X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weapon with retrovirus or Hoffans' drug to kill

weapon with retrovirus or Hoffans' drug to kill

sometime a shot of bullet can kill a Wraith ,then sometime they are like indestructible .The explaination is that their healing factor is relative to the length of time since their last feed.

So sometimes a suppostingly dead wraith may just rise up and kill you when you are the least expected.
    I don't like it ,i think we need to find a more effective way to kill the Wraith and make sure a fallen Wraith is really dead.

The retrovirus can suppress a Warith's gene and turn them into human.but once they turn human there are the moral and ethical question about their treatment.
    What if we put a little retro virus onto the tip of bullet ,and the retrovirus may suppress their healing factor ,and the bullet that strick in their body will slowly finish them off.In this way they are not enoguh human ,but still weak enough to be kill.
    Or we can use the Hoffan's drug which prevent the Wraith feed, and aslo mutate Wraith 's own bio chemical which kill the Wraith.

We could use those drug and chemical to ehance Earth's projectile weapon and make a more effective kill.
    It not kill we spray the chemical on the large Wraith population ,we only shoot at the individual attacking Wraith in self defence.
    We make the anti-kull weapon to help kill the kull worrior.
    We can call it the anti-Wraith bullet or something.
    The retrovirus create all sort of moral question, why not altar it to make it kill before they are entirely transforem into a human.

Spoiler:
    hoffans anti-feeding drug was supposed to be used on humans so the wraith could'nt feed right? If so it makes it a pretty useless weapon to use in a bullet intended to hit a wraith.

Also about the anti kull weapon.
    Why didn't we just use the symbiote poison loaded in a "finetip trinium dart" to kill them?

Comment

Originally posted by gatetravel1
      hoffans anti-feeding drug was supposed to be used on humans so the wraith could'nt feed right? If so it makes it a pretty useless weapon to use in a bullet intended to hit a wraith.
      Originally it was supposed to keep the Wraith from being able to feed on humans. In the trial, it ended up killing the Wraith who fed on the human that had been inoculated, so it was a defensive weapon.
      There were two problems with this:

1. The drug was fatal to about 50% of the Hoffan population.

2. The Wraith wiped out the Hoffan planet when they learned what they had done.

FYI: this is a season 1 episode, so spoilers shouldn't be necessary.
      Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin View Post

Did they ever mention the wraith destroying the planet?? I know both rodney, and carsen said that the wraith WOULD most likely do that.. ut did they>

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          Did they ever mention the wraith destroying the planet?? I know both rodney, and carsen said that the wraith WOULD most likely do that.. ut did they>
          yeah i think during season 1 there was something on the SGA website giving information on the progress of the Wraith culling...

it said that the Hoffan planet was raised to ground etc...
          Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by gatetravel1 View Post
            [Also about the anti kull weapon.
            Why didn't we just use the symbiote poison loaded in a "finetip trinium dart" to kill them?
            why haven't we made gas symbote poison grenade? those would be useful when we come across the trust or Baal again
            Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
            Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
            new enemy of the Ori
            At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

i agree they are kinda silly in there making of weapons but they cant make it to easy to kill them or there would be no danger.

thanks to www.savecarsonbeckett.com and leelakin for the pretty sig.

Comment

Originally posted by ur uncle urgo View Post
                i agree they are kinda silly in there making of weapons but they cant make it to easy to kill them or there would be no danger.
                true, without danger there is no show
                Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
                Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
                new enemy of the Ori
                At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

Unfortunately bullets tipped with either substance would be greatly ineffective.

A small amount wouldn't likely do anything to them, because it took more than a bullet worth of Retrovirus to turn a Wraith, and who knows how much bodily fluids were absorbed by the Wraith who died from the Hoffan virus.

The only way either would effective is if they carried tranquiliser guns, something that could shoot a large cartridge with a big enough amount of the drugs. Doing this would make the Hoffan drug a better choice as it results in death, and not the constant need to drug up the Wraith until he's completely human.

Originally posted by Kingomon View Post
                  why haven't we made gas symbote poison grenade? those would be useful when we come across the trust or Baal again
                  I think the Free Jaffa could have a problem with that. No way the SGC would willing use a weapon of mass destruction like that, because instead of killing the Wraith with the hoffan virus, SGA went for a less aggressive approach.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau View Post

The retrovirus can suppress a Warith's gene and turn them into human.but once they turn human there are the moral and ethical question about their treatment.
                    What if we put a little retro virus onto the tip of bullet ,and the retrovirus may suppress their healing factor ,and the bullet that strick in their body will slowly finish them off.In this way they are not enoguh human ,but still weak enough to be kill.
                    In the season finale of SGA of season 2 they used the retrovirus to turn the wraith to human.But it took a minimum of 10 hours to work and that was with alot of the gas,and so using a little bit of it on a bullete would'nt be effective and it would still take afew hours for them to even fell the effects of it.
                    LookSmart

Comment

Though both drugs are extremely potent...they do exactly what they are meant to do and efficiently at that. If the bullets of a P90 were coated with either drug... the poison bullets would be just as ineffective as regular bullets.

The biggest problem is that virus or the drug will be destroyed as soon as the bullet pentrates the body...consider that the bullet is moving as some rapid velocity... thus the bullet as some rapid momentum (p=mv). Once that bullet hits that body and begans to slow as result of impact and friction insues, the amount of heat generate is like to destroy the respective virus and/or chemicals. Both the virus and chemicals are very delicate structures and even the harsh of environments can cause degradation.

What would have been interesting if Beckett isolated the wraith healing gene and found a way to remove it form the wraith genome.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin View Post
                        Originally it was supposed to keep the Wraith from being able to feed on humans. In the trial, it ended up killing the Wraith who fed on the human that had been inoculated, so it was a defensive weapon.
                        There were two problems with this:

1. The drug was fatal to about 50% of the Hoffan population.

A combination of the Hoffan drug and virus would be a potent. Suddenly, a bunch of Wraith are human. When others try to feed on them, they become infected with the virus (we have not seen this method for contracting the virus). When they become human again, the wraith poison kicks in on the next person they feed on. So the Wraith casualties go up about as fast as the virus can lose it's effect.
                        Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                        The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                        I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                        A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                        That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                        Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                        Caboose: They could be worse?
                        Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

the hoffans drug was also deadly to people so wouldnt it kill the wraith human or not?

thanks to www.savecarsonbeckett.com and leelakin for the pretty sig.

Comment

Originally posted by ur uncle urgo View Post
                            the hoffans drug was also deadly to people so wouldnt it kill the wraith human or not?
                            I don't think so. It would basically be targeting organs that aren't there.
                            Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                            The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                            I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                            A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                            That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                            Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                            Caboose: They could be worse?
                            Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Exiled Master View Post
                              I don't think so. It would basically be targeting organs that aren't there.
                              The Hoffan drug killed a substantial number of their own population (I believe it was estimated 92% would die?), so it is more than likely Steve died the same way the Hoffans who weren't killed during the siege died, massive organ failure.
                              http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Working...
                              X