This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Universe Gate

How would you, the fans like the New Stargate in the Third Series look like.

Old school Milky Way Gate

More Recent Stargate Pegasus Stargate.

Or maybe something from any of the large Virtual series like Stargate Horizon

Last edited by VSHARMA; 04 April 2007, 07:41 AM.

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

It depends where the locations will be. If it's in the Milky Way, go for the classic one.
    If it's somwhere else, maybe let's have a slightly different, or a completely different one, maybe Tollan like... Shiny silver metal, with futuristic looking metal plates spinning.
    The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

If humans were to ever put Stargates on planets, then I would expect them to be like the Tollan gate.

But for a third series, I could see them using another primary colour, because they've already used red and blue. So it would be a yellow chevron gate. The problem is the name is called 'Stargate: Universe' for now, and that would seem to suggest the entire universe could explored rather than a galaxy, so it sort leaves you wondering where it would be set.

Milky Way: 50 million years ago - red
      Pegasus: 5 million years ago - blue

Maybe something like; Kallium: 20 mlllion years ago - yellow

But either way, i'd expect the gate to be designed to fit when the Ancients were in that part of the Universe, or maybe they decided to do a uniquely coloured gate for each galaxy (some retconning required).

sigpic

Comment

I hope we can see the Ori gatesystem in Ark of Truth with similar design as the Ori transport ring, the Ara or their ship.

I would like to see the Asgard gatesystem too. I know that they used the MW gates in Fitfth Race, but they should change it in future episode if the travel there in SG:U. But I don't know if there a gatesystem at all, because the SG-1 went there always by ships. So maybe there were only one stargate on their old capital planet.

And you should see this picture from Stargate : Worlds:
        http://stargateworlds.com/content_gr...d3eaa9c35e.jpg
        Can this purple gate be a part of a new gate system? If you look the symbols, it seems to be new.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

CHECK OUT THIS GATE

COOL OR WHAT

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

sigpic

Comment

cool definitly maby a green gate
            Originally posted by cowpants
            ...you did it. I can't believe you actually did it. I am quite frankly astounded that you did it.

Thanks to you, I now want several mods to start mating with each other. I wanting to see what Moderator procreation will have in store for us.

And I thought that no one could get me to want this.

Congrats Mapp, you are officially the single most disturbed individual on GW.
            Spoiler:

Spoiler:
            Rosilin for pres

Comment

gotta say i like that green gate

Comment

i'm gonna say it should be a gate located next to a blackhole. not sure what the gate should look like but i'm going to guess it would look similar to a supergate only being able to use the method to travel to different universes via blackhole.

Gelasius

Comment

Originally posted by therealdb View Post
                  gotta say i like that green gate
                  Green does it for me as well

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VSHARMA View Post
                    Green does it for me as well

Why is the colour important?

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                      Why is the colour important?
                      Dude it's just my opinion, it does matter if it’s important or not.

sigpic

Comment

the colour of the gate is dependent on who build them like the blue being ancient gates and the orange being the goauld if the gate was to be a different colour then it will be a different advanced race that has constructed them furlings maybe?
                        sigpic
                        Sig For Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Cban View Post
                          the colour of the gate is dependent on who build them like the blue being ancient gates and the orange being the goauld if the gate was to be a different colour then it will be a different advanced race that has constructed them furlings maybe?
                          Goa'uld never built stargates, you've got some catching up to do on SG History.
                          Originally posted by G.B Shaw
                          Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.
                          Martyrdom is the only way in which a man can become famous without ability.
                          Criminals do not die by the hands of the law. They die by the hands of other men.
                          You'll never have a quiet world till you knock the patriotism out of the human race.
                          Americans adore me and will go on adoring me until I say something nice about them.
                          One man that has a mind and knows it can always beat ten men who haven't and don't.
                          You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?"
                          The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed but that he cannot believe anyone else.
                          www.7-scales.co.uk
                          http://twitter.com/7Scales

Comment

Originally posted by ARMS View Post
                            Goa'uld never built stargates, you've got some catching up to do on SG History.
                            im prety sure they did they build the rings similar technology i think they would of been able to build one
                            sigpic
                            Sig For Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Cban View Post
                              im prety sure they did they build the rings similar technology i think they would of been able to build one
                              I don't think anyone ever said they couldn't build them, just that they didn't. They had no reason to, there were already a crap load of them just lying around waiting to be used. I'm not gonna build my own car if I have my choice of already built, free for the taking automobiles.
                              All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Working...
                              X