This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asuran Virus in 'Hot Zone'

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but 'Hot Zone' was on today and I'd never seen it before. So its about an Ancient virus in the city that turns out to be nanobots. The Ancients didn't make it and they don't know who did.

SHEPPARD: If not the Wraith, then who made 'em?

McKAY: I honestly don't know -- but whoever they were, let's just hope that they're not still around.

WEIR: Let's hope.

So its probably obvious by now that its Asuran. Just like in 'Progeny' Wier was infected. But shouldn't they (the nanobots) have been made by the Ancients? Because the Ancient nanobots evolved into the Asurans we know and love. Cool that the writers came up with the asuran concept way back in season 1...

or thats from the new enemy in s4
    Originally posted by cowpants
    ...you did it. I can't believe you actually did it. I am quite frankly astounded that you did it.

Thanks to you, I now want several mods to start mating with each other. I wanting to see what Moderator procreation will have in store for us.

And I thought that no one could get me to want this.

Congrats Mapp, you are officially the single most disturbed individual on GW.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Rosilin for pres

Comment

teh nanites were primitive asurans left behind after the experiment failed...it was explained by someone somewhere. Also the Asurans were going to be the next big enemy on sg-1 if atlantis had been part of the show, however sinc they moved it to another series and galaxy they made the wraith and then the asurans. Again explained on gateworld or wikipedia somewhere. I'm to tired to look.

"Their victims knew no peace until the Ori came and whispered to them"Sleep for the end draws near"and on that day all will rejoice when the Ori come and lay them low. "

Comment

Originally posted by Øsiris øf the Øri View Post
        teh nanites were primitive asurans left behind after the experiment failed...it was explained by someone somewhere. Also the Asurans were going to be the next big enemy on sg-1 if atlantis had been part of the show, however sinc they moved it to another series and galaxy they made the wraith and then the asurans. Again explained on gateworld or wikipedia somewhere. I'm to tired to look.
        Most likely the Asurans sent it to a primative human planet and the Ancients found out about. so this is probably why the Ancients destroyed the asurans
        Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
        Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
        new enemy of the Ori
        At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

If it was made by asurans why didn't it effect people with the ancient gene. Surely they would have been the first target not immune?

Comment

I think the virus in Hot Zone was the early Asuran prototypes the reason there was no data on it was cause the ancients deleted all their Asuran research data much like data relating to the the Asuran homeworld had been erased by the ancients.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Conor View Post
              Not sure if this has been mentioned before but 'Hot Zone' was on today and I'd never seen it before. So its about an Ancient virus in the city that turns out to be nanobots. The Ancients didn't make it and they don't know who did.

SHEPPARD: If not the Wraith, then who made 'em?

McKAY: I honestly don't know -- but whoever they were, let's just hope that they're not still around.

WEIR: Let's hope.

So its probably obvious by now that its Asuran. Just like in 'Progeny' Wier was infected. But shouldn't they (the nanobots) have been made by the Ancients? Because the Ancient nanobots evolved into the Asurans we know and love. Cool that the writers came up with the asuran concept way back in season 1...
              You've been watching Sky One

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

The hot zone virus was the Asurans. They didnt attack the people with the ancient gene because the ancients put a safeguard into their programming that stopped them from hurting ancients. So when the nanties detected the ancient gene they didnt kill the person.

They didnt try to take over the people like the did to weir because there weren't enough of them. I think that was said in 'the real world'. And thats also why another emp wouldnt work, the ones in weirs body were too concentrated.

I heard that the Asurans were suppose to be the main enemy in Atlantis from day one. Its just that when they got the late go ahead they didnt have time to develop them enough, so they went with the wraith.
                sigpic
                By *E*K*R*

Comment

Well they did say the Asurans were the original enemy in the pegasus however it was later obviously changed the wraith so they had already been thinking bout it. They do plan things very much in advance i mean the ancients have been staggered right throught the entire series yet only playing a major part in the closing seasons. lol sorry i never read your entire post oniell.
                  Last edited by marty2006; 05 April 2007, 10:51 AM. Reason: Posting something over again.

Comment

Working...
                  X