Asgard said "we are giving you everything....." Did that include their ships? I mean they didn't say as much, but it would seem awful illogical of them to destroy their ships and stuff KNOWING the pickle the SGC is facing. They gave them everything they could fit in one ship..... why not other ships too? Too much balance tipping in the storyline that way? Hey, were 10 episodes from the end, balance tipping is what we need

Comment

Well, it all depends on whether or not the Tau'ri are able to decipher the Asgard database and reverse-engineer their most advanced technologies which were installed on the Odyssey.

If they can't do that, then I honestly can't see the Odyssey putting even a dent in the Ori worshipper's war machine, considering the fact that they were implied to have been constructing thousands, if not tens of thousands of battlecruisers.

Comment

From what I understand, the movie will take place a while after "Unending," so hopefully the other ships will be upgraded by then.

Comment

they have a AESTH so it is much easy'er to find out how things work and how to make them work.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord of Nightmares View Post
                  Well, it all depends on whether or not the Tau'ri are able to decipher the Asgard database and reverse-engineer their most advanced technologies which were installed on the Odyssey.

If they can't do that, then I honestly can't see the Odyssey putting even a dent in the Ori worshipper's war machine, considering the fact that they were implied to have been constructing thousands, if not tens of thousands of battlecruisers.

There is no deciphering to be done, this database was DESIGNED specifically for humans to be able to use. Thats what Thor has spent the last year doing. Deciphering is unnecessary, the sheer wealth of information is what will be hard to sift through.
                  www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo-DR View Post
                    There is no deciphering to be done, this database was DESIGNED specifically for humans to be able to use. Thats what Thor has spent the last year doing. Deciphering is unnecessary, the sheer wealth of information is what will be hard to sift through.
                    Guess I didn't word it clearly enough, what I meant was whether or not humans would be able to *comprehend* what's in the database despite being able to read it, since Asgard technology is lightyears ahead of ours. Hence the bit about me posting that it also depended on whether they would be able to reverse-engineer it.

Comment

As previously stated, Thor spent a year making it so we could understand it. We've come a long way in the past 10 years. We at least have the basic understanding of how the technology works. When we hit a roadblock, just ask Thor hologram, "Hey i don't get it. Whatcha mean? How do I make this?"
                      That's the plan?!? That's the plan. That plan sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by Lord of Nightmares View Post

well, we know from crusade, that they had at least a dozen battlecruisers being built at that one site. And that was just one of many..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                          well, we know from crusade, that they had at least a dozen battlecruisers being built at that one site. And that was just one of many..
                          Tau'ri battle cruisers ??

Comment

^ I think he meant the ori battle cruisers.
                            sigpic
                            By *E*K*R*

Comment

Lol ok thanks i was getting excited there aswel

Comment

Working...
                              X