This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2007 SPACEY Awards voting now open!

It's the most wonderful time of the year again- time to make your picks for the 2007 SPACEYS!

http://www.spacecast.com/microsites/spaceys07/

Some of those nominations are downright weird - since when was 24 sci-fi or fantasy? Is there some twist coming up that I've not seen yet - Jack fights off an alien invasion, or something? (although he did do an impression of a vampire...)

Normally I'd be voting for 24, but since it's meant to be sci-fi awards, I feel like I should be voting for Lost and Atlantis. (and where the Sokar is SG-1?)

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
      Some of those nominations are downright weird - since when was 24 sci-fi or fantasy? Is there some twist coming up that I've not seen yet - Jack fights off an alien invasion, or something? (although he did do an impression of a vampire...)

Normally I'd be voting for 24, but since it's meant to be sci-fi awards, I feel like I should be voting for Lost and Atlantis. (and where the Sokar is SG-1?)

Yeah, I was wondering where SG-1 was as well.....the only nomination was for Vala. (in a category Gaius baltar should clearly win ) I don't think 24 had any nominations last year.....(that I remember)

My tough choice is going to be between Mckay and Starbuck for best character. How is one supposed to choose!

Though I think a David Hewlett acceptance speech would be most fun to watch.

Comment

I was having issues between Hiro and Rodney...

Spoiler:
        Voted for Rodney.

To see a picture of me in the Miss Teen America pageant, click here.

Comment

Well, in the end, I just 'ignored' the fact that 24 was there and voted for Atlantis as Best Show and Rodney as Best Character. Couldn't vote for Vala, as I don't "Love to Hate" her, I just plain love her... (went for Sawyer)

Comment

I'm holing off on voting because I just can't decide.....

Pssst. Children of Men for best movie.

Comment

No Adm. Adama? No Saul Tigh?

Blasphemy says I!
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

oo excellent for the link

i am not voting for BSG i don't like that show at all

won't be watching 24...

so that narrows it down quite a bit

i love spacey time
                Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post

Maybe you have not looked too hard at the General Sci-Fi and Fantasy sub-forum before?

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=28973

"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places where you must walk." - Susan Ivanova

"The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest. " - Citizen G'Kar

"I will see you again, in the place where no shadows fall." - Delenn

Comment

SG-1 is clearly the greatest! hmm rodney rodney rodney, what will they nominate you for next?? anyways you know where my votes lie!!

Rodney all the way (best character invented probly)

Dave

http://stargatefan1.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thank you!
                      You put up a thread for this! I just wrote a note on another thread asking if anyone knew how to get to the spacey awards.

Rodney all the way! I agree!
                      I just could not vote for Vala though. I love her, I do not hate her. Why is she in that catigory?
                      Music and Stargate
                      sigpic
                      Perfection

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake View Post
                        Thank you!
                        You put up a thread for this! I just wrote a note on another thread asking if anyone knew how to get to the spacey awards.

Rodney all the way! I agree!
                        I just could not vote for Vala though. I love her, I do not hate her. Why is she in that catigory?
                        I don't think her being in that category makes any sense either. Baltar's got my vote all the way.

Comment

i dont know why vala is in the love to hate catagory- i didnt vote in a few. Why is Jack bauer or Teal'c/jack not in the kick-ass character section!!!!?
                          I voted for atlantis fav tv show but where was stargate SG-1!? that would be my first choice
                          Thankyou SG-1 for 10 great years!
                          sigpic
                          sig made by kidwizz

join Stargate Atlantis: save the lost city and lets get our show back

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                            It's the most wonderful time of the year again- time to make your picks for the 2007 SPACEYS!

http://www.spacecast.com/microsites/spaceys07/
                            After posting about this elsewhere it occurred to me that maybe I should start a thread for it here. Thanks for starting it .

I love these awards. I voted for McKay as Fave Character and Atlantis as Fave Show. I thought it was wrong to put Vala in the love to hate catergories. That is just weird.
                            sigpic
                            Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

Very awkward nominees

Comment

Working...
                              X