Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by astrogeologist
    Dancer: Yes! That's what I needed to hear!
    Spoiler:
    And I love your AU idea - it would be a great scifi plot device to take it over several episodes or more.

I tried to rep you, but it won't let me yet... so, will blue jello do in the meantime?

Blue jello? Of course, thanks! I haven't tasted any since I've been here!

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam

<snip>

writing a fic (my insane big "Who is Sam inside" torture sending over the edge one) and trying to keep up with this thread! I just can't get away!
      But just don't kill her! I mean it, woman, let Sam LIVE. *protects Sam from crazy writer*

Sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        But just don't kill her! I mean it, woman, let Sam LIVE. *protects Sam from crazy writer*

Sally
        MajorSam? KILL Sam? Isn't that like, I dunno... Suicide? Or... something?

And, even then the author would have to be an imposter of some kind working under the guise of "MajorSam"...

Comment

OK guys... This is gonna seem like a lame question but stay with me here...

WHAT THE HECK IS WITH THE BLUE JELLO?!?!??!

Has this been explained? I'm confused as all get-out. I mean, I understand the joke around here because Sam's always eating it, but still... Why? How did it start?

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

Sally
            *crazy maniacal laughter*
            Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
            MajorSam? KILL Sam? Isn't that like, I dunno... Suicide? Or... something?

And, even then the author would have to be an imposter of some kind working under the guise of "MajorSam"...
            Suicide??? Hm, never thought of that... Ah well. doesn't change anything. Maybe i've just got a dark side...And don't you worry my dear, Sam Carter suicide, that'll come. Maybe not in this fic, but in one of 'em!
            And if there were any imposters to the MajorSam name, I'd get rid of them before commiting "suicide"

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
            OK guys... This is gonna seem like a lame question but stay with me here...

WHAT THE HECK IS WITH THE BLUE JELLO?!?!??!

Has this been explained? I'm confused as all get-out. I mean, I understand the joke around here because Sam's always eating it, but still... Why? How did it start?
            K, well on the real show it started aaages ago, when they were doing a commisary scene, and Amanda had to pick between blue jello, and some glutunous other thing she didn't know the identity of. So she picked jello. next time, she saw it again and she's like "hey, i pick that again!" and after that she decided to make it one of those little "Things" on Stargate we love so much.

On here... lol, I have no idea how it started. one day, blue jello was just given out, as a sign of honour, to recognize brilliance in the ways of Sam. So it's a special thing to get, like our own "other" version of rep. Hope that explains it...
            Last edited by MajorSam; 14 February 2005, 07:05 AM.
            The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
            |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

s9 spec

Spoiler:

i sincerely doubt they'll tokra her. they seem to be wanting to diminish that angle and the tokra are a dying race anyway

and, after seeing how jacob is perceived, selmac controlled by his host, jacob 'borrowing' their tracking tech...no, they won't want a tauri as host

my money is on sam transferring to the pentagon, going to work at the alpha site, area 51...somewhere other than the sgc

and, if they wish to perpetrate the s/j angle, her leaving the sgc would remove one stumbling block from that relationship

Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I am going to post this here as a way to vent my frustration at the Sam bashing I've been reading. I'm just so tired of all the derogatory remarks. So: threads
                Spoiler:
                When it comes down to it, its hard to make a dramatically life changing decision. It's much easier sitting at home watching tv to know what someone should do. But when you're there experiencing God only knows how many different emotions (consider the large burden of earth's safety), its probably hard to get a clear thought without second guessing yourself. I can remember times when I've known what I want to do but I've just wanted to hear someone say "you need to do *this*". This is one of the reasons I so dislike hearing Sam's character 'blasted' when she has an err in judgement. Armchair decisions are easy.

Pete, IMO, was Sam's attempt to put something in place to give her a feeling of completeness. She didn't set out to use him, I think she really thought she loved him. And no, I don't think you should need a man/partner to feel complete. But Sam has been carrying around a love buried in her heart for some time now and she needed and desired an outlet. So she erred by grabbing on to a life line (Pete) that was dangling there. Only human. Then she comes to realize this is not right and that to untangle this mess she has to hurt someone. And as she accepts that she does love Jack, she has no assurance that he still "cares about her, more than he should" or exactly how much "more" he does care. Its not something she feels free to talk with anyone about (either the secret nature of her work or regs really prevent this), unless you count a dream state (which probably was her mind trying to talk to someone). I'm just so happy that she can finally express some of what she's been feeling and I'll be over-the-moon when Sam and Jack finally (I hope) express *all* they've been feeling.

And that was my little blue rant.

Another sign you're a gatehead is when you spend so much time trying to arm-chair psycho analyze SG-1 characters.
                sigpic
                ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

s9 spec and spoilers for Moebius

Spoiler:
                  Wouldn't it be cool if Sam took up a position in one of the alternate universes for a bit, to learn the new physics( the physics Nareem hinted at in Enigma) so that she could come back to "our" reality with a handle on Ancient science?
                  Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                  "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                  One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                  resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                  confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                  A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                  The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

So no more reading at places that are not Sam friendly. But I have to say, after Sam threads
                    Spoiler:
                    broke up with Pete, she was probably thinking that she could have handled that better, and why did I say that. And I find that more believeable than her saying all the right things at the right time (that only happens on TV and this is real ).

I think I'm done now.
                    *pick up my soap box and go home*
                    sigpic
                    ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess

Spoiler:
                      Wouldn't it be cool if Sam took up a position in one of the alternate universes for a bit, to learn the new physics( the physics Nareem hinted at in Enigma) so that she could come back to "our" reality with a handle on Ancient science?
                      Great idea!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        s9 spec

Spoiler:

i sincerely doubt they'll tokra her. they seem to be wanting to diminish that angle and the tokra are a dying race anyway

and, after seeing how jacob is perceived, selmac controlled by his host, jacob 'borrowing' their tracking tech...no, they won't want a tauri as host

my money is on sam transferring to the pentagon, going to work at the alpha site, area 51...somewhere other than the sgc

and, if they wish to perpetrate the s/j angle, her leaving the sgc would remove one stumbling block from that relationship

Thanks skydiver! I'm *really* hoping we'll still get a chance to see Carter leading in Season 9.

Comment

Spoiler:

Definitely.

Comment

Spoiler:
                            there's just that pesky temporal cascade issue
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hi all:

Wow! Taking a day off from this thread is a mistake -- it takes hours to catch up.
                              s
                              p
                              o
                              i
                              l
                              e
                              r

s
                              p
                              a
                              c
                              e

I, too, think they're getting away from the Tok'ra storyline, so much as I'd like Sam to be a liaison, I doubt it.

OTOH, I really wish she would interact with Vala re: their former host capabilities with the hand device and healing device. Sam (and Earth!) could really benefit if she would develop these abilities! This is as bad as Leia's on-again, off-again Force training in the SW novels!

Re: Cooper saying Sam is off somewhere until certain things happen that bring her back. Wouldn't it be neat if Cameron messed up big time and Sam was actually asked back to lead SG-1? My jaw would probably drop to the floor 'cause the current writers have NOT shown their ability (or personal belief in IMO) to write the leadership abilities of women over men, but I can still dream, can't I?

And while I'm dreaming, I'll bring the Sam/Teal'c dynamic into it and pick Teal'c to be the first one to say that he wishes to again be under Lt. Col. Carter's leadership! Yep, I like it.

An aside - it frosts me every time I hear people saying that Sam doesn't really lead anybody 'cause Daniel and Teal'c aren't military. How come we never heard such a claim when Jack led the team? Was he only in charge of Sam for 7 years? I think not.

Anyhoo, thanks everyone for great (nonshippy for the most part) posts about what a great character Sam is regardless of who (if anyone) she ends up with.

hrh

Comment

Originally posted by hrh36
                                An aside - it frosts me every time I hear people saying that Sam doesn't really lead anybody 'cause Daniel and Teal'c aren't military. How come we never heard such a claim when Jack led the team? Was he only in charge of Sam for 7 years? I think not.

hrh
                                I snipped a bit. This bugs me too. The leader of the team is the leader of the team not the military members.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X