\
    \
    \
    \
    \
    \
    Hope that's enough space, here goes>>>>>
    AMANDA WAS SO FUNNY!!! i hav'nt laughed so much
    in a looong time, that lady deserves to get an award for last night as well as her own comedy show!

She did the "reproduction organs on the inside"
    line and then went and said somthing along the lines of why she had said that, that was it for
    me from then on as each scene she was in just got more and more funny! It was what she was doing with her mouth that had me laughing so much, it's hard to put into words but Amanda played Sam as over the top geek with over the top facial expressions and it was so nice to see this side of Amanda's acting range, she really is a very funny lady! Can't wait for next week
    ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      Please share these inside tidbits Amanda shared with you when the ep airs for everyone, okay?!?

Thanks, majorsam.

Sally
      Bingo! Congrats to Sally for the 1200th post!! The citizens of Samanda are forever grateful!

Comment

Another non-Sam focused eps/scenes was from s4's Forever In a Day. Daniel was a power monster, and obviously a real monster with what he had done to Teal'c and Sam. I wanted to see more! But Sam had some great stuff in that ep. I wonder how long Daniel would have left Sam in that cell to rot? And that quickie image he had of torturing her... wow.

Sally
        Why did I think that episode was called Absolute Power?!

Yeah ... I liked the scene between her in the cell and Jack in front of the bars ... I wished it could have been a longer dialogue ... loved the intensity and intimacy it conveyed. This episode also showed that Sam was not afraid to speak up and challenge Daniel's abuse of power.

Gosh, that was a real quick image of the torture he had in mind for her ... I can see that you're into serious Sam whumping! Did you notice they've never really used that method of torture on Sam throughout the seasons, but they have on Teal'c and Jack and I think Daniel too. Not fair! Our heroine wants equal rights: she can take her punishment as well as the rest of them!

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
          K, I'm not sure who's all seen Moebius part one here but:

Spoiler:
          HAHAHAHAH, GeekSam!!!! I thought Amanda did a brilliant job, and I know She had SUCH a fun time doing it... I just thought it was an extremely funny break from our serious Sam. I definately picked up on all the little quirks and sillys she did (she told me to look out for certain things, and I found 'em!) I say again, FABULOUS job!!! I was laughing my head off the entire time
          Spoiler:
          I almost pee'd myself laughing at GeekSam in that episode! And I spilt my drink over me when she did the 'Reproductive Organs on the Inside instead of the Out' speech again lol
          When she and GeekDaniel had to sign the NDA's, Daniel asks why and Hammon tells em they can walk out the door if they want, Sam nearly falling off her chair to sign the form - brilliant!
          And Sam and McKay together again! So much fun

Ppl were talking about how we didnt want any Dr Carter's from AU's, but I'd have to say that this Dr Carter would be one I wouldn't mind keeping
          Too much rofling in that episode, I have to go lie down

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace

... Sam really has had the opportunity to do just about everything the past eight seasons. We’ve seen nearly every type of Sam Carter possible, although I still think there could be a few more. But while the Sam in the past few seasons has been a little more personal life/emotionally based, it is just another facet of Sam, it’s not all that there is to her.
            Hi DeepSpace - Stay tuned for this season's finale, Moebius. From all the Spoilers now coming out, we are about to see a new AU Sam who is going to totally delight us with yet another facet of her personality! I can't wait!

And, MajorSam, Sally is right ... after we all get to see Moebius, please share some of the moments you were looking for (after talking to Amanda).

Comment

I did a story once (in my head) where Sam was taken from a planet to be sold to a Goauld, and it was Aris that helped track her down and got her back.

Sally
              Hey Girl, if you give me the copyright to your head, then maybe I can use this idea for my next fanfic! Better yet - why don't you write the story? Sounds like a really good plot.

Comment

have you ever had a MAJOR brain freeze that stupefies even your own expectations? last night, i revealved i'm 43... I'M NOT! i'm 41. here i am anxious about saying my age, and i added two years!... guess senility isn't that far off!

*shakes head at... forgets why head is shaking... *

Sally
                LOL Believe me, I am probably the matriarch of this thread ... and you and Astro are my kid sisters!

Frankly, I subscribe to the philosophy that age is not a number, but a state of mind!

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                  LOL...! I know exactly how you feel... was out to lunch the other day and my friend told another friend that it was my birthday... and this person then, of course, asked me my age... and I just stared blankly... so the friend who'd brought it up supplied the answer... (she's exactly 10 years and 2 days older, so she just takes 10 years off her age to get mine). Somehow, I think that after you pass 35, the years start melting together...
                  Your friend sounds as calculating as Sam Carter!

Heck, by the time you hit 40, you're definitely into the Great Fondue Pot of Life ...

And, most importantly:

Happy Birthday to AstroG
                  Keeper of the Flame here in Samanda
                  Thanks for all your wonderful images and recaps which have really made this thread very lively and lovely indeed!

Comment

have you ever had a MAJOR brain freeze that stupefies even your own expectations? last night, i revealved i'm 43... I'M NOT! i'm 41. here i am anxious about saying my age, and i added two years!... guess senility isn't that far off!

*shakes head at... forgets why head is shaking... *

Sally
                    Originally posted by astrogeologist
                    LOL...! I know exactly how you feel... was out to lunch the other day and my friend told another friend that it was my birthday... and this person then, of course, asked me my age... and I just stared blankly... so the friend who'd brought it up supplied the answer... (she's exactly 10 years and 2 days older, so she just takes 10 years off her age to get mine). Somehow, I think that after you pass 35, the years start melting together...
                    Ditto the LOL! It reminds me of a line I heard on another show not too long ago from a character who couldn't remember if he was coming in or going out of a building - "My memory's a memory."

I just noticed that I got my second green jello block! Thanks everyone for the rep points!

NC

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                      Spoiler:
                      I almost pee'd myself laughing at GeekSam in that episode! And I spilt my drink over me when she did the 'Reproductive Organs on the Inside instead of the Out' speech again lol
                      When she and GeekDaniel had to sign the NDA's, Daniel asks why and Hammon tells em they can walk out the door if they want, Sam nearly falling off her chair to sign the form - brilliant!
                      And Sam and McKay together again! So much fun

Ppl were talking about how we didnt want any Dr Carter's from AU's, but I'd have to say that this Dr Carter would be one I wouldn't mind keeping
                      Too much rofling in that episode, I have to go lie down
                      Spoiler:
                      yes, YES!!! Keep the GeekSam!!! Dear lord.. the possibilities... I seriously was dying the whole time.

"those were MY theories on spin wave technology in effects with antigravity on electromagnetism and YOU KNOW IT!"

From that line on I knew, this is what I want to be.

Then when she did the whole "And..and just because my reproductive organs are on the inside instead of *trip over words* GOD, that's HORRIBLE, who would EVER say that!?!?!?!?

"Carter... .... who you talking to?"
                      "NO one..."
                      "Are you talking to yourself?"
                      "....no...."

AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAAAAA, and then when she signs the classified waver or whatever, although she almost fell out of her chair but didnt', I DID!!! I was DYYYING. I mean... it's just SOOO funny! And McKay!

"I love this whole sexy librarian thing!"

I"ve always adored him, but he just went waay up in my books.

Now I will stop the spoilers before I start quoting the entire episode....

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                      Hi DeepSpace - Stay tuned for this season's finale, Moebius. From all the Spoilers now coming out, we are about to see a new AU Sam who is going to totally delight us with yet another facet of her personality! I can't wait!

And, MajorSam, Sally is right ... after we all get to see Moebius, please share some of the moments you were looking for (after talking to Amanda).
                      I will share whatever I can remember

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                      Heck, by the time you hit 40, you're definitely into the Great Fondue Pot of Life ...

And, most importantly:

Happy Birthday to AstroG
                      Keeper of the Flame here in Samanda
                      Thanks for all your wonderful images and recaps which have really made this thread very lively and lovely indeed!
                      Pfft, fondue pot as it may be, you're still less than HALF done your life. I mean, some things are just beginning then!!!

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY ASTROG. Keeper of the Flame... I like that!

Reminds me, I still havn't been "christened" as President yet
                      The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                      |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        the night when deadman's switch aired, i think i watched it 3 times. original broadcase, rewound during outer limits, then the later broadcast

it just struck something with me. it had a little sam whumpage, her talking to aris, her trying to work aris (which is a lot like what she did with aiden, talked to him, trying to manipulate him to giving her info)

it was just all around enjoyable.

and you know, it's one eps that's had pitifully few fic written around it. i don't know if it's because folks ingeneral didn't like it or because it was so good that it didn't leave anything dangling for a fic to be based on
                        That is one of my favorite eps as well. I, too, loved Sam in that episode; but I think I liked it the most because it had such a memorable guest star/character. Aris Boch played off of everyone on the team so well in that ep. Hey, TPTB bring him back! Sam can snark some more with him. I love snarky Sam.

Comment

Spoiler:
                          yes, YES!!! Keep the GeekSam!!! Dear lord.. the possibilities... I seriously was dying the whole time.

"those were MY theories on spin wave technology in effects with antigravity on electromagnetism and YOU KNOW IT!"

From that line on I knew, this is what I want to be.

Then when she did the whole "And..and just because my reproductive organs are on the inside instead of *trip over words* GOD, that's HORRIBLE, who would EVER say that!?!?!?!?

"Carter... .... who you talking to?"
                          "NO one..."
                          "Are you talking to yourself?"
                          "....no...."

AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAAAAA, and then when she signs the classified waver or whatever, although she almost fell out of her chair but didnt', I DID!!! I was DYYYING. I mean... it's just SOOO funny! And McKay!

"I love this whole sexy librarian thing!"

I"ve always adored him, but he just went waay up in my books.

Now I will stop the spoilers before I start quoting the entire episode....
                          Quote the episode woman! Are you crazy?!?!?!?

Comment

stomps foot indignently

I WANNA SEE IT!!!!!!!!!!

lol

well, gimme 24 hours and i'll be joining you laughing at yet another facet of our favorite girl
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

[spoiler]

Pfft, fondue pot as it may be, you're still less than HALF done your life. I mean, some things are just beginning then!!!

Ooh, sweetie ... I completely agree ... but, at my age, I can't multiply times two any more! (Unless I happen to live in Siberia and eat yak yogurt and have hardy genes which will let me live to be 125 ....)

See?! I told you guys I was the Matriarch! So be gentle with me.
                              Last edited by ChopinGal; 16 February 2005, 10:25 AM.

Comment

I was reading a fanfic and the author's note is perfect for this thread:
                                Author's Note by iamdragonrider from the fanfic 'It's a Great Big World': Ok, I just needed to explain. All those times that Carter worked her butt off on the X-3-oh-whatevers and Jack jumps into the pilot seat or worse, takes second seat and leaves Carter earthbound, well just got me steamed. I mean, how unfair. Most of the time he didn’t even seem to know about the project, so why did HE get to go when Sam couldn’t? And obviously it’s well known that Jack’s always grabbing the front seat. Take Fragile Balance for example. So anyway, this is my revenge, it’s Carter’s turn to drive one of Jack’s pet projects… Besides, I think the show has done a bit of a disservice to Carter, in not letting her rare fun and thrill seeking side show thru, so I wanted to let Carter explore her “need for speed” in the next chapter or two…

A/N: Myriadragon, that’s exactly what I was thinking. In season four, in the episode The Curse, we discover Carter has this beautiful classic cherry red Indian. And yet, there’s never any hint until the season seven episode Space Race that you mentioned where they even hinted that Carter actually rides the thing. And yep, there’s a few times where its hinted Carter is a bit of a hmmmm lead foot? Such as the reference at the beginning of Chimera in season seven where Jack says “speeding again are we?” and the few times we get to see Sam chasing down replicator bugs or blowing up stuff and saying that she’s having fun.
                                If you're interested the fic is 'It's A Great Big World' and it's a humorous team fic with a little Sam whumping.
                                And, thanks to all for the birthday wishes

Comment

Working...
                                X