Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
    Favourite Sam moment

Anytime she's in an action scene (FIAD when she blows up the Staff Weapon Emplacement with the AT-4 is one of my favourites. Its one of my rotating Sigs i think)
    Anytime shes in the F-302's. She looks great in that funky G-Suit.
    Anytime she's technobabbling. One of the reasons Carter's my fav char is that I like to know how stuff works, and so does Sam
    Any scene with her and RepliCarter! AT does a great job of playing two diff chars at the same time. Looking forward to Moebius
    Spoiler:
    to see AT play nerdy Sam

Hell, I'll just say anytime Sam's on screen
    Great post!

And -- I've been meaning to ask... how do you get your cool sig pics to rotate? What are .php files...and how do you make them? I do have Dreamweaver, but am nowhere near an expert with it...

Comment

A poignant Sam moment that stands out for me is the scene in Revelations when Sam is in Daniel’s lab, just touching his journal and glasses. Her talk with Hammond is so moving. She’s just barely holding the tears in as she tries to cope with Daniel being gone. Amanda and Don S. Davis both are fantastic in this scene, which was extremely well-written.

On a lighter note, I liked watching Sam and Corso flirting in Forsaken
      Besides, all we’re really doing is plugging your ship into my battery….I guess that didn’t sound very good, did it?”
      … “And I make a mean soufflé.”

Later, taking off her vest and jacket and noticing his interest – “Don’t get your hopes up; this is as far as I’m going.”

From Metamorphosis, I love the opening scene with Jonas. She has such an infectious smile!
      “Jonas, you are such a chickensh...”

It seems to me that Amanda’s personality was coming out in Sam here and it's so good to see that less serious side of Sam once in a while.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist

And -- I've been meaning to ask... how do you get your cool sig pics to rotate? (you aren't doing it manually?).
        lol no, just a simple php script that displays a random pic when called. PM me if ya want, and i'll help you set one up.

RE to the whole 2010 thing, it did show off some of Carter's character. Faxon had basically forbid her from taking part in the whole operation, but when she saw it go pear shaped she knew she had to go help them. Even when she knew it was probably suicide to go.

Originally posted by MajorSam
        Especially with all the discussion's we've had on Sam facing her 'dark other side" and such.
        Speaking of Dark Side Sam, I've been following a story I found on FanFiction.net called Imperium ( http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2228351/1/ ). I love the whole idea of Sam going a bit dark, because she's never really done it on the show (
        Spoiler:
        Before RepliCarter of course, and I'm kinda sad to see RepliCarter gone. But who knows, apparently Daniel survives so maybe RepliCarter did too
        )

Comment

spoilers for ALL seasons ahead!

Originally posted by Skydiver

so let's keep it going. What's your favorite sam moment in the show?

Wow, what a question! I don't know if I can pick just one fave Sam moment. I can pick my fave Amanda/Sam moment, and that was when the Entity was trying not to explode in anger when Jack was threatening it with sending more probes to it's planet. I was SO proud of Amanda and SO overwhelmed with her acting at the moment! But for just a fave Sam moment... hmmm....

K, I'm really going to try this, and pick only ONE moment/ep from each season. (I'll let you know now, I failed in the one moment thinger )

Season one: in Solitudes, when Sam returned to die with Jack. It certainly had shippy qualities to it, but it also was a testiment to the deep friendship and respect Sam had for Jack (and he for her). When she pretended to be Sara, and told Jack he could sleep now... it was so bitter/sweet, because she was not only letting a dying man let go now, she was also letting herself go. And neither alone. (i'm getting depressed now )

Season two: In the Line of Duty, when... jeez, I can't think of one single moment in that ep. I guess it's made up of moment(s) through out it. A tapestry that weaves one hell of an impact.

Season three: Jolinar's Memories/The Devil You Know. I don't know which ep had this one scene, and I don't know why this is the scene I'm choosing, other than it was the first to pop into my head. Sam's with Bynar, and he's telling her that he's going to kill her. Sam's listening to him, but she's also remembering being Jolinar and remembering how Jolinar finally escaped. Bynar's saying he's going to kill her as Sam's just looked up to the ceiling, remembering the rings that can come down. Bynar doesn't realize what Sam's thinking, but when he says about killing her, Sam glances back to him quickly with just her eyes... I just remember loving that scene, because you could just see Sam's brain split in two, and reacting subtly but strongly to what he'd said. Amanda played it *perfectly*.

Season four: Entity, that scene I mentioned above. But for 'just' a Sam moment - Divide and Conquer, when Sam and Jack were separated by the force field. The message going on between them, without one, single word being spoken. You saw it all (love, grief, sorrow, anger, desire, dread, fear, longing, the please-don't-do-this-because-of-me/please-don't-leave-me); and once again, Amanda nailed a scene without saying a word. Very powerful moment.

Season five: Desparate Measures, when she was holding the gun on Adrian and his men while she was up against the wall (literally). You could see the 'I'm trapped!' statement, and then her slow resolve that she wasn't going to get away. Great acting.

A close second is from Summit/Last Stand, when Lantesh/Elliott is telling Sam that Lantesh loved her too. Sam's face was shadowed a bit, but you could still see the emotions playing on her face (and heart). It had a melancholy feel to it, and the lighting and Amanda's acting imprinted the moment on my mind.

Okay, my third choice. In Meridian, when Sam tried (and failed) to save Daniel with the healing device. When she saw she was making it worse, and the staff moved in and Sam said, 'I'm sorry, I'm sorry!'... that was very moving and affected me greatly. I played that scene over and over.

Season six: In Paradise Lost, when Sam argued with Dr Lee about him packing up and leaving. I've explained my love for this scene before, but it's right up there with my fave Sam/Amanda moments because of Amanda's acting.

Honorable mention (you knew I'd not be able to resist naming more ): Metamorphosis, when Sam is leaving the cell to be brought to Nirrti's machine, and she glances back at Jack. She knew what that moment really was (the beginning of her death), but she tried to make light of it and say she'd finally get to see how the machine worked. Total grace under a pressure that I can't even imagine. The look on her face was defeatist, scared, and brave at the same time. Amanda just blows me away.

Season seven: this is going to be very hard to pick, so expect multiple eps again.

Grace, when halucination Teal'c is walking away from Sam and she is pleading with him, "Wait! Where you going? You're wrong Teal'c, I'm not on an alien ship. I'm right here." Sam was so vulnerable, and even more than her begging for his help, I felt she really just didn't want to be left alone. I loved Amanda's physical work for Sam in that scene. The way she moved her arms, the way she appeared so young and helpless with just the physical movements and expression on her face. I've never seen Sam so vulnerable.

Honorable mentions:

Chimera. I have no other way of saying this, I hated this ep (it broke my heart totally), but I can still see Sam's face in certain scenes that moved me as an Amanda fan. When Pete came to pick her up for the dance, and the way she smiled soflty but with pride at the way he was ogling her. And at the end, when she was telling him all about the Stargate program. The very last scene, when she realized he was buying it and accepting it... Sam had such a sweet and endearing expression on her face. I definitely saw a side of Sam I'd never seen before in that ep. And even though this ep warred *greatly* with my S/J shipper side, I could still see the fantastic and touching acting from Amanda. (((Amanda)))

Death Knell, when the super soldier came up from the dirt and she realized she was going to die. Amanda did that 'million thoughts/million expressions' thing again which blew me away.

Heroes part two: the hug between Sam and Jack. You knew *exactly* what she was feeling and thinking! Extreme pain that she'd lost her dearest friend, and extreme relief that she still had Jack.

Lost City(s): When Sam went to Jack's house to talk to him. She was so uncomfortable, but she was trying to get it all out anyways. She was wound tight. When Daniel and Teal'c showed up, you could see her close her eyes a moment. She lost her chance and nerve.

Then in the engine room, when she once again tried to talk to him. When he replied, 'I know', but the look on her face was of not being sure she did know. She looked hurt, confused, and vulnerable, like she wasn't really sure she understood what just happened.

When Sam put her hand on the ice covering Jack's face. She was losing him, and you saw the multitude of emotions playing on her face.

Season eight: New Order, part two. All the scenes with Fifth torturing Sam. Especially when she broke down and cried. That was *very* powerful and showed Sam at her breaking point.

And then at the end, when she was found lying on the ground: I loved the look on her face. She looked so relieved to be found, so relieved to see Jack alive and obviously well, and just relieved to be alive.

Okay, I tried *really* hard to stick with just one moment from one ep for each season, but as you can see, I failed miserably. I did leave out other scenes/eps, so at least I succeeded in keeping this post down to pre War and Peace level.

I LOVE this thread!

Sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Have we yet talked about Sam pickin up the grenade launcher in "Forever in a Day" ???

Or a Sam Teal'c moment, in Space Race, when he's like "Samantha Carter has requested my assistance" or whateve and she's like "I did?" *Insert Teal'c look here* "Oh, right...Thank you..." *people walk away as Teal'c turns to Sam "I am in your debt" "Indeed!"

I love both those scenes so much!

I loved that scene! And Jack's reaction to all of it, like he just knew he was being tricked and deceived. But Sam's quick catch on was so cute.

Sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
              oh, that's one reason i love space race.

yes, it was cheesy, but it was sam and sam and tealc' and they had some great moments

i love it and would like to think that sam is one of the few people who could tease a first prime and not only get away with it, get a smile out of it too
              I have this ep on tape. Besides it being a Sam-heavy ep, it was fun!

Sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

yup yup definately! I love how she's like, the only one who can make Teal'c smiles. its just so....CUTE, whenever they have moments like that! I always think of him being almost like her teddy bear, lol. How she can make him happy, and he can make her happy. It's just such a beautiful friendship!!!

I remember the first Sam/Teal'c scene that impressed me so. It's from the first ep ever, and at the end when Teal'c first came through the gate to the Earth side, he hands over his staff weapon to Sam (I hope I'm remembering this scene right). Anyhoo, it was a moment between them, where you could see her affection and respect for this man that just gave up everyone and everyone to follow them, and his respect for this strong and remarkable female warrior. I saw it as her making sure Teal'c would be safe and welcomed, and he giving his highest of respect to this woman by handing over his weapon to her. Great moment.

Sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

I can't believe that only 4 people voted for Spirits as one of their favourite 2nd season Sam eps. I love that ep!!! It's funny (especially when she has to talk to the dog *lol*), she can take charge and there's even some shippiness.

LG Estelle
                  Abu: This is a woman?
                  O'Neill: Oh, yeah.

Carter: Err. Colonel?
                  O'Neill: It's my side arm, I swear.

Jack: I don't get it. I mean, how can she make kids without a... man friend?
                  Malek: The Queen is able to reproduce asexually.
                  Jack: Is that why you guys took hosts?

Jack: Oooo... did anyone else feel that?
                  Sam: The tingling sensation is a result of the EM field passing over your skin, but it's not causing any physical damage, so there's no need for concern sir.
                  Jack: No I *like* it.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                    spoilers for ALL seasons ahead!

Wow, what a question! I don't know if I can pick just one fave Sam moment. I can pick my fave Amanda/Sam moment, and that was when the Entity was trying not to explode in anger when Jack was threatening it with sending more probes to it's planet. I was SO proud of Amanda and SO overwhelmed with her acting at the moment! But for just a fave Sam moment... hmmm....

K, I'm really going to try this, and pick only ONE moment/ep from each season. (I'll let you know now, I failed in the one moment thinger )

Season one: in Solitudes, when Sam returned to die with Jack. It certainly had shippy qualities to it, but it also was a testiment to the deep friendship and respect Sam had for Jack (and he for her). When she pretended to be Sara, and told Jack he could sleep now... it was so bitter/sweet, because she was not only letting a dying man let go now, she was also letting herself go. And neither alone. (i'm getting depressed now )

Season two: In the Line of Duty, when... jeez, I can't think of one single moment in that ep. I guess it's made up of moment(s) through out it. A tapestry that weaves one hell of an impact.

Season three: Jolinar's Memories/The Devil You Know. I don't know which ep had this one scene, and I don't know why this is the scene I'm choosing, other than it was the first to pop into my head. Sam's with Bynar, and he's telling her that he's going to kill her. Sam's listening to him, but she's also remembering being Jolinar and remembering how Jolinar finally escaped. Bynar's saying he's going to kill her as Sam's just looked up to the ceiling, remembering the rings that can come down. Bynar doesn't realize what Sam's thinking, but when he says about killing her, Sam glances back to him quickly with just her eyes... I just remember loving that scene, because you could just see Sam's brain split in two, and reacting subtly but strongly to what he'd said. Amanda played it *perfectly*.

Season four: Entity, that scene I mentioned above. But for 'just' a Sam moment - Divide and Conquer, when Sam and Jack were separated by the force field. The message going on between them, without one, single word being spoken. You saw it all (love, grief, sorrow, anger, desire, dread, fear, longing, the please-don't-do-this-because-of-me/please-don't-leave-me); and once again, Amanda nailed a scene without saying a word. Very powerful moment.

Season five: Desparate Measures, when she was holding the gun on Adrian and his men while she was up against the wall (literally). You could see the 'I'm trapped!' statement, and then her slow resolve that she wasn't going to get away. Great acting.

A close second is from Summit/Last Stand, when Lantesh/Elliott is telling Sam that Lantesh loved her too. Sam's face was shadowed a bit, but you could still see the emotions playing on her face (and heart). It had a melancholy feel to it, and the lighting and Amanda's acting imprinted the moment on my mind.

Okay, my third choice. In Meridian, when Sam tried (and failed) to save Daniel with the healing device. When she saw she was making it worse, and the staff moved in and Sam said, 'I'm sorry, I'm sorry!'... that was very moving and affected me greatly. I played that scene over and over.

Season six: In Paradise Lost, when Sam argued with Dr Lee about him packing up and leaving. I've explained my love for this scene before, but it's right up there with my fave Sam/Amanda moments because of Amanda's acting.

Honorable mention (you knew I'd not be able to resist naming more ): Metamorphosis, when Sam is leaving the cell to be brought to Nirrti's machine, and she glances back at Jack. She knew what that moment really was (the beginning of her death), but she tried to make light of it and say she'd finally get to see how the machine worked. Total grace under a pressure that I can't even imagine. The look on her face was defeatist, scared, and brave at the same time. Amanda just blows me away.

Season seven: this is going to be very hard to pick, so expect multiple eps again.

Grace, when halucination Teal'c is walking away from Sam and she is pleading with him, "Wait! Where you going? You're wrong Teal'c, I'm not on an alien ship. I'm right here." Sam was so vulnerable, and even more than her begging for his help, I felt she really just didn't want to be left alone. I loved Amanda's physical work for Sam in that scene. The way she moved her arms, the way she appeared so young and helpless with just the physical movements and expression on her face. I've never seen Sam so vulnerable.

Honorable mentions:

Chimera. I have no other way of saying this, I hated this ep (it broke my heart totally), but I can still see Sam's face in certain scenes that moved me as an Amanda fan. When Pete came to pick her up for the dance, and the way she smiled soflty but with pride at the way he was ogling her. And at the end, when she was telling him all about the Stargate program. The very last scene, when she realized he was buying it and accepting it... Sam had such a sweet and endearing expression on her face. I definitely saw a side of Sam I'd never seen before in that ep. And even though this ep warred *greatly* with my S/J shipper side, I could still see the fantastic and touching acting from Amanda. (((Amanda)))

Death Knell, when the super soldier came up from the dirt and she realized she was going to die. Amanda did that 'million thoughts/million expressions' thing again which blew me away.

Heroes part two: the hug between Sam and Jack. You knew *exactly* what she was feeling and thinking! Extreme pain that she'd lost her dearest friend, and extreme relief that she still had Jack.

Lost City(s): When Sam went to Jack's house to talk to him. She was so uncomfortable, but she was trying to get it all out anyways. She was wound tight. When Daniel and Teal'c showed up, you could see her close her eyes a moment. She lost her chance and nerve.

Then in the engine room, when she once again tried to talk to him. When he replied, 'I know', but the look on her face was of not being sure she did know. She looked hurt, confused, and vulnerable, like she wasn't really sure she understood what just happened.

When Sam put her hand on the ice covering Jack's face. She was losing him, and you saw the multitude of emotions playing on her face.

Season eight: New Order, part two. All the scenes with Fifth torturing Sam. Especially when she broke down and cried. That was *very* powerful and showed Sam at her breaking point.

And then at the end, when she was found lying on the ground: I loved the look on her face. She looked so relieved to be found, so relieved to see Jack alive and obviously well, and just relieved to be alive.

Okay, I tried *really* hard to stick with just one moment from one ep for each season, but as you can see, I failed miserably. I did leave out other scenes/eps, so at least I succeeded in keeping this post down to pre War and Peace level.

I LOVE this thread!

Sally

Wow!! What a great post! Thanks for writing out all these Sam moments!

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                      A poignant Sam moment that stands out for me is the scene in Revelations when Sam is in Daniel’s lab, just touching his journal and glasses. Her talk with Hammond is so moving. She’s just barely holding the tears in as she tries to cope with Daniel being gone. Amanda and Don S. Davis both are fantastic in this scene, which was extremely well-written.

NC
                      i like her reluctance throughout the whole eps. she did NOT want to go on the mission. did NOT want to spend time with jack and teal'c, she wanted to crawl off into a corner and grieve

but when she had to go, she did her job

of course, i also notice how jack knew she wasn't totally up to par, did what he normally does, kept her in the safer place (he tends to do that with her and daniel/jonas, keeping them as out of the line of fire as possible) and then, when sam got zatted, all of a sudden jack was out of 'it's a lark' mode adn into 'butt kicking commando' mode.

he knew sam was in trouble, knew she was there because he'd pushed her before she was ready, and knew that he had to help her
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Tok'Ra1&2 had some exceptional Sam/Hammond moments. Part one, the scene where Sam assures George that her dad doesn't want her around and George actually calls her "Sam," and then his, "you're more like your father than you like to admit."

(BTW, did you know that AT and DS consider Hammond to be Sam's godfather? I have to say that I see that in the way these characters treat each other in these eps.)

Then, in part two, one of Sam's most endearing moments for me was that wonderful look on her face when her dad finally found out what it is his kid does for a living. That smile Sam shares with George is so real. Sam looked so vindicated that it's hard to remember that it was just an act performed to script with dozens of crew around.
                        Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                        "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                        One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                        resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                        confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                        A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                        The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess

(BTW, did you know that AT and DS consider Hammond to be Sam's godfather? I have to say that I see that in the way these characters treat each other in these eps.)
                          this fits in with my interpretation of thier relationship. we know that jacob and george used to serve together, so i don't see it as too far of a stretch that they knew/know each others' families and i do think that sam knew george before the sgc

remember in Enemy Within...when jack and kawalsky are arguing, sam and hammond are standing beside each other and they exchange this look, it's one of familiarity and friendship and mutual amusement at the boys' antics

I've even had fun with it in fic a time or two, but yes, i do see sam and george having an almost father/daughter relationship
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

... Or a Sam Teal'c moment, in Space Race, when he's like "Samantha Carter has requested my assistance" or whateve and she's like "I did?" *Insert Teal'c look here* "Oh, right...Thank you..." *people walk away as Teal'c turns to Sam "I am in your debt" "Indeed!"

That is definitely one of a steadily growing list of Favorite Teal'c/Sam Scenes. Just hilarious.

The only one that surpasses that scene is in "New Order"
                            Spoiler:

when Sam and Teal'c are on that ship. The convo is just really cool.

You gotta love the scene in "Sacrifices,"
                            Spoiler:

when Ry'ac tells Daniel and Sam that they want to have the wedding at the SGC. The looks on their faces is priceless.
                            Daniel: They're having the wedding here!
                            Sam: Yeah.
                            Daniel: Does Jack know about this?
                            Sam: I'm gonna work on... finding them a planet... Yeah...

Classic friendship scenes there.
                            Last edited by the dancer of spaz; 08 February 2005, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                              I loved that scene! And Jack's reaction to all of it, like he just knew he was being tricked and deceived. But Sam's quick catch on was so cute.

Sally
                              Oh man. And when Teal'c was like, "I do not wish to disappoint Major Carter," and Jack was like (obviously perturbed), "Yeah... I know the feeling."

Hilarious.

It kinda plays into those moments from the beginning of the series when Sam would do something and the guys would kinda realize that there was no stopping her. It probably wasn't kosher as a soldier to do it, but there were many moments when her behavior was quite reminiscent of a certain then-Colonel's behavior. So, needless to say, she was in good company (with Daniel and Teal'c), and she had the right CO.

In "The Broca Divide:"

Daniel: Jack! There you are. Going on the Internet to do a little research on Australopithecus, and (sees O'Neill's shoulder) wow, what happened to you?

O'Neill: Oh, I - got in a little wrestling match with Carter.

Daniel: Why?

O'Neill: I guess she's got whatever Johnson's got. Had to drag her off to the infirmary.

Daniel: What, did she start a fight with you, like Johnson did with Teal'c?

O'Neill: No, she, uh - tried to seduce me.

Daniel: Oh. You... poor man.

Or in "The First Commandment:"

Sam: "I can't just stay here and watch him beat that man to death."

Teal'c: "You will be captured."

Sam: "Uh-huh."

Danny: "You think that's a plan?"

Sam: "Daniel, I can get to Hanson, that's what the Colonel was talking about."

Danny: "Well can you at least wait until he gets back?"

Sam: "A man could be dead by then." (She leaves Daniel and Teal'c)

Daniel: "We should have stopped her."

Teal'c: "We would have failed."

It's great. Because you know that, when it comes to artifacts, Daniel would do the same thing. Or, when it comes to "that whole Jaffa Revenge Thing," Teal'c would do the same thing. If it came to going against some jerk's decision, Jack was all over it. In the beginning Sam wasn't any different than her friends, and yet it was treated... differently.

Hmmm... I guess it must be the female factor.

All quotes are courtesy of moon-catchin.net

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                                Tok'Ra1&2 had some exceptional Sam/Hammond moments. Part one, the scene where Sam assures George that her dad doesn't want her around and George actually calls her "Sam," and then his, "you're more like your father than you like to admit."

Then, in part two, one of Sam's most endearing moments for me was that wonderful look on her face when her dad finally found out what it is his kid does for a living. That smile Sam shares with George is so real. Sam looked so vindicated that it's hard to remember that it was just an act performed to script with dozens of crew around.
                                Thanks for sharing that tidbit about AT/DS about Hammond and Sam. That feels right to me when watching this scene in part one.

Comment

Working...
                                X