This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boxset for Atlantis Season 1 compared to season 2

Is it just me or is Season 1 a complete piece of trash compared to season 2's box set.
    I don't if I just got a bad version or something but not being able to select chapters in season 1 was a pain.

Season 2 has better menus, the ability to select chapters and has the commentaries.

I think season 1 should be re-realeased considering its quailty.

Yes, season two was a far better, much higher quality release (I actually hadn't even thought of the fact that season one has no scene selection until you mentioned it ), though I don't see the point in re-releasing season one just to fix up the menu options, etc.

Comment

Season 2 is much better quality wise. I wouldn't rebuy it, but they probably should update it for future releases.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Watson View Post
        Season 2 is much better quality wise. I wouldn't rebuy it, but they probably should update it for future releases.
        I'm sure they will update the Season 1 material for the Blu-Ray release.

Comment

In my season one I think you can scene select. And it has extras and commentaries... Maybe I got an updated version?
          sigpic

Comment

My two boxsets are entirely comparable.

S1 - Quite good, lots of features and easy to use menus

S2 - Menus are crap, and are infact completely missing from volume 1 (since it'll be a DVD batch problem, there's no point taking it back because they'll all have the same fault) causing me to have to repeately press the 'next' button.

However, the picture is far sharper for season 2.
            sigpic
            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
              My two boxsets are entirely comparable.

S1 - Quite good, lots of features and easy to use menus

S2 - Menus are crap, and are infact completely missing from volume 1 (since it'll be a DVD batch problem, there's no point taking it back because they'll all have the same fault) causing me to have to repeately press the 'next' button.

However, the picture is far sharper for season 2.
              I take it the British releases are quite different then because with the North America sets it's the other way around.

Comment

Indeed. The menus on Season 2 are awesome. I could just sit all day watching them....
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X