No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see the season 4 poll is up now. Entity is an easy one to choose, great Sam scenes in that episode. 2010 had some great Sam/Janet moments as well as Sam sacrificing herself for a greater good, and Small Victories Sam's 'dumb' idea saved the Asgard race!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      how about the ones taht got no votes?

legacy, demons, pretense, new ground

lessee, in legacy i LOVE the sam trapped parts. how she figures out and makes a solution to jack and janet getting infected

demons, again her sensing of goauld is important, revealing the canon as a baddie

pretense, it has some lovely sam/teal'c bits, especialy when they're running around simon frasier university (the 'set' for tolanna....it's a real university in vancouver)

new ground....well, not much happening, but there is some nice sam whumpage
      You're right about New Ground, interesting story, but not much Sam, unless you like to see her caged and zatted.

Pretense - some nice interactions with Narim, telling him she’s still dealing with her recent blending, and as you mentioned, Sky, some of those rare Sam/Teal’c moments.
      Sam did have a good line to Lya at the end - "Pretty fine line you didn’t cross."

Legacy – her reaction when Daniel is in the white quilted room is excellent. She really looks like she’s heartbroken over his illness.

Demons – at the beginning you can see Amanda has to try really hard not to lose it completely when RDA does his Dr. Evil imitation

NC

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
        I see the season 4 poll is up now. Entity is an easy one to choose, great Sam scenes in that episode. 2010 had some great Sam/Janet moments as well as Sam sacrificing herself for a greater good, and Small Victories Sam's 'dumb' idea saved the Asgard race!
        Entity and 2010 are two of my three choices too.... have been dithering with the third choice... and Small Victories is one of the couple I was looking at for the third spot... I loved Sam's interaction with Thor... the yellow food cubes that Thor likes... and blowing up the O'Neill to save the Asgard!

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
          I'm so glad to read all these positive comments about Sam leading the team, or at least being given the chance to do so. I've gotten irritated when reading people on other threads saying that Sam doesn't deserve to lead the team, since she has no experience, etc. Excuse me, how does one get experience leading a team if not given a chance? I would think that after x number of years as an officer, and 7 years of being Jacks 2IC, she's learned something about leadership, especially if he's been mentoring her all along.

Along with all of you, I'm really hoping first, that the team actually goes through the gate more often than this season, and second, that Sam gets to take charge of them.

NC
          Nicely stated NC, I couldn't agree more! Great post!

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
            Entity and 2010 are two of my three choices too.... have been dithering with the third choice... and Small Victories is one of the couple I was looking at for the third spot... I loved Sam's interaction with Thor... the yellow food cubes that Thor likes... and blowing up the O'Neill to save the Asgard!
            how about her 'oh my god' when she spits out the food cubes?

ooh, and i think s4 should get honorable mention for her hair. I personally like longer hair. Not the down the middle of your back hair, but shoulderlength. mine is 'long' that way and while i've had short hair in the past, longer just looks better on me

I really liked the longer hair that Samanda had. yes, it was a bit awkward (and they never did explain how it grew so much in just 9 days) but it was just getting to that 'controlled' stage when she cut it off

i thought it was very pretty and flattering
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

ooh, and i think s4 should get honorable mention for her hair. I personally like longer hair. Not the down the middle of your back hair, but shoulderlength. mine is 'long' that way and while i've had short hair in the past, longer just looks better on me

I really liked the longer hair that Samanda had. yes, it was a bit awkward (and they never did explain how it grew so much in just 9 days) but it was just getting to that 'controlled' stage when she cut it off

I remember reading an interview transcript or some such where someone asked AT about that and she said that she tried her hair a bit different, but that it just didn't work when it came to all the stuff that she had to do as Carter - so she went for something more practical (something that wouldn't be getting in the way all the time).

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                and Small Victories ...I loved Sam's interaction with Thor... the yellow food cubes that Thor likes... and blowing up the O'Neill to save the Asgard!
                THOR: Would you like sustenance?
                SAM: (Think for a second) Yes! Thank you. I'm starving. (A tray appears)
                THOR: I like the yellow ones.

SAM: (Talking a yellow one and biting it.) Oh, my God!

And then a little later... after they blow up 'The O'Neill' and take out the Replicators
                SAM: It worked! (Sonic boom)
                Yes! (Hugs Thor.)
                OH! I'm sorry, I didn't hurt you, did I?
                THOR: I am fine.

SAM: We did it!
                THOR: It was YOUR stupid idea, Major Carter.
                From subsequent posts
                in nemesis, when amanda was going up the ramp, her 'ya sure ya betcha' was an adlib

it was the last shot of the day, she was tired and she knew that they could cut her audio really easily because the shot was from her back, so she quipped off

and one shot we never get to see...at some point in time, the thor puppet gropes her. lol
                little begger reaches up and grabs her butt. to which she hauled off and whacked him...and almost took his head off. hence the 'did i hurt you' comment later because she'd already almost decapitated Thor
                Originally posted by ChopinGal
                I didn't know that funny last line was her own adlib - it was a perfect back-at-you to Jack! LOL

She often talks about Thor grabbing her bum in interviews and, when they make a DVD of bloopers/outtakes, I sure hope that's in it!
                Photos are screen caps from the episode Small Victories
                Transcript excerpts are from the Stargate SG-1 Transcript website

Last edited by astrogeologist; 19 February 2005, 11:29 AM.

Comment

I voted... for four again, and this time I have no 'these two eps are really one' excuse.

Entity
                  Beneath the Surface
                  Divide and Conquer
                  The Light

Entity wins hands down for me.

Sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

I liked it too, but I prefer the other shorter styles more.

Sally

(edited to add) My fave hair styles for Sam have been in seasons one and eight.
                    Last edited by majorsal; 18 February 2005, 09:08 PM.
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Felt like posting some Sam Carter kicken major a$$ pics!!!

More to come soon!!! (Decided to wait and spread the love over a period of
                      time)

EDIT: MY 100TH POST HERE! YAAAAAAAY
                      Last edited by MajorSam; 18 February 2005, 08:52 PM.
                      The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                      |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
                        Felt like posting some Sam Carter kicken major a$$ pics!!!

More to come soon!!! (Decided to wait and spread the love over a period of
                        time)

EDIT: MY 100TH POST HERE! YAAAAAAAY
                        I'll have to add some more of those shots to my sigs

Hey I got 100 posts now (o:

Comment

in nemesis, when amanda was going up the ramp, her 'ya sure ya betcha' was an adlib

it was the last shot of the day, she was tired and she knew that they could cut her audio really easily because the shot was from her back, so she quipped off

and one shot we never get to see...at some point in time, the thor puppet gropes her. lol
                          little begger reaches up and grabs her butt. to which she hauled off and whacked him...and almost took his head off. hence the 'did i hurt you' comment later because she'd already almost decapitated Thor
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I didn't know that funny last line was her own adlib - it was a perfect back-at-you to Jack! LOL

She often talks about Thor grabbing her bum in interviews and, when they make a DVD of bloopers/outtakes, I sure hope that's in it!

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam

You know I can't believe it but the thought that she got the promo from "sleeping with Jack" ...

I'm amazed that people would think she didn't deserve it, or that she got it for means other than the AMAZING things she's done over the past many years.
                              LOL I can't believe I'm writing this, but I just time-traveled back on this thread, after your naughty remark at the top of page 70, and couldn't help but notice that you, Madam President, actually had the #1369 post ... on page 69! And, gosh, look what you said!

Perhaps this is where you should place the photo of AT in the morgue!
                              Last edited by ChopinGal; 19 February 2005, 06:18 AM.

Comment

Hear Ye Hear Ye Hear Ye
                                Will the Royal Bean Counter, oops, Accountant please record the fact that our Census Taker, Skydiver, has had the honour of posting both #1300 and #1400 on this Thread of Samanda! Jolly good show ...

Comment

Working...
                                X