This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you were fighting the Replicators...

if you were fighting the Replicators...both the human type and the bug type... how would you stop them?
    Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
    ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
    Card designed by Falcon Horus

.... .... Magnets...

Comment

With a gun? the human ones, id run a way from. You cant kill those things with stuff we have.
      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

ARW Rifle with a modulator chip?
        That's the plan?!? That's the plan. That plan sucks!

Comment

^

Each alternate one would just adapt to the new frequency (unless you mean the weapon actually changes its frequency after each shot), and we know how fast those jokers are capable of multiplying. Of course, there might come a point where we actually run out of frequency variations, and it might even be possible that the Replicators have adapted to all the aforementioned frequencies by that point, making the weapon ineffective after that.

Personally, I'd just run for dear life and let them have what they want, unless I have access to an ARW with a simultaneous planet-wide effect.

Although against the Asurans (whom I personally find to be weaker as compared to their human-form Replicator descendants), I'd probably use an amplified (possibly via naquadah/naquadriah) version of Ronon's energy weapon.

Comment

I'd just use the Dakara weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord of Nightmares View Post
              ^

Each alternate one would just adapt to the new frequency (unless you mean the weapon actually changes its frequency after each shot), and we know how fast those jokers are capable of multiplying. Of course, there might come a point where we actually run out of frequency variations, and it might even be possible that the Replicators have adapted to all the aforementioned frequencies by that point, making the weapon ineffective after that.

Personally, I'd just run for dear life and let them have what they want, unless I have access to an ARW with a simultaneous planet-wide effect.

Although against the Asurans (whom I personally find to be weaker as compared to their human-form Replicator descendants), I'd probably use an amplified (possibly via naquadah/naquadriah) version of Ronon's energy weapon.
              yup, i meant the ARW would change freqs after each shot, randomly, so as to keep them guessing. it's just something to buy time. eventually they'd figure out the frequency range of the weapon anyways. at which point, it's kiss your *ss goodbye and hope you ascend when you die.
              That's the plan?!? That's the plan. That plan sucks!

Comment

... ... Supersoaker XR-300?

Comment

Womble's Ultimate Anti-Replicator Strategy

Components required:

1)A computer.
                  2)A brain wave scanner
                  3)A powerful transmitter capable of uploading data into the Replicator data link
                  4)A spider
                  5)A little girl who is really, really afraid of spiders
                  6)A broom

Application:

1)Connect the brain wave scanner to the computer
                  2)Connect the little girl to the brain wave scanner.
                  3)Show the spider to the little girl and record the resulting brain waves pattern via the scanner into the computer
                  4)Connect the transmitter to the computer and upload the recorded brain waves into the Replicator data link
                  5)Fetch the broom and clean up the pieces after the Replicators destroy themselves in a fit of arachnophobic self-hatred.
                  If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Take a gun.
                    Hide in some corner of your room.
                    Use 7 of your 8 shots on the spiders.
                    If that isn't all of them, shoot yourself so you don't have to feel the relipcators making blocks out of your flesh.

That last one is a ghastly thought.
                    http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
                    The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

Like this?

Fry: I heard that one time you single-handedly defeated a horde of rampaging somethings in the something-something-system.

Zapp: The Killbots? A trifle! It was simply a matter of outsmarting them.

Fry: Wow! I never would have thought of that!

Zapp: You see, Killbots have a preset kill limit. Knowing their weakness, I sent wave after wave of my own men at them, until they reached their limit and shutdown.
                      I think it's a rather brilliant suggestion myself.
                      "May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places where you must walk." - Susan Ivanova

"The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest. " - Citizen G'Kar

"I will see you again, in the place where no shadows fall." - Delenn

Comment

Originally posted by Orion's Star View Post
                        Like this?

I think it's a rather brilliant suggestion myself.
                        As long as you don't tell the troops the plan....

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

if im about to be over run by spider replicators i quickly stand still and put my ups up and pretend im a tree!!
                          sigpic

Comment

I'd pretend to be a human form replicator. The ultimate disguise.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post

I'd pretend to be a human form replicator. The ultimate disguise.
                              LOL that is so funny
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X