X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Painkiller Jane

Hi,

I don't see yet a thread for this show, so here it is!
    More info about this show can be found here:
    http://www.scifi.com/painkillerjane

In the near future — with the world locked in an escalating battle against terrorism and beleaguered by social and economic unrest — an unlikely hero has emerged: Jane Vasko, a.k.a. Painkiller Jane (Kristanna Loken).

Once the DEA's top agent, Jane Vasko is formidable, both mentally and physically. As a child, her father nicknamed her Painkiller Jane, describing her ability to mentally push through even the most painful situations. But her strength is about to be tested.

Jane is recruited by a covert government agency dedicated to containing and, if necessary, neutralizing the threat of "Neuros" — individuals with superhuman neurological powers. No one knows what caused the aberrations that led to their enhanced abilities, which range from from telekinesis and telepathic suggestion to induced hallucinations.
    The show is beginning this Friday the 13th!!
    Cool date for the beginning of a show!

And here is an interview with Noah Danby:
    http://www.thescifiworld.net/intervi...h_danby_01.htm
    Noah is playing the jaffa Cha'ra in Stargate SG-1 (4 episodes), including the upcoming episode (for US viewers) "Bounty".
    He is now a main cast actor in the coming soon TV show "Painkiller Jane", playing Connor King.
    Last edited by Wallpaperman; 16 April 2007, 12:10 PM.
    Gilles
    http://www.thescifiworld.net

Amanda Tapping interview
    Ben Browder interview
    Beau Bridges interview

I watched the premier this weekend and have to say it was horrible. The acting was some of the worst I have ever seen and the story line was not done well at all. I usualy try and give shows a second chance but I wont be doing it with this one. I like most of the original series and mini series that Sci-fi does but this one just did not do it for me at all.

Comment

My teen son and I sat through two wonderful episodes of SG1 and SGA, then THIS came on. After 10 minutes my son asked if he could change channels.

This was probably the worst thing I've seen on TV, ever, and I only watched to the first commercial.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Gosh, and here I was thinking it was pretty good. LOL! Not famtastic, no, but few things are these days. Folks have been damning this show to the ninth circle of Hell ever since SG-1 got cancelled, which only made me more curious. Could the show possibly be the festering pile of maggot crap everyone assured me it was, or could there be a diamond in the roughage?

Well, I dunno about diamonds, but there were at least enough sparkly bits to keep me from grabbing up torch and pitchfork to join the mob. It's a bit early for me to decide if I'll make Painkiller Jane a part of my regular viewing schedule, but as long as I can remember to watch it, I probably will. Unless things get REALLY bad. *shrug*

Comment

Me and my wife both went in with an open mind and expecting to see something decent. Sci Fi has had some good shows that we realy enjoy but this one let us down. It was realy that bad (and I will watch almost anything LOL).

Comment

This really stunk.

Comment

Yes, this is bad, bad, bad. Bad acting, bad writing, bad concept. The fact it aired after the two vastly superior shows only highlighted how awful it is. The only thing I gained from watching what little of it I did was the certain knowledge that Loken is a much better actor when she doesn't have lines.

This needs to go away. Fast.

Comment

Ah, see? The whole "vastly superior shows" thing makes me think there's a bit of a grudge there.

But hey, to each his/her own. *shrug* My standards are low enough to enjoy PKJ, but not low enough to enjoy Stargate. Others are just the reverse.

It's just nice to have something to watch on Friday nights now that Psych is over for the season. Maybe it'll all fall apart in the next ep or so, but I plan to enjoy it while I can.

Plus it's kinda fun to be on the other side for a change: loving a show that everyone else hates.

Comment

Personally, I'm kind of indifferent to it. It definitely wasn't great by any meaning of the word. But I've seen worse on Sci-Fi. Much worse. I'm still unsure if I'll watch the next episode or not this Friday.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I thought the writing was horrid.
                    sigpic

Comment

I tried to give the show an honest try. But scifi original movies tend to be, at best, horrid. I expected no better, and unfortunately, that's what i got. I lost interest after the first 25 minutes. Though i left the TV on sciffy for the rest of the premiere, i didn't pay attention to it.

If sciffy actually bothered to STOP producing horrid B-movie flicks and tv series, and perhps focused their efforts on prducing (or obtaiing) quality material, then i would beg to differ. Until then, most of the "scifi original" anything (movie or TV series) will pretty much be the same: horrid.

Comment

It was OK. Not great, not as horrific as I imagined it would be. If there is nothing else on then I might watch it again. The lead actress is pretty wooden and the dialogue isn't great, but it is a moderately interesting premise.

The head of the special unit is fairly handsome & charismatic, so I might just keep watching it for shallow fangirl reasons if nothing else.

Comment

I turned this off when our "heroine" fantasized shooting all her playground peers. It disturbed me last Friday, and then three days later we get Virginia Tech. I don't need crap writing like this. Never again. Ever.

Comment

Originally posted by GateLadyM View Post
                            I turned this off when our "heroine" fantasized shooting all her playground peers. It disturbed me last Friday, and then three days later we get Virginia Tech. I don't need crap writing like this. Never again. Ever.
                            That sounds just.....wrong.

Can't say I'm disappointed/surprised that this didn't come to any channel up here, the promos on youtube looked bleh.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                              That sounds just.....wrong.

Can't say I'm disappointed/surprised that this didn't come to any channel up here, the promos on youtube looked bleh.
                              It was sick. This girl picks up a rifle and kills every kid in a playground because they laughed at her, then she turns around with a smile on her face, and a voice over says something like, "I had to learn to overcome my urges." That's when I turned it off. Now I look back on it and it just turns my stomach. The show needs to be pulled.

Comment

Working...
                              X