This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bury the gate ?

How is it that burying gate makes it not work. We know from other episodes that if a gate is laying face down on the ground that when activated it digs a hole.
    Why wouldn't it do that if it was buried ?

ok how do i put this, if there is an object in where the event horizon forms, than it stops the event horizon from forming. is that good enough im sorry i didnt sleep much, or dont sleep much, anyway i might not sound very coherent.
    sigpic

Comment

when the gate is lying face down, the area where the event horizon forms isnt in direct contact with the ground. the area where the event horizon is is slightly beveled in. but when they bury the gate to make it inactive, they place stone inbetween where the event horizon forms essentially blocking the sides of the gate from connecting with each other. a good episode to watch of them unburying a gate is "momento" it is in season 6

Comment

Originally posted by Iambob View Post
        ok how do i put this, if there is an object in where the event horizon forms, than it stops the event horizon from forming. is that good enough im sorry i didnt sleep much, or dont sleep much, anyway i might not sound very coherent.
        Thats pretty much accurate. As long as there is nothing where the event horison would be formed the wormhole should establish effectively.

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

ive been thinking about this for a while - if anything that is in the event horizons area prevents and event horizon being formed, then how do the even horizons form when the gates are set in stone or grass or something? next time u watch an episode, try and look at the flor where the gate is set in and on most occasions yhou will notice that the ground is in event horizon area.

Comment

how do you explain the episode where the "buried" gate is dailed and a wormhole is established they sed teal'c through where the kawoosh has made a cavern and he digs his way through up to the surface ?
            sigpic
            Sig For Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Cban View Post
              how do you explain the episode where the "buried" gate is dailed and a wormhole is established they sed teal'c through where the kawoosh has made a cavern and he digs his way through up to the surface ?
              watch the episode again they explain it
              don't know the exact details but i know they explain it

Comment

Originally posted by Cban View Post
                the one where they try to evac a planet coz of meteors hitting the planet but 1 hits the gate so o'neil cant go back and gives up hope of rescue then the woman hears teal'c and hammond on the radio whens shes about to throw o'neils stuff into the river then they find teal'c and all go home and live hapily evrer after? coz if u are, then i know what u mean, and yea, surely the gate shouldnt of worked

Comment

TEAL’C: If the Edoran STARGATE were truly buried, how then was the wormhole established.

CARTER: The meteor hit while the wormhole was active.

DANIEL: So, so?

CARTER: So it’s possible that the molten naquada hardened just above the event horizon.

DANIEL: Like an iris.

CARTER: Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by therealdb View Post
                    ive been thinking about this for a while - if anything that is in the event horizons area prevents and event horizon being formed, then how do the even horizons form when the gates are set in stone or grass or something? next time u watch an episode, try and look at the floor where the gate is set in and on most occasions you will notice that the ground is in event horizon area.
                    anyone got any ideas?

Comment

ive been thinking about this for a while - if anything that is in the event horizons area prevents and event horizon being formed, then how do the even horizons form when the gates are set in stone or grass or something? next time u watch an episode, try and look at the flor where the gate is set in and on most occasions yhou will notice that the ground is in event horizon area.
                      anyone got any ideas?
                      Because only part of the gate is Blocked. The way i see it Dirt in the gate is no problem as dirt can be pushed aside and are indivisual grains. However a large stone siting over it is unmoveable and soild. Imaigine if you where in a car and you was buried unground because a giant worms from Tremors pulled you there. Anyways it would be easier (however still hard for a human) to open the door in dirt however impossible to open it if encased in rock.

What i don't get is why the gates with their bases set in a stone staircase or the grass don't have thin gap where the event harizon has "eatern" the dirt in the way.

Also they bury the gate on its side so that when you walk through you instanly fall back into the event horizon killing you. Or if you do survive you will 1. Run out of air or 2. Get killed by the next gate activation.
                      sigpic
                      Banner Made By Me for Me
                      The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

i too have thought that
                        Thankyou SG-1 for 10 great years!
                        sigpic
                        sig made by kidwizz

join Stargate Atlantis: save the lost city and lets get our show back

Comment

i think that when it is in the stone steps, that little portion that is covered acts as part of the gate because only a small portion of the gate is covered. maybe the gate can detect that that little portionis covered and it just uses the steps as part of the gate

Comment

a little off topic, but surely differet gate would be set different height in stone, for example one maybe set 30cm lower in stone than another because somebody else put it up. shouldnt this act like an iris and disintergrate their feet or the MALPs tires? just a thought

Comment

Maybe the gate is capable of sensing the height of the ground and then adjusting the exit position of the object going through.

Comment

Working...
                              X