Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whee! i got promoted, royal census taker is a lovely title

we need a Jester, who can be our lovely Jester, the person who keeps our spirits high and glasses full?
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
      Don't I wish! I didn't nominate myself for Royal Elder without a reason ....
      I may have to share that position with you, CG, since I'm on north side of the half century mark myself.

Anyway, I'm at work now and just snuck in here for a quick fix, and I'm loving the new titles we're bestowing on the group! Oops, I hear a bell, which means either I have to go teach a class, or there's a fire somewhere.

NC

Comment

These screen caps and quotes are just fun Sam moments
        ... a little while back, several folks commented on a couple of scenes in Cold Lazarus...
        ...fun interaction with Sam/Daniel/Teal'c, etc.,
        so I decided to see what screen caps I could get..
        COLD LAZARUS

Originally posted by deepspace
        How does anyone in their right mind expect me to choose just ONE favourite Sam moment *gasp* Impossible!
        ok...
        Season 1: I'm going to pick the staff weapon scene in the gateroom in Cold Lazarus, just because she, along with Daniel were so cute.
        but if I could just pick another one...
        no, I will restrain. One moment from each season, do you hear that deepspace? One.
        Originally posted by Skydiver
        my fave part about cold lazarus was the sam/daniel bit in the gateroom, where they get teal'c to fire off hsi staff weapon, then when hammond wonders what the hell is going on and alarms go off
        teal'c asks : surely you attained permission for me to fire my staff weapon (or something like that) and sam and daniel look guiltily at each other and go
        yeah, sure
        and both retreat quickly
        it's so cute and funny

Scene: SGC Embarkation Room Teal'c's staff weapon is charging and then fires on a cluster of crystals in a box.
        Alarms go off. Sam, Daniel and Teal'c approach the pieces of blasted crystal.
        CARTER: "There's a good one."
        Daniel picks it up with gloves and large tongs.
        VOICE OVER THE SPEAKER: "What's going on in there?"
        TEAL'C: "You received permission for me to fire my staff weapon in the gate room?"
        CARTER: "Oh...yeah."
        DANIEL: "Absolutely."

This was one of my favorite scenes. I loved the reactions on Sam's/AT's face as she interacted with the crystal entity - surprise and the delight of new discoveries and wonderment - great smiles!

Photos are screen captures from the episode Cold Lazurus
        Transcript excerpts are from the Stargate SG-1 Transcript website

Comment

Maybe her personal and professional mission in the beginning of S9 will revolve around her being a test pilot for Homeworld Security and trying out some secret weapons and planes ....
          omg, I was thinking the exact same thing Going TDY with that F-302 squadron at the Alpha Site

And that fanfic link that astrogeologist put up, the author of it writes some quite amusing and quirky stories - just read the one where Sam gets turned into a cat lol

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Coley

Are most of us in the fab forties then?

Don't I wish! I didn't nominate myself for Royal Elder without a reason ....
          Hehe nearly everyone here is old enough to be my mum! That's kinda freaky lol

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
            omg, I was thinking the exact same thing Going TDY with that F-302 squadron at the Alpha Site
            Some elsewhere have speculated that Sam worked in an AWACS in the time she was in the Gulf War. Maybe she'll be making a version of that for space. I doubt we will be so lucky as to have the test pilot scenario work out--as much as I love it.

Hehe nearly everyone here is old enough to be my mum! That's kinda freaky lol
            So does that make you the Royal Page?

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
              So does that make you the Royal Page?
              Hehe errand boy

Comment

Hear Ye Hear Ye Hear Ye
                Calling on All Samandans to herewith vote with keyboard and heart for the following Officers of Samanda

President (and Creator of this World) Major Sam

Vice-President (and Creator of the Thread) Major Sal

Keeper of the Flame (Archivist) AstroGeologist

Matriarch (the Wise Elder) Chopin Gal

Please add further nominations and titles as you deem appropriate ....

Heeeeeh!!!! *jumps up and down in crazy Presidential dance*

*ahem* I mean... *Indulges wisely and powerfully in a celebratory event with all of my big and mighty fellow Political Position holders.....*

Or something like that

So, my first act as President::::::

From hence forth, this great land that is called Samanda, be forever a place of love and joy and peace, rainbows butterflies, flower and puppies!!! (Except for people allergic to dogs... like me... oh dear...) Well, you get my idea. We must always stay open-minded, respectful, enjoying of eachothers companys and brilliant insights to our great "over lord" ruler, Samanda herself *insert heavenly angel voices*

Yes, it's quite amusing because, although I'm president, I"m probably the youngest one here... *cough* I mean... (and so begins the slow leaking of the information on *big booming drums* real me!!! )
                The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

I've been good this time and resisted reading your spoilers about Moebius, but now that I've seen it, I went back to read your comments and have to agree with all of you. I was ROFL for almost the whole second part of the show.
                  Spoiler:
                  Amanda is soooo funny in it. Her body language is hilarious! All her little twitches and facial expressions are phenomenal. Did you notice, after McKay shakes her hand and finally lets go, she wipes it on her skirt?

I loved the self-satisfied looks on both Sam and Daniel's faces when they show the location of the second gate to Davis. And this time Sam figured out where it is!

Both Amanda and Michael must have had a blast doing this episode!

I can't wait for the second part. Geek Sam ROCKS!

NC

Comment

Here's two things that I want to 'fly over and past the walls'

First, Carter in charge:
                    Originally posted by hrh36
                    Originally posted by astrogeologist
                    ...I would love to see Lt. Col. Mitchell *want* to serve under her leadership on SG-1. I'd like to see them write a backstory that includes Carter and Mitchell having served together years ago (before the Stargate project), and Mitchell already knows, likes and respects her. *And* he asked to be posted to SG-1 because he expected to be working under her leadership... that she was gone when he first got there, and that he got command for a month or so would have been a surprise. When Sam returns, he gladly hands her command of SG-1 with no animosity - he's just glad that she's back!
                    Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                    What a great scenario! Let's keep our fingers crossed.
                    It is a neat idea, but I don't think it will fly past Samanda's walls. I don't think they'd have him serving under her in the past for the aforementioned reason that TPTB seem to have a hard time writing men being ordered about by women (hence S8 with not much Sam in command or S7 Young Jack with pilots scene, etc.). Plus their ranks are the same so it sounds like they pretty much came up as equals.

What might fly is that CM wanted to be posted to SG-1 to work with all 3 of them and is disappointed to learn that Sam is not around. Maybe a line or two of hoping she comes back and getting to work with her some time.

While it might be nice to see him respect Sam so much as to ask to serve under her, I'm trying to only set myself up to hope for what we might get. Considering BB is apparently a big star and TPTB's not-great track record of writing women in charge, I don't see them having him give up command willingly.

Second: What Sam's doing for the first 5 episodes of Season 9
                    Originally posted by deepspace
                    Originally posted by astrogeologist
                    I have my fingers crossed that they keep Sam in the military... so she can lead the team... and fly jets and X302s when the occassion calls for it (or when she can just figure out how to take one up for 'fun'... )
                    Maybe her personal and professional mission in the beginning of S9 will revolve around her being a test pilot for Homeworld Security and trying out some secret weapons and planes ....
                    Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                    Originally posted by jckfan55
                    Some elsewhere have speculated that Sam worked in an AWACS in the time she was in the Gulf War. Maybe she'll be making a version of that for space. I doubt we will be so lucky as to have the test pilot scenario work out--as much as I love it.
                    *goes into a long daydream about Sam being a test pilot for Homeworld security.*
                    Hmmmm... if Sam were a test pilot for the missing 5 episodes, then they could film cockpit scenes after AT gets back... the scenes wouldn't be rough-and-tumble-physically demanding... and we'd only see from the shoulders area up... it would be *cool* and do-able...
                    Such great comments and sentiments from everyone!
                    Thanks to everyone for contributing and adding to these threads!
                    Last edited by astrogeologist; 16 February 2005, 07:18 PM.

Comment

or sam could be in command of the alpha site and we see her via MALP....also just head and shoulders
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

whee! i got promoted, royal census taker is a lovely title

we need a Jester, who can be our lovely Jester, the person who keeps our spirits high and glasses full?
                        My goodness, I am willing to abdicate my Royal Elder/Sage title to NearlyCircular (who implied that she is about the same wise age as I and also a teacher), and I would humbly accept the title of Jester and all-around cheerer-upper ... if none come forward to claim the position ....

Surely, there is a Court Jester in our midst?! Come out, come out, whoever you are ... hey, I teach a course on what makes people happy ... maybe I have to be the Jester .... I can also play "Send In The Clowns" on the piano!

We will let our President and Vice-President decide!

Comment

My goodness, I am willing to abdicate my Royal Elder title to NearlyCircular (who implied that she is about the same wise age as I), and I would humbly accept the title of Jester and all-around cheerer-upper ... if none come forward to claim the position ....

Surely, there is a Court Jester in our midst?! Come out, come out, whoever you are ... hey, I teach a course on what makes people happy ... maybe I have to be the Jester ....

We will let our President and Vice-President decide!
                          What!?!?! re...re..responsibilites!? I'm the President not the... oh, wait a sec....
                          Ok, what I meaaant to say (honest!) was "Ah, yes, the great task of appointing the great honour of Court Jester *sigh* A difficult task, but I, as a leader of all these great people, will take it upon myself, yes, sacrifice my time for you, to appoint this position of such great honour, such poise...

I'm having fun with this...

Ok, so, Nominations for Court Jester:

ChopinGal

Who else would like to come forward to this position!?!?!?!?

I don't suposse I could be both President AND Court Jester...

^^Sam/Jack^^

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
                            What!?!?! re...re..responsibilites!? I'm the President not the... oh, wait a sec....
                            Ok, what I meaaant to say (honest!) was "Ah, yes, the great task of appointing the great honour of Court Jester *sigh* A difficult task, but I, as a leader of all these great people, will take it upon myself, yes, sacrifice my time for you, to appoint this position of such great honour, such poise...

I'm having fun with this...

Ok, so, Nominations for Court Jester:

ChopinGal

Who else would like to come forward to this position!?!?!?!?

I don't suposse I could be both President AND Court Jester...
                            But, Madam President, can you play "Send In The Clowns" on the piano?!

Comment

But, Madam President, can you play "Send In The Clowns" on the piano?!
                              Indeed I can, my good lady, I in fact have many hidden talents

^^Sam/Jack^^

Comment

or sam could be in command of the alpha site and we see her via MALP....also just head and shoulders
                                Another great idea, skydiver!

Comment

Working...
                                X