X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tok'ra Hostess
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jckfan55
    Rectangular--cute way to ID your location. I'm from a mitten-shaped state.

Michigan?
    That was my guess too.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
      Well off to swot up on season 3 eps - What a chore eh!!

I need to get away from the season 8 postings - Am I the only one who has not seen any season 8 yet? I'm frustrated I can't join in the debates!!
      Yes, you poor thing - why is your part of the country not seeing the part that other fans in UK have already viewed ahead of us?! Did those darn engineers accidentally dig up something and dismember your cable channel?

I hope we're being good with the Spoilers ... I can't wait either for the second half of S8 and keep reading them anyhow and the transcripts too!

OT but very important: Since I cannot PM or email anyone because my controls are uncontrollable right now, I am straining at the bit ... whoo hoo ... how do you like that idiom?! Why do I want to contact you about Stargate? Well, I was reading Issue Two of the new magazine today ... and I think you may know where I'm going with this ... page 59 precisely ... hmmm ...

See if you can reach me privately through AstroG ... she has my e-mail address and so does Major Sam. I'll try to look you up right now and see if I have e-mail access to you outside this Forum ... we must talk!

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
        Also, is this happening because most of the fans online are women? Are many of the men online criticising Sam like this?
        Oh! The irony! The irony!

Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
        "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
        One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
        resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
        confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
        A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
        The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
          So true! What follows isn't about people's different reactions to Sam, but just shows how we all look at things differently. I put a question on the Threads discussion asking

Spoiler for Threads

Spoiler:
          if it was the first episode ever where someone has actually gone beyond the hints, and said out loud that there was something between Sam and Jack, when Kerry asked Jack, "Is the Air Force the only thing keeping you two apart?" I was surprised that the writers were finally this direct.

The response to the post made me laugh. As Madeline pointed out, there's a school of thought that Kerry was referring to Jack and Daniel.

NC
          Different strokes for different folks ... cough! I read your post over there and was ROTFL when that reply came back.

I was going to jump in - but I'm a Pisces and we really do hate confrontations! Matter of fact, that's why I kinda just hang out here for putting my thoughts on paper.

Maybe one day I'll get brave enough to replicate elsewhere!

Comment

So true! What follows isn't about people's different reactions to Sam, but just shows how we all look at things differently. I put a question on the Threads discussion asking

Spoiler for Threads

Spoiler:
            if it was the first episode ever where someone has actually gone beyond the hints, and said out loud that there was something between Sam and Jack, when Kerry asked Jack, "Is the Air Force the only thing keeping you two apart?" I was surprised that the writers were finally this direct.

The response to the post made me laugh. As Madeline pointed out, there's a school of thought that Kerry was referring to Jack and Daniel.

NC
            yep. folks can see what they want to see

I gotta admit, i do....well, all i gotta say is ' they say shippers project???????'

LOL

yeah, ok, TO ME, that's as much of a stretch as Kirstie Alley wearing a size 2 but eh, to each his/her own
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

yeah, ok, TO ME, that's as much of a stretch as Kirstie Alley wearing a size 2 but eh, to each his/her own
              Bite your tongue woman - she's now doing Jenny Craig commercials!!

Comment

Hey guys! For those fanfic junkies like myself, there's a Sam-fic based on the apparently hidden EVIL within our resident Colonel/astrophysicist. It's called "Imperium," and you can find it on FFN, if you haven't heard of it before. It's pretty interesting actually... Very cool.

Also, MajorSam! I didn't know you were writing another fic! How much of it is finished?

Comment

I know we probably shouldn't talk too much about Reckoning Part 2 yet, since some of us may not have seen it. But I can't resist mentioning a snippet that I think is going to be one of my all time great Sam moments, right up there with her "Maybourne, you're an idiot.." and "Welcome to My life" lines.

I'm putting spoiler tags around this, but if you haven't seen the episode, this won't spoil the plot for you.
                  Spoiler:

Jacob and Sam are trying to get an Ancient machine to work.

Sam: This may not be possible, you know.

Jacob: Come on Sam, it can’t be any harder than blowing up a sun.

Sam, giving him a look: You know, you blow up one sun, and suddenly everybody expects you to walk on water.

As she’s saying this and typing, the machine kicks in

Jacob: There you go.

Sam:
                  Next up, parting the Red Sea.

And of course, Amanda's reading and facial expressions are a hoot.

NC

Comment

Whoo Hoo the Samandan Award of the Week goes to SkyDiver for posting the 1100th reply! We're on a roll!

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                      Hey guys! For those fanfic junkies like myself, there's a Sam-fic based on the apparently hidden EVIL within our resident Colonel/astrophysicist. It's called "Imperium," and you can find it on FFN, if you haven't heard of it before. It's pretty interesting actually... Very cool.

Also, MajorSam! I didn't know you were writing another fic! How much of it is finished?
                      www.geocities.com/popcornsamo/P3X-717.html That's my website, all those fics in green are the Coming Soon's, as you can see, there are quite a few... I'm thinking of putting up some summaries, see which ones people would most like to read, so I can get going on those.

But yes, rite now i'm working on the one called "Broken" One taht will hopefully reveal my thoughts on Sam, and who she is inside, what keeps her going, what would happen if she were to be driven over the edge, to the point where she might never be able to get back. It's not a pretty one, I can tell you that. MajorSal, I warn you!!! Currently it's only tiny... 107 kb. I've barely even started, and i'm actually going to completely change everything i've written already
                      The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                      |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

I know we probably shouldn't talk too much about Reckoning Part 2 yet, since some of us may not have seen it. But I can't resist mentioning a snippet that I think is going to be one of my all time great Sam moments, right up there with her "Maybourne, you're an idiot.." and "Welcome to My life" lines.

I'm putting spoiler tags around this, but if you haven't seen the episode, this won't spoil the plot for you.
                        Spoiler:

Jacob and Sam are trying to get an Ancient machine to work.

Sam: This may not be possible, you know.

Jacob: Come on Sam, it can’t be any harder than blowing up a sun.

Sam, giving him a look: You know, you blow up one sun, and suddenly everybody expects you to walk on water.

As she’s saying this and typing, the machine kicks in

Jacob: There you go.

Sam:
                        Next up, parting the Red Sea.

And of course, Amanda's reading and facial expressions are a hoot.

NC
                        I haven't seen the episode yet, but I have read the transcript - and I love the idea of Sam not taking herself so seriously - she can poke fun at herself! Great humor!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                          Whoo Hoo the Samandan Award of the Week goes to SkyDiver for posting the 1100th reply! We're on a roll!

wow!!

1100th!!!!!!

sweet.
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                            Coley: See if you can reach me privately through AstroG ... she has my e-mail address and so does Major Sam. I'll try to look you up right now and see if I have e-mail access to you outside this Forum ... we must talk!
                            ChopinGal, did you get an email message off to Coley? If not, you should be able to send her an email using the same drop-down menu that you use to send a PM. Just right-click on Coley's name (at the top left of one of her posts) and the drop-down menu should have 'send an E-mail to Coley as one of the options. You can send her your e-mail address so that she can reply to you directly instead of PMing.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                              ChopinGal, did you get an email message off to Coley? If not, you should be able to send her an email using the same drop-down menu that you use to send a PM. Just right-click on Coley's name (at the top left of one of her posts) and the drop-down menu should have 'send an E-mail to Coley as one of the options. You can send her your e-mail address so that she can reply to you directly instead of PMing.

Thanks, Astro - yes - I was just emailing her now. Everything seemed to work because I found her screen.

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
                                www.geocities.com/popcornsamo/P3X-717.html That's my website, all those fics in green are the Coming Soon's, as you can see, there are quite a few... I'm thinking of putting up some summaries, see which ones people would most like to read, so I can get going on those.

But yes, rite now i'm working on the one called "Broken" One taht will hopefully reveal my thoughts on Sam, and who she is inside, what keeps her going, what would happen if she were to be driven over the edge, to the point where she might never be able to get back. It's not a pretty one, I can tell you that. MajorSal, I warn you!!! Currently it's only tiny... 107 kb. I've barely even started, and i'm actually going to completely change everything i've written already
                                Impressive site ... look forward to your Sam whumping! Doesn't Sally like those kind?! Loved your Spin the Bottle!

Comment

Working...
                                X