No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hehe... I just realized this was page number 69...

Not that my mind's in the gutter or anything...

There actually ARE some NC-17's with a plot, I swear!

EDIT: Just my luck, the I missed page 69 by ONE post!! bah.
    The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
    |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
      I was thinking along the lines of how the bulk of Season 8's episodes did not show Carter in command, or struggling with difficult command decisions... or showing her as the 'hand signal person in charge'... or letting her be the lead hero in the field... 'no one stays behind', so that she makes everyone go through the gate before her while she stands her ground and holds off the alien barrage so that the others get through safely...

And I also like the idea of Jack mentoring Sam... where she comes back from a mission where she'd had to make a really tough call, and she's struggling with whether or not she should have done A or B... or perhaps whether or not she could have made a different decision that might have saved more lives... and Jack mentors her on how to deal with the aftermath of command decisions made in the field...

Season 8 *did* feature Jack trying to find himself in *his* new position, but Sam's promotion to Lt. Col. and command of SG-1 wasn't dealt with much.

I've said it before (and I'm going to say it again and again and again, so please bear with me ), I'm hoping that Season 9 shows us a strong Sam Carter, one who's comfortable with herself and her life and whose on screen time is focussed on major scifi plotlines that show our plucky gal struggling against great odds.... and ultimately triumphing (bent and banged up, perhaps, but not broken).

I'm so glad to read all these positive comments about Sam leading the team, or at least being given the chance to do so. I've gotten irritated when reading people on other threads saying that Sam doesn't deserve to lead the team, since she has no experience, etc. Excuse me, how does one get experience leading a team if not given a chance? I would think that after x number of years as an officer, and 7 years of being Jacks 2IC, she's learned something about leadership, especially if he's been mentoring her all along.

Along with all of you, I'm really hoping first, that the team actually goes through the gate more often than this season, and second, that Sam gets to take charge of them.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam

EDIT: Just my luck, the I missed page 69 by ONE post!! bah.

Sorry I bumped you, MS.

NC-17+
        Last edited by NearlyCircular; 18 February 2005, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
          When I watched it, I didn't think that people would necessarily assume that she slept with Jack, but they could very easily have assumed she got the promotion just because he wanted her to.

It didn't help when the timing of the sequence went from Jack saying

"I'll be able to do whatever I want." and Sam saying "Within reason, sir"

directly to the change of command ceremony, where he says

"...The other reason I took this job was so I could do really cool stuff like this. It is with great pride that my first order of business as Commander of this base is the announcement of the promotion of Major Samantha Carter to Lieutenant Colonel."

That could be interpreted to mean that she only got the promotion cause he thought it would be cool. The line probably meant that getting to make the announcement was cool, but it just didn't sit right with me.

NC
          I thought it was odd too. Of course Sam was getting promoted so I didn't really care but still...
          I remember reading in another thread somewhere (or maybe it was this one?) that Carter was actually due for a promotion anyway considering how long she'd been a Major.

0.o
          I must be looking at the wrong ones then!

Comment

I wanted to comment on a cute Amanda/Sam moment from the show. It's from s5's Red Sky, when Sam's explaining something scientific to Jack and Daniel, but she's using apples and oranges as representations. It's when she's done with the little essay, and when she puts the fruit back in their specific baskets... I'm thinking this is more Amanda than Sam, because she accidently mixes the fruit together, but quickly puts them in their right baskets before she stands up. I thought that was so cute and so Amanda!

K, done.

Sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
              I wanted to comment on a cute Amanda/Sam moment from the show. It's from s5's Red Sky, when Sam's explaining something scientific to Jack and Daniel, but she's using apples and oranges as representations. It's when she's done with the little essay, and when she puts the fruit back in their specific baskets... I'm thinking this is more Amanda than Sam, because she accidently mixes the fruit together, but quickly puts them in their right baskets before she stands up. I thought that was so cute and so Amanda!

K, done.

Sally
              Yeah, on the commentary, she and Martin Wood joke about that, and then they go into a discussion about how much of Amanda he sees in Carter and vice versa. The Martin Wood commentaries are really good, IMO.

NC

Comment

OK...now this picture just seems to say

"I'm bad"

or

"You wanna piece o' me? Huh, do you?"

or

"What're you lookin' at?"

Comment

teh season 3 poll is now closed and da winner is

wait for it

wait

wait

Jolinar's Memories!!!!!!

One of my faves.

Season 4 poll just went up and we have a week to vote. so go pick your fave sam eps of s4
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

The Season 3 Blue Jello Awards go to:
                    Jolinar's Memories/The Devil You Know
                    Foothold
                    Point of View

Thanks again Skydiver!
                    Last edited by astrogeologist; 11 March 2005, 06:17 PM.

Comment

For Season 3's Jolinar's Memories and The Devil You Know...

The Tokra memory recall device as they travel to Netu in the teltak.

Sam remembers (and feels) Jolinar's love for Martouf.

Jolinar is tortured with the pain stick; Sam feels it 'realistically'!

Netu: They find Sam's father Jacob and then Sam meets Bynar.

Apophis and the Blood of Sokar.

The Blood of Sokar and the memory recall device
                      - and Sam sees memories of just after her mother died.

Netu's prison, Sam looks after her father and speaks with Martouf
                      - telling him not to let them use Jolinar, or Sam, against him.

Final scenes. Sam, Jacob and Martouf in the cells of Netu.
                      Sam and Jacob on the teltak on the way home.
                      Last edited by astrogeologist; 18 February 2005, 05:41 PM.

Comment

how about the ones taht got no votes?

legacy, demons, pretense, new ground

lessee, in legacy i LOVE the sam trapped parts. how she figures out and makes a solution to jack and janet getting infected

demons, again her sensing of goauld is important, revealing the canon as a baddie

pretense, it has some lovely sam/teal'c bits, especialy when they're running around simon frasier university (the 'set' for tolanna....it's a real university in vancouver)

new ground....well, not much happening, but there is some nice sam whumpage

sigpic

Comment

thanks to astro g for all the great screen caps

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sam fan
                            I see what yo're saying here, I thought it looked a bot didgy- she had just been like (a few months before or however long lost city was) about to announce her love to him and he knew it- I mean Sam is a more than able officer and should have got the promotion but i can see that people would think she only got it from sleepin with Jack?
                            I didn't question her promotion. I don't care what ppl that don't even like Sam are saying about it. She earned it, period.

Sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                              Yeah, on the commentary, she and Martin Wood joke about that, and then they go into a discussion about how much of Amanda he sees in Carter and vice versa. The Martin Wood commentaries are really good, IMO.

NC
                              Really, they talk about that scene? That's *so* cool!

Sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Rules of Engagement we got to see Carter decked out in full combat gear, camo paint and all I Shoulda voted for that...

Comment

Working...
                                X