Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
    Thanks, AD!

I voted for the "big three": ITLOD which is such a showcase for AT's talent, and the Tok'ra I and II in which she gets to develop the Jolinar arc and work with two terrific actors, JR Bourne and Carmen Argenziano.

I think the acting between Sam and Martouf seemed so natural because the actors, themselves, felt an instant attraction. Here's an excerpt from The Illustrated Companion Seasons 1/2:

"A mutual admiration society built up between AT and JR Bourne whilst filming The Tok'ra. 'It was incredible,' recalls Bourne. 'From the moment we met, it was as if I'd known this woman all my life. There's a scene where we take a walk and then sit down to talk about Jolinar, and it's the first time I've ever been in an acting situation where I wasn't acting. It just seemed so natural walking along and chatting to her, that we were both surprised when the director yelled cut.' Tapping has similar memories of the episode. 'The best thing was meeting JR Bourne - Martouf. We had virtually no time to learn this seven-page scene together, but he was so lovely it just seemed to flow. When we did the whole walking sequence through the desert I remember it being a huge wide shot, so you couldn't exactly see our mouths, but we were having a really great conversation. I can't recall what we were talking about now, but there was just this instant connection.'"

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist

In The Line of Duty
      Sam getting Goa'ulded! Wow! What a scene when her eyes glowed at the beginning! And the ramifications for her character development after that... just wonderful.
      I remember from way back that there was a behind the scenes thing that Showtime did for Stargate between seasons 1 and 2. In it, Amanda said (concerning what was coming up for Sam in season two) something like, 'And something happens to Sam that's really big. *she stares into the camera* 'Reeeally big'. That last part, with her saying 'really big' was so cute, because of the look on Amanda's face and the way she said that phrase. I can't remember exactly how she stated the first sentence, but the 'really big' thing I remember well. I wish I could find that segment (somewhere on the net) to keep.

Sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        http://isis.sholvah.org/index.php?vote

is the isis awards

there are a lot of minor pairing fic nommed
        Holy Hannah - no mention of a Jack and Sam pairing?!

Which category and which story is yours?!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          After reading ppl's replies about the Sam/Janet friendship, I want to say how much I MISS Janet! Their rapport was so natural and real feeling, and I know the two actresses really liked each other.

What I don't understand (spoilers for s7's Heroes pt 2)
          Spoiler:
          is why Janet's never been mentioned since her demise? If I were even half the Janet fan as I am Sam's, I'd be furious about her literal disappearance from everyone's minds and hearts. This character's been on the show since the fourth episode; doesn't that warrant at least a bloody mention that they miss her? I just really don't understand this.

Sally
          Yes, it's as if Janet and Cassie have just been erased from the show. We never really did get closure on any of that.

I believe that AT and TR were friends off the show as well. I wonder if they've kept up that friendship ....

Comment

i have a total of 5 nommed

sam/teal'c, sam/other and sam/daniel

and yeah, these are not sam/jack awards. the sjfa's, which are all s&j all the time open soon
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AmberMoon
              First time posting to this thread...created a pic of Sam but could find no place to post...found this thread and because it had Sam's name in it... I hope you don't mind...

...I love Sam Carter. Being a retired USAF, it's great to see a female in the military portrayed with intelligence, spunk, energy, toughness, passion...I think you get my drift. Sam Carter is no wimp!

Amanda Tapping is an amazing actress and when I found this image...I just had to make this picture. (I read somewhere that AT's favorite color is orange.)

*Wonderful* image! Thank you, AmberMoon, for sharing it.

Sam Carter, the center of 'our' universe.

Sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                Did it count all four of your votes? (You can tell by bringing the poll up and the episode titles of the ones that it counted from you are in italics).

Oh, I didn't know about the italics thinger. Then yes, it voted for all four.

Sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                  spoilers for s8's 'it's good to be king'

Sam was in command! They actually showed her being in command! On that alone, I loved it!

Sally

Definitely!

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                    I'm curious as to what you all think of the "Mother of All Contests" that MGM is running. In case you haven't seen it, you guess the date/time of birth and gender of Amanda's baby, for a chance to win Stargate related items.

I assume they have Amanda's permission to run the contest, but I admit, my reaction is mixed. It seems a little exploitive, but I guess she's ok with it, and it is up to her.

Anyway, I respect your opinions, so I wondered what you think.

NC
                    Totally agree. Thanks for mentioning it! I don't like that they did it, but hey... whateva. If she's OK with it, then all's well...

Comment

Ok, I just had an insane conversation with a bunch of folks about some of my adventures with meeting Amanda, and they all requested I post the pictures of me and her from our my interview on November 23rd of last year. I thought this would probably be the most fitting place, I hope it's ok with everyone

I must point out that I am actually TALLER than her, but at the time of taking, a thought popped into my head that she's AMANDA TAPPING, and thus should stand higher than me, so I bent my knees and slouched down a bit...

The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                      |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

CUL8TRJACK

I too would love to see some of the ad lib lines highlighted - perhaps in a cd with bloopers - and ad libs cut out - or are those bloopers too?

I too thought the Dr Evil was an ad lib. I've noticed Amanda laugh in a couple of scenes with RDA and thought it must have been an ad lib - or something had been cut out. The last scene in Prophecy in the infirmiry with Jonas shows AT/CJ laughing - from the directors extra on the dvd it shows RDA throws a book down on Corin's delicate place by mistake - which of course was cut - and they naturally all creased up, and I think they were still smiling from that!

And yes AT has one of the best smiles I have seen!

Nearly Circular - re Janet - I always loved the character Janet - and wished she was in more episodes. I often wished she could go off world with them on full missions. I loved her interaction with all the other characters - but especially Sam. I too love the first scene in Rite of Passage. All three actors were fantastic. AT got Sam looking a wee bit embarrased to perfection. Janet looked the narked mother to perfection too!! I was gutted when they killed her off. I know they thought it was the last season - but what a howler in my opinion - she provided a fantistic focus for character development for the other 4 - and GenH too. Teryl is also a remarkable actor. It is a shame AT is the only main woman on the show - though saying that I wouldn't be a fan of a Vala character taking up time - would prefer an earth based human - another great role model for us!!

ChopinGal.
                        I think season 8 will begin for me when I splash the wads for the first dvd - to be released at the end of this month. Othwerwise I would have to wait until late summer - if the dreaded T4 picks the series up again - the presenters have been trashing it quite a bit for season 7!

Thanks for the reply re the Gabbit event. I would love to meet up with you and show you around London - If we could all agree our favourite things to see!! Shame I don't live nearer or everyone could crash at mine!!

Astrogeologist - can't see you solitudes captures - unless I didn't give my creaking computer enough time to download them!!! Thankyou for all the other captures!!

Welcome Ambermoon - lovely picture of Sam thankyou for putting it on the thread!!!

Wow MajorSam - what an epic you went through. You are amazing - and must be both physically and mentally very resiliant. I loved reading your post - thanks for taking the time to put it up!! I loved the bit about the guys snoring like chainsaws - had similar experiences in some Scottish Bothys when off backpacking - ever heard the saying - "snoring like a trooper" - which I think is a cannibalisation of another saying?! You carry 100lb sacks - my backpack usually weighs about 40lb and that is way heavy enough for me - you must be strong!! You prove just how tough women can be when they train and try!!!

A lovely pic of Amanda you put up - doesn't she look radiant. How come you edited yourself out?

Love everyone's comments re their voting - again really interesting points coming out. I voted Singularity - the reasons already mentioned by everyone, Enigma - I loved seeing her thoughtfulness with Nareem and her reaction to the "emotion device." I think she was quite tickled to have a scientist to talk to on the same wavelength. Also Within The Serpents Grasp - tagged to The Serpent's Lair in season 2. - Soldier Sam - I just love it. also In the Line of Duty and Secrets - the first time we see her with her father and I loved it. Wish I could have voted for others as I like most Sam Stuff from earlier seasons - they just kept adding more layers and AT kept acting to greater and greater depths!

Skydiver - many thanks for all your work in getting the polls put up on the forum and everyones enthusiam in getting it started!!

Comment

Congrats to everyone who has had nominations for their fics. I just wish I had more time to read!!
                          Thisafternoon I'm reading through computer mags deciding what spec to buy for my replacement pc - at least its raining outside so I'm not missing out on a great mountain day or anything!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Comment

Hi, everyone. There's no place like home, eh?

Season 2 poll: I voted for Line of Duty - well, d'uh! Matter of Time and Message in a Bottle. I would gladly include Tok'Ra 1&2, but the poll put such unreasonable demands upon us - choose only 3 out of 22 eps. Really, now!

MoT: I love SF and this was a terrific SF, and Sam-centered episode. I love so much about how AT acted in this ep. Her "the hole isn't a hole and the apple isn't an apple... Colonel?" routine just cracks me up. Jack's reaction to her puts me in mind of that song, She Blinded Me With Science.

Then, of course, there's Sam's dry-throated horror at what was happening to Boyd's team, which she subtly changed to scientific detachment - "let's watch and study the effects of gravity on these four specimens and their environment." This change in Sam was so subtle that it's almost impossible to see the demarcation between concerned humanity and detached scientist. With the way AT chose to act this scene she highlighted - for me, at least - a glimpse of how good people can come to do evil things.

I loved Sam's frustration at being unable to grasp this particular bull by the horns. Being a theoretical Astrophysicist, this should have been a walk in the park for her, but no; all the conventional, complicated theorems that she'd been trained in were rendered useless; Narim was proved right: her understanding of quantum mechanics was flawed. She finally had to resort to the simplest of answers - blow the damn thing away (and, another plus: how many times does AT get to act alongside CJ in season two?)

Message in a Bottle. That's always been one of my all-time fav eps for the whole series and even though Jack is the one who gets skewered(I always cringe when I watch that scene!) I consider MiaB a Sam-focused ep. She does some great scenes with Daniel, Janet (personally, this is my fav Sam/Janet ep), Simmons, Hammond and Jack.

Gotta go, now. So much to say and to read in this one thread, alone , so little time.
                            Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                            "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                            One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                            resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                            confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                            A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                            The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
                              Ok, I just had an insane conversation with a bunch of folks about some of my adventures with meeting Amanda, and they all requested I post the pictures of me and her from our my interview on November 23rd of last year. I thought this would probably be the most fitting place, I hope it's ok with everyone

I must point out that I am actually TALLER than her, but at the time of taking, a thought popped into my head that she's AMANDA TAPPING, and thus should stand higher than me, so I bent my knees and slouched down a bit...

Thankyou for posting your photo and does'nt Amanda look well and i see blooming as well bless her!
                              May i ask what she had to say when you interviewed her and is that the only photo of Amanda and your self?
                              ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                                MoT: I love SF and this was a terrific SF, and Sam-centered episode. I love so much about how AT acted in this ep. Her "the hole isn't a hole and the apple isn't an apple... Colonel?" routine just cracks me up. Jack's reaction to her puts me in mind of that song, She Blinded Me With Science. LOL!

Then, of course, there's Sam's dry-throated horror at what was happening to Boyd's team, which she subtly changed to scientific detachment - "let's watch and study the effects of gravity on these four specimens and their environment." This change in Sam was so subtle that it's almost impossible to see the demarcation between concerned humanity and detached scientist. With the way AT chose to act this scene she highlighted - for me, at least - a glimpse of how good people can come to do evil things. That's a great observation.

Message in a Bottle. That's always been one of my all-time fav eps for the whole series and even though Jack is the one who gets skewered(I always cringe when I watch that scene!) I consider MiaB a Sam-focused ep. She does some great scenes with Daniel, Janet (personally, this is my fav Sam/Janet ep), Simmons, Hammond and Jack.
                                And, in Message in a Bottle, we get to see Sam as a scientist again, but this time it's not Super Sam. She has to keep experimenting(unfortunately with Jack's life in the balance,) until she finds the solution. Isn't that more the norm for science than getting it right on the first attempt?

NC

Comment

Working...
                                X