The real reason behind Ascended Non-Interference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The real reason behind Ascended Non-Interference

Dunno if its occured to anyone else, but, I got to thinking about how and why such a state of mind came to being. The timeline is abit fuzzy I'll admit. Wikipedia proposes that Ascension was both discovered and well underway by the time that the Alterrans made way for the Milkyway and that the ascended Alterrans shielded their evacuation caravan. But it was never explicitly stated that that was the case. Only that Ascension was possible and that a philosophical debate rose among their people in the Ori homegalaxy. Besides, the Alterrans believed Ascension was possible only through science and evolution. Not really enough time to evolve durring a civil war, eh?

Additionally. This is making the assumption that there were not 'Others' ascended at that point in time, before the Alterrans and Ori began to ascend, possibly from older, far more ancient races, ect. That would impose their own rules upon the ascending Altera and Ori. Besides such an assumption does not account for the Ori completely ignoring the stipulation of non-interference. So it appears to be a strictly Ancient/Alterran taboo. Therefore self-imposed.

That said, despite all their enlightenment. I seriously doubt that the Ancients began ascending and immediately took to non-interference. So, I'm infering that something had to happen. And this is the scenario I see having taken place.

( Projected dates are arbitrary ofcourse )

~20,000,100 years ago : Discovery of potential ability to ascend
    ~20,000,080 years ago : Schism forms in Ori Society on the fundamentals of Ascension
    ~20,000,020 years ago : Ori Civil War with the Alterra
    ~20,000,000 years ago : Alterrans depart Ori Homegalaxy
    ~19,500,000 years ago : Alterrans arrive in Milkyway and begin exploring it. Eventually settling on Earth and founding a great and prosperous empire as they and their people endeavor to evolve, become all that they can be and know all that can be known. The Goal. Ascension.
    ~10,000,000 years ago : The First Alterrans begin ascending.
    ~9,700,000 years ago : With many Alterrans ascended and actively aiding their people on the lower plains. Their activity goes up like a smoke signal, drawing unwantted attention... The Ori, who have also ascended.
    ~9,500,000 years ago : Ori devise and send resilent pathogen to the Milkyway, dealing a decisive first strike against the Alterrans.
    - The plague spreads and infects vast swathes of the Alterran Empire. Several Sectors are successfully quarintined, including the Cityship Atlantis.
    - The Ascended Ancient decern the true nature of the Pathogen and realize it was they who drew the Ori's wrath.
    - In council with the Ascended Alterrans, the Ancients take steps to erradicate the plague, and in the process seed or reseed life throughout the galaxy.
    - Atlantis and potentially other Cityships depart the Milkyway as the Dekara device washes away all traces of the Ori Pathogen. Leaving the Milkyway a desolate, lifeless galaxy for some time, before a new genesis begins.
    - The Ascended Ancients take to actively cloaking the Milkyway and surrounding Galaxies from Ori attention. Non-interferrence adopted in order to reduce the risk of future attempts by the Ori.

So... Thoughts? Or am I completely off my rocker?

I actually like it..

Comment

Its actually a really good theory!

We could find out in Ark of Truth what really happened! Well heres hoping anyway
      sigpic
      By *E*K*R*

Comment

I like it to

Comment

Problem: the oldest milky way stargates are 50,000,000 years old, so the Ancients would've had to leave the Ori galaxy before that.

Comment

-scratching head- ... Ohya... -looks sheepish- My bad... I forgot... I forgot.

At anyrate. Like I noted before I outlined it. The dates were arbitrary. But I completely forgot 50,000,000 years as the specific figure. I'm pleased though that you brought that point to my attention though. Thankyou PG15. I've been brainstroming a Stargate crossover with Babylon5 and knowing about the Tau'ri' equivalent of 'first ones' and their being able to cow the Vorlons and Shadows is important for the story.

Comment

You're welcome. I guess for once completely useless encyclopedia knowledge of Stargate actually helps.

Comment

Was the Asgard Galaxy (Ida) hidden from them? We know that Pegasus & the Milky Way were, but those were the Ancient's domain. It's been explicitly stated that the Ascended Ancients DO NOT inhabit Ida.

Or was it just that the Ori figured with the Asgard's limited & stagnant population, and them being on an equal technological level, their galaxy wasn't worth the effort?
                sigpic
                "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                ~David Hewlett

Comment

Where was that ever stated? Because that's news to me. And I suspect that the Ancients are probably shrouding the entire local galaxy cluster.

Comment

I liked it, good little write up.
                    Disliked a recent episode?
                    Hate the current season Stargate Atlantis or SG1?
                    The writers killed off your favourite character?

Well suck it up Cupcake. It is only a Television Show.

Comment

Originally posted by Gen_J_O'Neill View Post
                      Its actually a really good theory!

We could find out in Ark of Truth what really happened! Well heres hoping anyway
                      I hope we find out in Ark of Truth as well. About a lot of things actually.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

The time dilation field seen in "Epiphany" had a ratio of ~250 to 1, which means 250,000 years passed since the Ancients lost the war. Seeing as the last of their followers ascended that quickly, I doubt it took the Alterrans 10 million years.

Comment

250,000 years? Where the frak did you dredge that up? Check your references boy! 8,000 BC! That's NOT 250,000 years! That's 10,000 years. And the war with the Wraith lasted only 100 years. Sure it took those people less time to Ascend, (by the way ~250 to 1 was a guestimate) but they were also following a path that was pioneered by the Ancients. The Ancients left the basics behind for others to follow in their path. Furthermore, you have to remember that Ascension also has a voluntary component to it. Otherwise all the Ancients would have ascended, regardless, and ceased to be a race on this plain of existence long before they got to the Pegasus galaxy. Remember, not everyone is into all that 'Eternity' snaz and stuff!

Those people in the time dialation field. That was WHY THEY WERE THERE! To ascend!

Comment

250,000 years? Where the frak did you dredge that up? Check your references boy! 8,000 BC! That's NOT 250,000 years! That's 10,000 years. And the war with the Wraith lasted only 100 years.
                            10,000 years outside the time dilation field = 2.5 million years inside as it was ~250 to 1.
                            The Ancients left the basics behind for others to follow in their path. Furthermore, you have to remember that Ascension also has a voluntary component to it. Otherwise all the Ancients would have ascended, regardless, and ceased to be a race on this plain of existence long before they got to the Pegasus galaxy. Remember, not everyone is into all that 'Eternity' snaz and stuff!

Those people in the time dialation field. That was WHY THEY WERE THERE! To ascend!
                            How does that take away the fact that it took the Alterrans 10 Million years (according to you) and their followers only 2.5 million (was late when I calculated that)?

Comment

-scratching head- Okay, that makes sense now. Sorry. My bad.

Though, that brings up the ZPM issue for the Ascension Zone and the Deadelus. How the heck is it that the ZPM for the planet lasted 250,000,000 years running that Time Dialation Field while the Daedelus barely made it 50 before sucking up enough power to not be able to reverse time ect?

Comment

Working...
                              X