X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LightSaber vs weapons in SG Universe

I have a question about lightsabers

Say you shot a jedi with a lightsaber with a bullet. Would the Bullet pass through the lightsaber, melt but still pass through, slow the bullet down, stop the bullet or evaporate the metal and make the bullet useless?

Also lets say a wraith stunner was shot at a jedi with a lightsaber what would happen?

If a staff weapon was shot do you think the jedi could bounce the plasma shot or is plasma different from a laser beam and have a different effect

Now that you read this go and discuss
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Originally posted by fugiman View Post

Say you shot a jedi with a lightsaber with a bullet. Would the Bullet pass through the lightsaber, melt but still pass through, slow the bullet down, stop the bullet or evaporate the metal and make the bullet useless?
    The bullet would probably be instantly disintegrate. seeing as the storm trooper armor is probably a metal, and seeing as the light saber cuts threw that it will most likely destroy a bullet on impact

Also lets say a wraith stunner was shot at a jedi with a lightsaber what would happen?
    My guess is that it would cause the light saber a surge for a moment

If a staff weapon was shot do you think the jedi could bounce the plasma shot or is plasma different from a laser beam and have a different effect
    both seem to be lasers, so I would think it would bounce like a regular laser though it might cause the wielder to be pushed back by its contact

that's my imaginations point of view
    Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
    Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
    new enemy of the Ori
    At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

i think that with automatic machine guns i dont think a jedi can stop 800 rounds a minute

Comment

Originally posted by Davesg-43 View Post
        i think that with automatic machine guns i dont think a jedi can stop 800 rounds a minute
        true, but we are talking about Jedi here. They could probably stop the bullets with there mind like a prior but then again that is whole lot to stop
        new enemy of the Ori

Comment

Originally posted by Kingomon View Post
          true, but we are talking about Jedi here. They could probably stop the bullets with there mind like a prior but then again that is whole lot to stop
          We know that jedi can be overwhelmed with a lot of people firing from mulitple directs, so I think a few machine guns could kill a jedi.
          Quacks

Comment

Originally posted by CouchPotator View Post
            We know that jedi can be overwhelmed with a lot of people firing from mulitple directs, so I think a few machine guns could kill a jedi.
            I agree. a Jedi could not handle a multiple of machine guns
            new enemy of the Ori

Comment

nope he or she can't i mean dose any one honestly think a jedi will stop 1000rpm anyways a bullet would probaly do more damage than a laser bolt

Comment

It would melt the bullet. So instead of getting a bullet stuck in their noggin, the Jedi would just get splashed in the face with molten lead.

Jedi w/ Saber vs. SG-1 w/ P90s. SG-1 all the way.
                sigpic
                "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                ~David Hewlett

Comment

look un like a laser a bullet sprEADS ITS NOT POSIBLE FOR THE JEDI TO stop all ofthat

Comment

Depending on the material of the bullet and the power of the blade, it could go from vaporized (best case for the Jedi) to melted and transformed into hot goo that keeps its inertia and hits the Jedi, eventually burning him and putting his clothes on fire, or just get heated up a bit but not past the point of fusion temperature.

By the way, if the transfer of heat is violent, the bullet could even explode into bits of shrapnel and expand towards the Jedi.

Simply put, bullets are a nitghamre for a Jedi. And it even get worse when you start to incorporate the rate of fire in your figures. Simply put, the Jedi have never faced a barrage of many bullets a second, and though most bullets would still travel on the same line at close or medium ranges, eventually tilting your gun a bit would be enough to dramatically change the final trajectory's arc, forcing the Jedi to move his weapon faster than he can, and cover too much surface.

All depends of the reaction, and the width of the projectile.

In Sateda, I recall seeing particularily wide stun bolts.
                    That said, they're non harmful and cause minimal damage... on stun mode.
                    We've seen wraith drones fire those stun guns at crafts and damage them.

But I guess it would fall in the classic eneergy projectile category, which Jedi don't have much problems with, as long as it's in the trooper weaponry range.

If a staff weapon was shot do you think the jedi could bounce the plasma shot or is plasma different from a laser beam and have a different effect.
                    Again, a question of reaction. Maybe the bolt would disintegrate, but I'm sure the lightsabre would block the projectile.
                    However, those bolts can be quite wide from time to time, and if there's no real "core" in the projectile, then the lightsabre will only block the equivalent of the surface it can present in opposition to the projectile.
                    If the projectile is wider than your shield, then there are bits that will fly past the shield.

A Kull Warrior, Force apart, would turn a Jedi into mince meat if the Jedi hioped to parry the bolts. They're simply too spread and too fast to allow the Jedi to cover all angles at such short times.
                    The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

The metal bullets would be disintegrated in a second.Also, it brings up the conversation about inferior technology vs advanced technology because its near impossible for jedi to stop a entire magazine of bullets from like a p90.Not to mention if hes getting shot by more than one person with gun.

It wouldn't be stopped by the light saber but a good jedi would use the force to deflect.

Impossible to tell but unlikely the jedi would stop it with light saber.

Comment

I really need to watch StarWars. Maybe I bye it on DVD?

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

You don't have every Star Wars DVD...How do you function in daily life?

Comment

Originally posted by VSHARMA View Post
                            I really need to watch StarWars. Maybe I bye it on DVD?
                            You don't own all the star wars movies! IMPOSSIBLE!
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I own all 6 movies on DVD's and the 2 animated films from cartoon network I'm so cool
                              Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                              A Face you Can Trust
                              sigpic
                              So whats the worst that could happen?
                              Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                              It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Working...
                              X