X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modified PWARW against Wraith ships

P.W.A.R.W. = Planetary Wide Anti-Replicator Weapon

So here's the thing: We know that all Wraith ships are mostly organic, right? Therefore, distrupter weapon technology should work great against their ships, if properly configured.

What do you think? Is it a potential weapon against Wraith?

Discuss!

It's possible that we might be able to make it a weapon like the Dakara Superweapon.

Comment

feesible but too powerful for atlantis
      Originally posted by cowpants
      ...you did it. I can't believe you actually did it. I am quite frankly astounded that you did it.

Thanks to you, I now want several mods to start mating with each other. I wanting to see what Moderator procreation will have in store for us.

And I thought that no one could get me to want this.

Congrats Mapp, you are officially the single most disturbed individual on GW.
      Spoiler:

Spoiler:
      Rosilin for pres

Comment

i was thinking more along the lines of the ancient Dakara weapon, unless it was destroyed by the ori? i cant remeber,if it wasn't:just find a way to to dial Pegasus from dakara, then fire it through to stargates near wraith hives, slowly diminishing their forces

Comment

Originally posted by Semmer View Post
          P.W.A.R.W. = Planetary Wide Anti-Replicator Weapon

So here's the thing: We know that all Wraith ships are mostly organic, right? Therefore, distrupter weapon technology should work great against their ships, if properly configured.

What do you think? Is it a potential weapon against Wraith?

Discuss!
          Why would a weapon designed to disrupt communication pathways have any affect against a hive ship?

Comment

Originally posted by ZakeD View Post
            Why would a weapon designed to disrupt communication pathways have any affect against a hive ship?
            Because it's (obviously) based on dakara weapon, which can distrupt pretty much.. well.. anything??

Comment

Because it's (obviously) based on dakara weapon, which can distrupt pretty much.. well.. anything??
              Well, since the device can be used to wipe out all life in our galaxy, I'd say, sure, why not. But the Dakara weapon itself is definitely gone: dismantled by the Jaffa and blasted to bits when the planet was taken by the Ori.
              Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
              The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
              I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
              A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
              That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
              Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
              Caboose: They could be worse?
              Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Exiled Master View Post
                Well, since the device can be used to wipe out all life in our galaxy, I'd say, sure, why not. But the Dakara weapon itself is definitely gone: dismantled by the Jaffa and blasted to bits when the planet was taken by the Ori.
                That's the reason I brought PWARW into picture, because that's all we have left that resembles dakara weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by Exiled Master View Post
                  It wasent dismantled...

It was hit by ori beams and completly destroyed.
                  Visit my Website

Comment

i been also wondering if the PWARW can help against the wraith because of there ships been organic in nature, BUT also if they are organic in nature does that mean we can squeeze nasty acid and burn the ship too ???

Comment

Just because a Wraith ship is organic in nature doesn't mean this thing will be very effective at killing it.

It doesn't automatically kill trees or grass for example, it's also likely that the entirity of a hiveship is made up of several different types of organic material and you could only set it up to attack one of them at a time. While that might work in itself it would be a much better idea to just develop the Asguard "disintigration beam" into a weapon and just cut pieces out of hives that way.

Of course since they have the same technology they could easily steal the idea and do it back.

The anti replicator weapon was useful against the replicators because more conventional methods of attack were largely useless. This not being the case with the wraith it really only amounts to a really complicated way to solve a problem that something like a railgun thrown nuke could solve a lot easier and cheaper.

Comment

since the ships are organic, do you think they could catch a cold or even, die of old age?

Comment

Originally posted by therealdb View Post
                          since the ships are organic, do you think they could catch a cold or even, die of old age?
                          they regenerate and repair them selve thus the reason why they cannot stay in hyperspace for long
                          sigpic
                          Sig For Me!

Comment

if earth did make somethng like that, and used it against wraith ships it wouldnt nessary disable the the ships, but mostly it will cos without the armour then you get a metal frame

either

the weapon destroys all the organic armour and everything inside decomprsses and flys out into space

or

just the metal frame work is there but yet its still fully operational but just naked and more acceptable to be fired upon
                            sigpic

Comment

How is it obviously based on the Dakara weapon?
                              We got the anti-replicator hand weapon at the start of season 8, a full (show) year before the Dakara weapon was activated.

They're similar, but to say it's obviously based on it is like saying the every multi-barrel weapon today is based on the first one ever made, which is not true in a number of reasons.

Comment

Working...
                              X