This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which is stronger AntiMatter Core or Z.P.M

Has one looked into this ?Which is stronger or which would be easier to make ?Well with todays tech we can make Anti-Matter ,But if add in the technolgy of the Asgard .A starship with a a Anti_matter would be easier to build than a Ship with a ZPM .Since we don't know how to make on yet .I know rodney tried and wond up putting out Exotic particles out in another Dimension .

Which would be easier for the construction of a Fleet of ships.Hell Fisson Cores also .Ion cores Which would the earth use ?

There are multiple questions & answers here.

Inch-for-inch, I've never seen anything (on SciFi) with the power of a ZPM. An overload can demolish a solar system, enough said. It could power an entire city for centuries.

A big enough Neutrino Ion Generator could generate more power (hypothetically), but one of comparable size couldn't compare.
    sigpic
    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
    ~David Hewlett

Comment

i would have to go with anti mater becouse we can use that once rodney learns how to mass produce ZPM's we will start to get very powerful ships xxDDD

Comment

Ok I just looked a little into Anit-Matter and found a few interesting things, such as One pound of Anit-Matter could power the US for 2 days. Now
        Spoiler:
        In the Road not taken, The total power of the US came up short for powering the ancient defenses, but it could power merlins phase shifter for the whole planet.
        That energy requirement must have been huge, but not as high as a ZPM. but Anti-Matter can produce more energy if theres more of it so the more of the Anti-matter there is, the more energy that can be created is available.
        sigpic

Comment

how come TPTB have not mentioned antimatter/matter in SG-verse in any of the races? You would think the most advanced races e.g Anicents and Asgard would have done some with Anitmatter/matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Iambob View Post
            Ok I just looked a little into Anit-Matter and found a few interesting things, such as One pound of Anit-Matter could power the US for 2 days. Now
            Spoiler:
            In the Road not taken, The total power of the US came up short for powering the ancient defenses, but it could power merlins phase shifter for the whole planet.
            That energy requirement must have been huge, but not as high as a ZPM. but Anti-Matter can produce more energy if theres more of it so the more of the Anti-matter there is, the more energy that can be created is available.
            Ok well I think you've forgot to mention that it's increatably unstable and with just the slightest touch it could flatten the US in 2 seconds. A rather dangerous power source.

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

Doesn't it turn into energy (blow up) as soon as it comes into contact with 'normal' matter?

Comment

That's the point else you couldn't use it for energy creation

Comment

Originally posted by Capricorn_One View Post
                  how come TPTB have not mentioned antimatter/matter in SG-verse in any of the races? You would think the most advanced races e.g Anicents and Asgard would have done some with Anitmatter/matter.
                  I think because the antimatter thing has been done before (Star Trek anyone?). They didn't want to get confused with it, probably.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                    Doesn't it turn into energy (blow up) as soon as it comes into contact with 'normal' matter?
                    Exactly. It would explode with the force of a nuclear bomb. The only thing we could use it for is the Mk. 10 'Planet Buster'

p.s. I'm not kidding.

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

Originally posted by Capricorn_One View Post
                      Because anti-matter costs as much power to make as it will deliver (excluding loss).

So unless the Ancients found a huge stack of anti-matter somewhere (which probably does not exist, seeing as the collision of an anti-matter particle and a normal particle will result in anti-matter annihialation), it's only useful for storing energy, like a battery.

Now we don't know if a ZedPM is actually creatable without the energy it delivers, if it is not, it is probably easier to contain than anti-matter, and if it is why use the anti-matter.

Comment

it would be too inconvient to make for power, but for a weapon it would be worth it. But fusion power is more powerful than a ZPM and last longer.

Comment

There's a reason that everyonce in a while in star trek that you see the reactor go up in a flash. If for even the briefest moment the magnetic containment field were to fail god only knows how much damage would be done by the explosion of the antimatter colliding with the regular matter.

A very wise man once said...."Reality is an illusion created by a lack of Alcohol."

Comment

Originally posted by SG-17 View Post
                            it would be too inconvient to make for power, but for a weapon it would be worth it. But fusion power is more powerful than a ZPM and last longer.
                            i don't know if fussion power is better atleast when you try to make a fussion reactor the size of a zpm i don't think it would give as much power
                            when size is not an issue then fussion or AM/M reactor would be better
                            but both have the same problem atleast with a self sutained fussion that if the containment field goes the thing will explode

Comment

Originally posted by Iambob View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              Zero point energy is thane more power full a volume of 1 Litter is enough to make all the oceans vaporise
                              sorry cant spell

Comment

Working...
                              X