Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hear Ye Hear Ye Hear Ye
    Calling on All Samandans to herewith vote with keyboard and heart for the following Officers of Samanda

President (and Creator of this World) Major Sam

Vice-President (and Creator of the Thread) Major Sal

Keeper of the Flame (Archivist) AstroGeologist

Matriarch (the Wise Elder) Chopin Gal

Please add further nominations and titles as you deem appropriate ....

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
      I was reading a fanfic and the author's note is perfect for this thread:

If you're interested the fic is 'It's A Great Big World' and it's a humorous team fic with a little Sam whumping.
      And, thanks to all for the birthday wishes
      Thanks for the fanfic tip! Can't wait to read this over the weekend and, boy, didn't she lay it all out there in her critique?! Carter as speed demon/junkie has never gotten enough scenes and, yes, not until this season's Covenant do we really see Sam flying lead in the X304 (whatever #), right?

Maybe her personal and professional mission in the beginning of S9 will revolve around her being a test pilot for Homeworld Security and trying out some secret weapons and planes ....
      Last edited by ChopinGal; 20 February 2005, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
        Thanks for the fanfic tip! Can't wait to read this over the weekend and, boy, didn't she lay it all out there in her critique?! Carter as speed demon/junkie has never gotten enough scenes and, yes, not until this season's Covenant do we really see Sam flying lead in the X303, right?

Maybe her personal and professional mission in the beginning of S9 will revolve around her being a test pilot for Homeworld Security and trying out some secret weapons and planes ....
        If only! Sam off as a test pilot for the first few episodes of Season 9 would be stellar! One author has started a fanfic with Sam as a test pilot at the Alpha Site (but it's set after Fragile Balance and not in Season 9): Trouble Flying; the fic is still in progress and is not finished yet, but the first two or three chapters are great!

But whatever TPTB have Sam doing for those first few episodes of Season 9... I hope it's *cool* - I hope it's not some administrative type of post.
        Last edited by astrogeologist; 16 February 2005, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Hear Ye Hear Ye Hear Ye
          Calling on All Samandans to herewith vote with keyboard and heart for the following Officers of Samanda

Lurker Extraordinaire (Who reads EVERY word posted here) Dipsofjazz

sigpic

Comment

ChopinGal: Maybe her personal and professional mission in the beginning of S9 will revolve around her being a test pilot for Homeworld Security and trying out some secret weapons and planes ....
            *goes into a long daydream about Sam being a test pilot for Homeworld security.*

Thanks for the Seth screencaps Astrogeologist, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY! (sorry I'm late)
            How does anyone know when anyone's birthdays are anyway?

Hear Ye Hear Ye Hear Ye

Resident Moderator (who runs wonderful Sam polls) Skydiver

Edited to say: Wow! When did I become a mature symbiote? I assume this happens when you reach a certain rep? So THANKYOU to everyone in Samanda!!!
            Last edited by deepspace; 16 February 2005, 11:34 AM. Reason: !!!

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
              Hear Ye Hear Ye Hear Ye

Love it! Oh royal Lurker Extraordinaire, you have captured the spirit ... and thank you for joining in the royal Game! You deserve to be a part of the realm, coming from a city with a castle on its hill! (Which I've had the good fortune to visit ...)

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace

Please add further nominations and titles as you deem appropriate .... [/SIZE]
                Thank you, DeepSpace for a worthy contribution - our esteemed Skydiver keeps the royal system running smoothly by maintaining the royal census and its ongoing results! Yes!

Comment

Hi everyone - its a labour of love keeping up with all the posts.

I'm enjoying reading everyones fave season 3 eps. I'm struggling still to get down to just 3 - though Foothold is my first choice - for all the reasons already mentioned. My fave clip is where Sam exits the shaft out of the SGC and then takes her gun out from behind her back and cocks the safety. That snippet summed up the feel of the whole ep for me. It was just such a perfectly cool action and she has a brilliant "attitude" expression Yup she means business!!! Nemesis will be one - action Sam, problem solving and beaming up with Teal'c after the Col said not to (already mentioned by Astro'). Just got to pick my third!!

Happy Birthday Astro!!!!!!!

ChopinGal - No series 8 as I have no cable/satellite - just 5 channels of terrestrial tv. Channel 4 has just finished airing season 7 - though it airs on sunday when I'm not usually home - which brings me on to - you've rumbled me!!! I've not got a PM off you, but I shall PM Astrogeologist as you suggested!!!

The only spoiler I didn't manage to skip is about Jacob!!! So everyone is doing a fine job - though as I said before I'm missing out a lot on the recent posts!!

Thanks to Astrogeologist for the screen captures of Seth!!!

I'll second the nominations!!!!

Are most of us in the fab forties then?

Right, I must dash My poor pooch is demanding my attention. He keeps coming in dangling things he shouldn't have in his mouth right in front of me, just to get a reaction from me - now he's running around the house throwing some gloves in the air - Playtime!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                    Hi everyone - its a labour of love keeping up with all the posts.

ChopinGal ... it airs on sunday when I'm not usually home - which brings me on to - you've rumbled me!!! I've not got a PM off you, but I shall PM Astrogeologist as you suggested!!!
                    I knew it!! And I love the British idiom! My PM was broken but now is fixed - I'll see if I can PM you today. So glad to hear from you again on the board. It's not the same without you and your pooch posting.

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                      Are most of us in the fab forties then?
                      Don't I wish! I didn't nominate myself for Royal Elder without a reason ....

Comment

ChopinGal
                        Look forward to hearing from you
                        MUST GO pooch is now just stood next to me crying!!!
                        Will come back later to see if you have PM'd me!!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspacez

Please add further nominations and titles as you deem appropriate .... [/SIZE

Edited to say: Wow! When did I become a mature symbiote? I assume this happens when you reach a certain rep? So THANKYOU to everyone in Samanda!!!
                          May I humbly suggest renaming Resident Moderator to Royal Census Taker which seems to better fit the vernacular being used?

And, yes, DeepSpace - as I have told you in the past, you are not immature at all; hence, you now have Mature Symbiote as proof positive (pardon the pun). Congratulations!
                          Last edited by ChopinGal; 16 February 2005, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                            When I was getting the Sam/Teal'c/staff weapon screen caps from The Children of the Gods, I got a kick out of hearing young Captain Carter shout out orders at the SF's in the gateroom at the end of the episode. Of note, everyone followed her orders - and even Hammond went along - and he had no clue what had happened, or what was happening, on the other side of the 'Gate.

-From COTG-

Stargate Command. A defense team is lined up at the bottom of the ramp as Carter bursts through the wormhole. The soldiers aim their weapons as two more bodies come through.
                            Carter: Hold your fire! They're refugees!
                            She turns to help the two dazed men up.
                            Hammond: (over intercom) I hope you know what you're doing, Captain.

-a few minutes later-

Stargate Command. O'Neill, Kawalsky and Casey stumble through the wormhole. Casey collapses, nearly pulling O'Neill and Kawalsky down with him.
                            Carter: (shouting) Now! Lock it up! Lock it up!
                            In the control room, Samuels enters a series of commands into the computer.
                            Harriman: (over intercom) Closing iris!
                            As O'Neill slowly stands up, the iris slides shut. Less than a second after the iris locks, three heavy thuds can be heard - the sound of three armored bodies colliding with the iris at a fatal velocity. The wormhole shuts off.
                            Harriman: (over intercom) Wormhole disengaged.

- - -

So... I just thought it was cool that there in the first episode, Carter was listened to and respected by the SGC personnel, from the 'Gate technician to the CO of the base. I also thought it was cool that the writers didn't feel that it was necessary to have O'Neill order the iris closed - it was great that they didn't feel that the 'lead man' had to have the final dramatic commands and words.

Just read this properly! I watched that scene only a week ago. I thought it was brilliant how in the very beginning of the series it was Sam who got to give the orders, and everyone listened!

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

ChopinGal: May I humbly suggest renaming Resident Moderator to Royal Census Taker which seems to better fit the vernacular being used?

And, yes, DeepSpace - as I have told you in the past, you are not immature at all; hence, you now have Mature Symbiote as proof positive (pardon the pun!). Congratulations!
                              Yes, yes, by all means, rename! I couldn't think of an appropriate name.

And thankyou ChopinGal And isn't proof positive the new show Amanda is doing? (hence the pun?)

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                                Yes, yes, by all means, rename! I couldn't think of an appropriate name.

... And isn't proof positive the new show Amanda is doing? (hence the pun?)
                                Yes, I couldn't resist teasing you!

And Skydiver shall henceforth be honored as Royal Census Taker of Samanda! Now, what shall we name you?!

Comment

Working...
                                X